• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Atlanta Hawks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wandering off, like usual. Shaq and Phil gave him 3 of those and secondly that has nothing to do with clutch. Way to not prove a single point in your favor. :pound:

:L :pound:
Winning is Clutch. Well most would would pick Kobe and I showed you that. so u are in the Minority. Its ok to be a LBJ Homer. i don't blame you. U have me defending Kobe who i hate. Damn u Cavs fan.

Good Luck in the Finals. Also LBJ gets flustered a lot in Big moments and disappears is some cases. Turnover machine. That also doesn't help him being clutch. Also not clutch Free throw shooter. 75%
NBA Random Stat: Clutch Free Throw Shooting from 82games.com

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope Give me Kobe 5 rings speak louder. Give me a a proven winner. Stats lie some times everyone knows that. Lakers were his team he was the leader.
Its close between the 2 but this leans me to Kobe.

Kobe was only the best player on his championship teams twice.
Same number as James.

James is clearly the better overall player IMO.
He just is. He's a freak of nature.
He's never injured.
Maybe it is/was some type of steroids?
Not accusing. It just seems to all fit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James' shot in game 7 felt like the series ender.
It was a gut shot to the Spurs.

No doubt the Heat was 'lucky' to pull out that game 6, but they were also deserving.
They didn't quit. They hit 2 key 3's. They didn't allow the Spurs to score.

What happened last year is no reflection on what happened the year before.
The Spurs were on a mission very similiar to what the Heat did the season after losing to the Mavs.
I agree it was a little Gut shot to the spurs(i don't think they would of scored anyways) but to be honest the Ray shot was the true Gut shot. He carried over to the next game. Spurs blew that lead and then Ray hits the game winner. Hard to regroup after that.

Perfect example: My Bulls this year. LBJ Hits that game winner. He misses it goes into OT and say Bulls win we are up 3-1. Bulls never regrouped after that. Gasol injury didn't help but still. That shot was the true Gut shot to the Bulls.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was only the best player on his championship teams twice.
Same number as James.

James is clearly the better overall player IMO.
He just is. He's a freak of nature.
He's never injured.
Maybe it is/was some type of steroids?
Not accusing. It just seems to all fit.
I would 3-4 them he was. He is a freak but he has his downsides- He gets flustered, Turns the ball over in big moments, Free throw shooting isn't great, and his jump shot isn't great. He is a mismatch nightmare to other teams. I just would take Kobe. To be honest A mix of the 2 would be scary.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still pissed that the officials stopped the clock after Ray Allen's miracle 3-pointer.
The Spurs could have had a break the other way and 6 seconds left.

It likely would have been a far easier score or foul to get in chaos.
All the best miami shotblockers and defenders were not going to be able to get back in time as they were off balance.

The officials stopped the clock (Why???) and it allowed the HEAT to set up a halfcourt defense.
That is my one thing to truly ever bitch about from officials.

It was stopped to review the 3. Would you have been fine if they didn't review it and replays later showed that ray foot was on the line?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to turn the sound off.

These announcers are so full of shit.

All over James' cock...and SI letter bullshit.

Like he went back because it was the city of Cleveland or he suddenly forgave Gilbert.

If you actually believe that, I've got some nice property about 6 miles West in the Everglades you can buy cheap and build your dream home on.
Then why did he go back to Cleveland?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy hates LeBron

its like Sman reincarnate.

LeBron gets lucky because Ray Allen hit a clutch three.

Kobe, MJ and Duncan NEVER had role players hit clutch threes don't ya know?

All the statistics point to LeBron being better in the clutch? Nope, my opinion overrules your facts! So there!

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like a few people to pay particular attention to this section titled The Highlight Reel Conundrum:

The highlight reel conundrum

We can direct some of the blame to the construct of the highlight reel. As a game's CliffsNotes, highlight reels capture the awe-inspiring plays and dramatic game-changing events in snapshots. They give us the game-winning shot, but the rest gets tossed to the cutting-room floor. And the truth is, we don't get to see all the times a player fails in critical moments; we see only the ones when he succeeds.

Highlight reels, by design, help facilitate our inherent confirmation bias -- a fallacy of the human mind that causes us to remember what confirms our preconceived notions and throw out the contradictory evidence. Bryant holds the reputation as the game's most clutch player, and who are we to disagree when we see Bryant with a game winner seemingly every fifth day? No one has the time or the interest to watch all 96 of Bryant's missed field goal attempts in clutch situations since 2008-09. But those happened, and we need to account for them.

Also, there's a certain flair to Bryant's typical game winners that lends itself to immortality. We watch in anticipation as the ball leaves Bryant's fingertips on a contested perimeter jumper, which is the toughest shot in the game. But the degree of difficulty of the shot works both ways. When he hits the back-breaking shot, it is heroic. But when he misses, it is understandable. All of James' seven makes have come within 8 feet, while all nine of Bryant's makes have come outside 12 feet (he missed his only attempt inside 12 feet, a layup).

So as scorers, James and Bryant have different styles, and this certainly has a dramatic effect on how we remember them as clutch players. Bryant's outside game provides better theater, whereas James' bruising attack leads to comparatively sleepy trips to the free throw line. But they provide the same means to an end.

Ultimately, Bryant and James are two all-time legends, and it seems silly to boil their greatness to a few seconds of play. While the debate between LeBron James and Kobe Bryant will never die, the clutch badge has always rested on Bryant's sleeve. Now we're seeing that it isn't quite that simple.

If you want a game-winning shot, you might choose Bryant. But that happens no more than a handful of times per season.

If you want a player to carry the team down the stretch in the fourth quarter, we find that James, not Bryant, boasts the winning track record in the clutch.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did he go back to Cleveland?

In reverse order:

3. The situation here wasn't 'fun' anymore.
2. He lost faith in Wade+ it was near impossible to really upgrade when you don't have draft picks, youth or cap space.
1. He made Gilbert his bitch. He has more power/ say so over anything basketball related then the actual owner.
The man loves the power. It's all about him having his way, doing what he wants, when he wants.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and quite a few others here.

Big difference between blind ignorant hate vs having discussion with people who hate him but stil can be objective and put things in proper perspective.

I wasn't the one picking the Cavs to lose vs either the Hawks or Bulls.
I wasn't the one thinking Love would be missed.

I understand that James could have been on probably any of the 8 teams in the EC that made the playoffs and they'd all be right where the Cavs are now.
Hell, put him on the Heats end of the year roster and thats the best team of all of them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would 3-4 them he was. He is a freak but he has his downsides- He gets flustered, Turns the ball over in big moments, Free throw shooting isn't great, and his jump shot isn't great. He is a mismatch nightmare to other teams. I just would take Kobe. To be honest A mix of the 2 would be scary.

You like to talk out of your ass I see :pound:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy hates LeBron
No Just because I don't think he is Top 5. LOL I already stated he is great and is in my Top 12. How does that = hate. Again with another stupid comment by you. I don't know what happen to you BK. U must be drunk a lot. I have stated multiple time that LBJ is great. Get a F ing clue instead of running your mouth. Its getting old. U use to be ok but the last month u became a big time troll. I don't mind your opinions but its when u run your mouth(type) when u have no clue what u are talking about.

I dont hate LBJ I just don't drink the Juice.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron's jumper has never been great, but judging his jumper off these playoffs is an over exaggeration.

This is probably the worst shooting funk of his career coming at a god awful time and he's still winning. If they want to win the finals, that needs to be fixed asap.

Also, just throwing it out there, Jordan shot 19% from 3 in the entire playoffs once. I can't remember, but lebron is around there... so if you are trying to use LeBron's playoff 3pt shooting to prove a point of him vs Jordan thats kind of silly

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Just because I don't think he is Top 5. LOL I already stated he is great and is in my Top 12. How does that = hate. Again with another stupid comment by you. I don't know what happen to you BK. U must be drunk a lot. I have stated multiple time that LBJ is great. Get a F ing clue instead of running your mouth. Its getting old. U use to be ok but the last month u became a big time troll. I don't mind your opinions but its when u run your mouth(type) when u have no clue what u are talking about.

I dont hate LBJ I just don't drink the Juice.

That is fine, but that is your opinion. Stats tell the facts. That's all.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like to talk out of your ass I see :pound:
Nope just look at facts and visual. Im not the one that is up LBJ ass. :pound:He must pay you money to defend him especially when most of what you say is false. :sadbron:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron's jumper has never been great, but judging his jumper off these playoffs is an over exaggeration.

This is probably the worst shooting funk of his career coming at a god awful time and he's still winning. If they want to win the finals, that needs to be fixed asap.

Also, just throwing it out there, Jordan shot 19% from 3 in the entire playoffs once. I can't remember, but lebron is around there... so if you are trying to use LeBron's playoff 3pt shooting to prove a point of him vs Jordan thats kind of silly

MJ was never a good 3 point shooter just like Lebron. He had the mid-range and that fader. But yes this shooting funk is the worst I have seen from Lebron.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine, but that is your opinion. Stats tell the facts. That's all.
Yes thats what I been giving you and u still don't listen. I know stats do lie sometimes and in this case its a little bit of both with LBJ. Facts are he isn't clutch under 10 sec. Yes he makes big shots when its almost as important as the last shot. His Biggest shot coming this year against the bulls. He put a dagger to my team.