• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Draft Talk...just for fun

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's working into the 1st round, then he won't be a Ram. Can't imagine the Rams spending a 1st rounder on a QB unless they decide to move Bradford.

Fresno hasn't exactly been a hotbed for NFL talent (other than our own Henry Ellard, of course!), especially QBs: David Carr, Tom Brandstater, Trent Dilfer, Billy Volek, Kevin Sweeney. Of course, all it takes is one guy to turn that around, and maybe Derek Carr is that guy.

Sure, David was "broken" by playing behind a terrible line, but he's had a long time to overcome that and couldn't even stick as a back-up now.

Fresno State ranks in the Top 25 of colleges with players currently active in the NFL.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU I gotcha. I like HaHa but let's see who else sneaks up at FS for the upcoming draft.

I want neither Mettenburg or AJ McCarron in ANY round. If we draft a QB anywhere, He needs to be able to run.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok SJ.. how about a kid like Stephen Morris from Miami in the 4th round??

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now we REALLY need to look at QB in the next draft...

And now with the prospect of TWO picks in the top 10, I could see Marcus Mariota in a Rams uniform. How about Mariota and Kouandjio in the first round??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast KSUDodgers. We may lose the second number 1 especially if we trade for Cousins, you know the skins will want their number one back.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Stephen Morris' arm and speed. Problem is he's a little smarter than jamarcus and throws alot of INTs. Not very accurate.

Marriota is at the top of my list. Bridgewater is still good and the UCF was not his fault.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my honest opinion i rather tank the season then trade a first for a back up qb.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno State ranks in the Top 25 of colleges with players currently active in the NFL.

That doesn't mean they turn out good QBs (as noted in my post). Their up-tempo spread system inflates QB numbers, like Hawaii and Texas Tech.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast KSUDodgers. We may lose the second number 1 especially if we trade for Cousins, you know the skins will want their number one back.

#1- the Skins will NOT trade Cousins...nor would I give up a first rounder to get him.
#2- the only picks I consider trading for a stop gap guy (Ponder,Cassel etc) are rounds 5-7. We have an extra 7th. I would send that for Cassel

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1- the Skins will NOT trade Cousins...nor would I give up a first rounder to get him. - true
#2- the only picks I consider trading for a stop gap guy (Ponder,Cassel etc) are rounds 5-7. We have an extra 7th. I would send that for Cassel -

why would you want another pocket QB who cannot run? At least get a younger QB that has some speed. Ponder is not my favorite, but I do NOT want Cassell. Remember KC applauding when he got hurt? he's done in this league - at least Ponder is young and may be ok with a change of scenery.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriota is also my preferred choice at QB in next year's draft. We better have a worse record than Chip Kelly's Eagles. No matter what "draft talk" comes out of Philadelphia, Kelly will snap up Marriota in a heartbeat!

1st pick in round one - Best QB on the board or we are doomed for more of the same!

2nd pick in round one - Best OT on the board or we are doomed for more of the same!

Does anyone see a pattern here???

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns did a great job getting the Colts #1 for Trent Richardson. He's just an average running back. Sorry, but that's the reality.

Fortunately, the Colt's pick will be at the bottom of round one!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask any Cowboys fan how happy they are with Claiborne. He was about to be demoted for poor play before he made a few plays in that Denver game.
Oh, I'm not saying I was right. I'm just saying it seemed odd at the time. I also think at least half of our defense would also get demoted if it was on the Cowboys right now, to be honest.

As far as next year's draft, we have that list again:

Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville. Probably the top pick. We should obviously draft him if we get a chance.

Aaron Murray, Georgia. Meh. 3rd-5th rounder. A guy with nothing special like Sanchez

Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M. You have to build an offense around him and he's already injury prone. Probably a 2nd rounder and could flame out of the NFL very quickly. We should prob avoid.

AJ McCarron, Alabama. I actually like this guy for the Rams, though I think the Alex Smith comparisons are fair. Probably a 2nd rounder though maybe 5th-7th if he doesn't show arm strength at the combine.

Tajh Boyd, Clemson. He got a 3rd round grade last year and that seems about right. Probably a backup at the next level. Not a bad guy to draft if he falls a bit.

Zach Mettenberger, LSU. Seems clutch and has the tools but LSU fans are always :gaah: about him so he is probably round 2-3. Also in that range of 'we're not replacing Bradford but we need a guy'

Braxton Miller, Ohio State. Haven't seen enough of him.

Marcus Mariota, Oregon. He's the new wave type of QB but he'll go top 10 and Im not sure he is a good enough prospect to totally give up on Bradford for.

Derek Carr, Fresno State. Haven't seen enough of him.