• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Post Game Thread

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Love beating the Eagles, it's getting to be a regular occurance.

I have no idea what to say about the end of game defense. Cali's post in the Barry thread showing they held 6 of 7 times can't be ignored but still...

DJax showed what he can do but Garcon showed what he does do,. He shows up nearly every week and does things like make a play on 4th and 1 with the season on the line. He reminds me of Art Monk, OK a smaller, poor man's Art Monk.

Went back amd watchd again, focusing on the substitutes. Ari was really good from what I saw, he should be starting but of course he probably won't. Spaight was not good, borederline terrible

Breeland? WTF??? Get out! Toller was playing the secoind half, I had assumed it was for Breland, then I read it was for Tdunbar who was equally bad. Can anyone clarify? Where was Fuller?

We got huge breaks all game. Not that we got away with bad calls but that reversal on Crowder's catch never seemed to happen in the past.

Chris Thompson is one of the best players on this team. Amazing in pass protection amd effective whenever he gets the ball.

But holy crap did that pitch play scare me. Looked like a 5 yard loss when it started. My first thought too was they scored too early.

Before Kerrigan's play I was incredibly dissapointed in our pass rush against an OL that was playing so many backups.

Say didn't you used to be a good kicker Dustin Hopkins?

Deshazor Everett should have been tossed after that second personal foul. It wasn't on purpose, the short punt kind of messed up his timing, but those were very dangerous plays.

Speaking of ST remember when their kick coverage used to cost them 1-2 games a year? It's been really good for 2 seasons now.

Other than Miami we got absolutely no help around the league, fuck you Dallas.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles coaches saved us. They should have gone for every 4th down, I was very happy when they kicked that last field goal. They were running it well, everyone runs it well against Washington, yet they ran it 17 times and threw it 33.

In a related topic once again our coaches seem to coach based on public opinion. We scream that Norman should be playing the other team's top receiver, they immediately make that change for the next game. We scream that they should run it more, the next game a dramtic change in the play calling. They revert to a pass happy attack, we scream again this last week, and suddenly they run it 23 times and throw it 21.

If I was a tight end in the last year of my contract I want to play the Redskins every week.

Is there much doubt left that Kirk Cousins has "it"? In virtually every game when they needed a score late in the game he has either gotten the score or put them in position, thanks a lot Dustin Hopkins. His play is all that mattered to me going into this season. You can find safeties, good QBs are much harder to find and have a much bigger impact.

Rob Kelly is good and never fumbles.

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not come down too hard on Everett. It is easy to criticize that in hindsight. However - those guys are coming down the field risking a lot & have to make split second decisions. Things like that will happen. It was nowhere near as bad as Douglas' play for the Titans - that guy deserves a major suspension especially since he showed absolutely no remorse or concern after it happened.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Everett could no where the ball is. That is a pure timing play that he just misjudged. While it was a vicious hit, it wasn't dirty.

Douglas, on the other hand, would be tossed from the league. That was pure dirty play and could ruin someone's career.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won on the road against a division opponent. I won't fire any coaches after that...but I will look closely at Barry.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree it was not a dirty play, just mistimed, he also delivered a kill shot to another player resulting in another injury. Ejections can come from results not just intent, and face it he acted recklessly and caused 2 injuries.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree it was not a dirty play, just mistimed, he also delivered a kill shot to another player resulting in another injury. Ejections can come from results not just intent, and face it he acted recklessly and caused 2 injuries.
I agree with this. It is about timing, but he could have caused major damage with that hit on a very defenseless Sproles. This isn't the XFL. I am happy that Sproles got off the field under his own power, but that hit was pretty inexcusable.

and I do think Sproles should have called for a fair catch. Not sure why he didn't.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not implying that it wasn't a vicious shot, only that it was not intentional. He had his back to the ball so he had no idea when Sproles was going to catch it. He will be fined, which is probably fair.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The result should have no bearing on an ejection. So now if you go at a TEs knees because you can't go high, you should be ejected if they get hurt?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that it was 2 very dangerous plays within an hour of each other also plays a part in my thinking. We all agree he wasn't trying to hurt Sproles, and no his injury shouldn't be factored in with the punishment. It was just worth mentioning to point out how dangerous they were, especially the 2nd one.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got the win on the road vs a division opponent we are still in the hunt for back to back winning seasons and playoffs

now the panthers are coming to town

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The result should have no bearing on an ejection. So now if you go at a TEs knees because you can't go high, you should be ejected if they get hurt?

I agree in the Everett case & it in no way looks like he had the intent of hurting anyone. However - I completely disagree in the Douglas situation. He went straight at Harris' knee & it was completely away from the play & 100% unnecessary. His postgame comments about the situation were also pretty pathetic. Expect a suspension for this guy.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got the win on the road vs a division opponent we are still in the hunt for back to back winning seasons and playoffs

now the panthers are coming to town

That a boy Dad. That's how I want to think about. A road win against a division opponent is sweet. Just wish we had caught Carolina earlier, they are very dangerous now.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that it was 2 very dangerous plays within an hour of each other also plays a part in my thinking. We all agree he wasn't trying to hurt Sproles, and no his injury shouldn't be factored in with the punishment. It was just worth mentioning to point out how dangerous they were, especially the 2nd one.
Agreed

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the hit on Celek was clean and the 2nd hit was a personal foul but not a dirty play. He was going down but so was Sproles. The way to prevent that play is to fair catch.

When did his job become to turn and see if the ball is coming? Sproles screwed up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got knocked ass of teacups on CTs touchdown run but he made the block. Sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug but if you get the job done you are a winner.