• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EAGLES/MIDGETS GAME THREAD

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have won this game if Wentz through a catchable ball to Matthews on our final play
on offense!

He did throw a catchable ball. In fact he put the ball exactly where he should have. This is something receivers and QB's get down as they work more and more together. Wentz made the right read. The defender had the inside position and there was plenty of room on the outside shoulder and he put it there. The best receivers make the adjustment and make the play.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did throw a catchable ball. In fact he put the ball exactly where he should have. This is something receivers and QB's get down as they work more and more together. Wentz made the right read. The defender had the inside position and there was plenty of room on the outside shoulder and he put it there. The best receivers make the adjustment and make the play.

Completely agree here. I just went and watched the play again. Aikman says something on the reply....how Wentz made the right play throwing it outside and how Matthews was looking for it on the inside. Why he was looking for it inside with the defender checking the inside I'll never know.

But it's simply a sign of QB and WR not being on the same page yet. If Jordan was looking on the outside he has a shot at it. He needed to have that recognition that the inside was negated. This is something that upgrade in WR talent can improve.

Not on Carson.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, my hope is that Howie can fill holes in free agency, so that he can grab Davis or Ross in the 1st round, a CB in the 2nd, and a RB in the 3rd. That said, I always want the BPA in the 1st, but we need a true stud so bad, ala T.O.; Dez; Julio; Megatron; etc. We deserve a stud WR!

(And....Saquon Barkley - 2018!)

So why take a gamble on the hardest position to get right in the draft and throw away yet ANOTHER 1st round pick???? For 2 first round picks - don't you think we could have traded for a proven commodity?? It's too important and too big of a need to gamble on imho.

WR1 and LT - use FA/Trade

OL and C in the 1st 2 rounds; RB in the 3rd, and defense after that.

I really liked what I saw out of truggs as well. If we get a true stud WR, the rest will be fine and be put in better positions to succeed. But if they cannot catch - I'm all for changing them to. But you don't have to use a 1st or 2nd to get possession type receivers.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why take a gamble on the hardest position to get right in the draft and throw away yet ANOTHER 1st round pick???? For 2 first round picks - don't you think we could have traded for a proven commodity?? It's too important and too big of a need to gamble on imho.

WR1 and LT - use FA/Trade

OL and C in the 1st 2 rounds; RB in the 3rd, and defense after that.

I really liked what I saw out of truggs as well. If we get a true stud WR, the rest will be fine and be put in better positions to succeed. But if they cannot catch - I'm all for changing them to. But you don't have to use a 1st or 2nd to get possession type receivers.

I can agree with this on one aspect....something I heard today. How Oakland will have to give Carr a franchise deal and that means $23-$25M these days. What that means is Oakland has to make sure they do not whiff much on FA pick ups and drafts.....or they end up like Indy. And this is a team with LOTS of cap space right now. Not a position we are in when Wentz comes up for a franchise deal in a few years.

By 2018 draft the team will be thinking heavily about that QB extension. You have to pick with your pick (most likely) and if that is the BPA and you like what you see than it is a go. I guess it is just too early to see that draft yet and exactly what this teams needs will be. So it is easy to feel leery about tossing the dice on WR in the 1st round just yet.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you also like TREGGS?

I could see a Stud, Matthews, Treggs, and Turner here next year. Maybe also another draftee with speed.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a big enough sample size with treggs to say I love him... but I loved what I saw out of him last week. It was enough, to me, to see more of him this week.

Honestly, I would love to see us make a deal to bring Djackson back. He isn't the #1 stud, but he is the field stretcher that puts everyone in a better position because they have to run off with him and respect his speed. I can deal with his ego, and actually like it in a WR - and I can can deal with his drops, because he does a lot to make up for it.

I would love to bring Brandon Marshall in for 2 years just to see what he can do here, and make a push with a QB as accurate as Wentz is. I think Brandon is built in the same way as TO was. Brandon recently talked about how he has been on a losing football team and locker room 75% of his career. If he had a legitimate QB and real shot at a SB - I could see him putting himself all in to go out with a ring and on top.

Id try to trade Algholor, if he has any trade value. I would keep DGB. He isn't the #1 stud, but I still like him. He and Matthews are both possession receivers, and would be great with a stud like Brandon Marshal in there, and a speedster like Djackson also. Let DGB, Matthews and Treggs fight for playing time. I really like Matthews in the slot. that would be a killer combo... Brandon Marshall (physical); Matthews (possession); Djackson (field stretcher).

That would free us up to really hit the OL hard, and draft a RB in the 3rd.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO ready to go - lol (jun 2015) think he is still ready? Broke, motivated, something to prove, great shape, awesome work ethic. hell, he would come on the cheap, be a good mentor to show guys how to be physical. Id do it in a heartbeat. LOL He would love to come in here and show, that in 1 year, he can take us to the SB Again. TO v 2.0. I'm baaaack. lol The entertainment value alone would be awesome. He made McNabb the franchise QB holder - imagine what he could do with Wentz. How old was J. Rice in his last year in the nfl?? 42 or so?? Chit, I want to see how Doug handles TO parking in his parking spot. lmao

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO ready to go - lol (jun 2015) think he is still ready? Broke, motivated, something to prove, great shape, awesome work ethic. hell, he would come on the cheap, be a good mentor to show guys how to be physical. Id do it in a heartbeat. LOL He would love to come in here and show, that in 1 year, he can take us to the SB Again. TO v 2.0. I'm baaaack. lol The entertainment value alone would be awesome. He made McNabb the franchise QB holder - imagine what he could do with Wentz. How old was J. Rice in his last year in the nfl?? 42 or so?? Chit, I want to see how Doug handles TO parking in his parking spot. lmao

So....an ex girlfriend called me up once. She seemed really sweet, like she got her life together.

But I didn't fall for it.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....an ex girlfriend called me up once. She seemed really sweet, like she got her life together.

But I didn't fall for it.

I bet the gf didn't stay in the type of shape TO does or have the work ethic he does. Just saying....

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if she did, they'd both still be insane.

22889595.jpg

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if she did, they'd both still be insane.

entertaining... cheap... teaches work ethic.. and last time went to the SB. I'll take that kinda crazy. You need to go date a hot latin crazy chic sometime and learn about passion. :p

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
entertaining... cheap... teaches work ethic.. and last time went to the SB. I'll take that kinda crazy. You need to go date a hot latin crazy chic sometime and learn about passion. :p

That was 12 years ago. Take it from a middle aged man who is in very healthy looking shape....you slow down.

This game is strictly about winning. If he could still contribute he would still be worth the headache and on a roster.

As for mixing out metaphors....I have dated crazy Latin chick. And, much like TO, passion cuts both ways.