• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Dynasty trade

Which side would you rather have?

• David Johnson

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Joe Mixon + Derrius Guice

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a whopper of a trade.

12 team 0.5 ppr

Which side you take?

Give your reason please.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 is more than 1

Cards seemingly in a rebuild, still haven't locked him up.

Redraft give me DJ, but I'll take a chance on Mixon or Guice or both breaking out within next 2 yrs

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the misconception of a 2 for one trade is that it is a 2 for one trade... it is not...

so the real question is if you trade for Guice and Mixon, who are you going to bench??

or if you are trading Guice and mixon, who takes over that spot that you traded?? either Flex or RB...

but face value, I would probably rather have DJ as he CAN be a game changer...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on your RB depth.

If you are trading 2 for 1, do you have other viable RB's to play alongside DJ?

If you are getting Mixon and Guice, it would have to be because you are weak at the position and need two potential solid starters vs 1 stud and little else.

That's what it boils down to.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a surplus of RB depth with Guice and Mixon as our top two.
Also have Coleman, Mack and Sony for our other RB slot
So it will be hit and miss unless either Mack or Sony step up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd want more then Mixon and Guice to trade a elite RB like David Johnson. You don't know what your getting with Mixon or Guice. Could be neither pans out.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a surplus of RB depth with Guice and Mixon as our top two.
Also have Coleman, Mack and Sony for our other RB slot
So it will be hit and miss unless either Mack or Sony step up.
don't see that as a surplus at all...

You don't have ANY safe choices, all gambles... some better gambles than others...

I would make the trade, and then try to sell tevin coleman to the Freeman owner, and see if you can get an upside runner back...

who are your receivers???

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't see that as a surplus at all...

You don't have ANY safe choices, all gambles... some better gambles than others...

I would make the trade, and then try to sell tevin coleman to the Freeman owner, and see if you can get an upside runner back...

who are your receivers???

Right. Without the trade - outside of Mixon we'd still have a question upon who to play in that RB2 spot. Sure Guice will get first crack, and Coleman is a steady contributor but he's better off as a flex spot play.
WRs are decent but not deep. Have 3 good ones and then falls off. Evans, Diggs, Arob, Martavis, Lockett, Ridley.
Took over a POS team last year and cleared everyone from the roster. All the top players were already on other rosters. So we've just been scrounging pieces together to trade into valuable assets. We have a FA period coming up and it would be nice to gain another roster spot and add a top talent like DJ. We are at the point now that we are almost at the roster limit and time to sell off or combine things to get better.
The question is does this trade make the team better.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Without the trade - outside of Mixon we'd still have a question upon who to play in that RB2 spot. Sure Guice will get first crack, and Coleman is a steady contributor but he's better off as a flex spot play.
WRs are decent but not deep. Have 3 good ones and then falls off. Evans, Diggs, Arob, Martavis, Lockett, Ridley.
Took over a POS team last year and cleared everyone from the roster. All the top players were already on other rosters. So we've just been scrounging pieces together to trade into valuable assets. We have a FA period coming up and it would be nice to gain another roster spot and add a top talent like DJ. We are at the point now that we are almost at the roster limit and time to sell off or combine things to get better.
The question is does this trade make the team better.

it does make the team better... But that is not the question... the question is whether you think you can contend with the trade... if you don't think you can then this year should be another "punt" year...

The first thing I would do, even before this trade, is see what you can get for Coleman from the Freeman owner...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does make the team better... But that is not the question... the question is whether you think you can contend with the trade... if you don't think you can then this year should be another "punt" year...

The first thing I would do, even before this trade, is see what you can get for Coleman from the Freeman owner...

Probably top half of the league this year after being near the bottom last year. Our real bad spot is TE. Lost Henry so now need to rely on Ebron. But have some in FA worth going after. This trade also benefits the cap space to play in FA.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - took the trade. Thanks for the input everyone. You offered a few details and other perspectives that I appreciate.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not trade Coleman to the Freeman owner

At the very least, wait for Coleman to re-up with ATL before sending him to the Freeman owner.

Coleman could end up in a great situation in free agency next off season, worth more in dynasty than just a cuff for Freeman owner

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the very least, wait for Coleman to re-up with ATL before sending him to the Freeman owner.

Coleman could end up in a great situation in free agency next off season, worth more in dynasty than just a cuff for Freeman owner
this x100

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was why I acquired him last year. The way it looks now, I could see him land in a great spot next year. Pittsburgh, Oakland or Houston just to name a few. But he's a hold for me just to follow through with that plan.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could. But he also might not. And if you are trading for David Johnson then your window of being a good team is not that long. Why not see if you can actually get a piece that would help you immediately.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could. But he also might not. And if you are trading for David Johnson then your window of being a good team is not that long. Why not see if you can actually get a piece that would help you immediately.

How does trading for DJ shorten the winning window?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does trading for DJ shorten the winning window?

Simply because he is 26... if you trade for him(which he did) then you are playing for now... not the what if about tevin coleman being possibly signed by a team that can make him succeed...

to be taken by a team that would rather have coleman than a potential rookie back... Tevin coleman will also be 26 next year, why hope on an older back to get his first real opportunity??

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could add a first rounder with Mixon and Guice, I'd still keep DJ.