• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty Trade Advise

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Trade Scenarios in my Dynasty League:

1. Mike Minor + Joquin Benoit + 2nd Round Minor League Pick for Albert Almora + Max Fried + 1st Round Minor League Pick

or

2. Mike Minor + 2nd Round MiLB Pick for Alen Hanson + Oswaldo Arcia (Would be a last round pick this year) + 1st Round MiLB Pick

Which would you do?

Also I could always keep Minor who has been playing well and is 25 years old, but my thought is there is always pitching out there.

My current keepers:

Stanton, Ellsberry, Cespedes, Castro, J. Zimmerman and Either Minor/K. Seager/S. Perez (Bourn is a distant possibility)

My MiLB Squad looks like, but we roster 10:

Archie Bradley
Dylan Bundy
Travis d'Arnaud
Jake Odorizzi - Going to drop
Gary Sanchez
Jonathan Schoop - Might drop
Jorge Soler
George Springer

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really depends on your league... How does keepers in your league work, is it a draft where those players are kept where you drafted them last year?? is it just a keeper list and does not affect your draft picks??

If it does not affect your draft picks then i would say make the trade because i agree pitching can be gotten and you look strong at offense already...

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can keep 6 to 10 guys.

First 6 rounds of the drafts are all keepers. Next are 1 you keep a guy 2 you pass and get a compensation pick. 1st pass gets 1st compensation pick, 2nd gets 2nd and so on.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple questions :).....

How many teams?
And who can you realistically expect to get with that milb pick? Assuming 75-100 of top guys are gone, but 2013 draftees available? 2014 draftees? International guys? Or just leftover listed players?

I have Minor in a league where I'm building and have contemplated moving him similarly. I think he's pretty valuable though...and not sure the market has caught up to him...anyway, that's my first thought without knowing the answers to the above.
Thanks a lot :)

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a 12 team league.

Anyone drafted this year or signed after the last draft are people that are eligible. Like last year Puig and Solar were eligible since they were signed to join the minors. Although two years ago Darvish and Cespedes were not since they had played pro ball elsewhere and were an MLB signing.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd prefer to keep Minor then.
I like the Benoit part of it....for a Fried type or pick if you could.
Minor should get you more than an Almora type even with the pick upgrade.
I'm not sure Hanson or Arcia ever become solid keepers (though solid options maybe)
Fried's upside? Minor! And that's a best case scenario. Minor is currently a top 10 scoring SP...and he's young and in a great organization. I tend to agree, that maybe it's time to "cash in"... but the return should be overwhelming. ie Buxton! Maybe even you swing a Sano or Bogaerts (gotta think big when you've got the trade piece)
I do like Almora and Fried but not for Minor :)

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in our league is going to move a top 15 or 20 prospect is the issue.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand.
I just wouldn't trade a proven piece for a prospect with a lower ceiling than the guy I'm giving up is already performing at.
You've got some good minors, and with some good minors drafting, you won't miss a beat.
I agree with your minors drops too.

I'm guilty!! so often of doing that kind of deal, but I think you'd regret it. See if you can get a better offer for Minor...worth a shot, let league know he's 25, great org, etc...and see what happens.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand.
I just wouldn't trade a proven piece for a prospect with a lower ceiling than the guy I'm giving up is already performing at.
You've got some good minors, and with some good minors drafting, you won't miss a beat.

I'm guilty!! so often of doing that kind of deal, but I think you'd regret it. See if you can get a better offer for Minor...worth a shot, let league know he's 25, great org, etc...and see what happens.

:agree: I usually defer to philabuster on minor league dealings.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand.

I wouldn't do that either. Minor is definitely a top 6 player for you. I would only deal him if the return package blew you away.

Seager could be your 7th keeper, but there is no way I would keep Salvy Perez. I think the pick would net you a much better player.

Actually, if I were you, I might consider dealing Zimmermann and Bourne to a contender for some future assets, but Minor is the kind of player you need to build around.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor has already has innings/abs in the majors....and some successfull ones...what your trading for...who knows....if hitting is more valuable than pitching...maybe the Hanson deal with him being a MI...but he is still a bigger risk than Minor....you are taking more risk than whoever is trading with you, thats for sure..

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way you would keep Salvy Perez? your nuts...how many guys, at catcher, can you say will be the starter for the next 6 years? Salvy, at worst (barring injury), will get full time ab's...wheither he is a back up catcher or your starting catcher.....his value lies mainly in, he will be a lock for 6 years....you can't list over 10 catchers that are locks for the next 6 years.....and he will score as a top 10 catcher also, just because of the ABs.

Don't drop Salvy, you will regret it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Posey
2. Lucroy
3. Santana
4. Wieters
5. Rosario
6. Castro
7. Mesoraco
8. D'Arnaud
9. McCann
10. Gattis

11. Yadier (still only 31)
12. Mauer (30)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way you would keep Salvy Perez? your nuts...how many guys, at catcher, can you say will be the starter for the next 6 years? Salvy, at worst (barring injury), will get full time ab's...wheither he is a back up catcher or your starting catcher.....his value lies mainly in, he will be a lock for 6 years....you can't list over 10 catchers that are locks for the next 6 years.....and he will score as a top 10 catcher also, just because of the ABs.

Don't drop Salvy, you will regret it.

Really?

Salvy Perez, despite his every day ABs is the 19th ranked catcher in 5 category roto this year, yet you are suggesting that it would be crazy not to keep him for what amounts to a 7th round pick?

Whether or not you are sold on Salvy's long term potential, you can surely get him later than the 7th round in any format. He will go later than the 10th in 2 catcher leagues next year because of his lack of production this year.

Since the C position is deeper than ever, .272 with 5 HRs and limited run production does not carry the freight. Target Salvy late in your redraft if you are a believer, but he is not a keeper option in a format like this.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least look at Sal's fantasy points per game....he actually plays....don't make the mistake of going cumulative stats...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Posey - absolutely
2. Lucroy - hit worse than perez at perezs age will agree
3. Santana - absolutely as long as he keeps hitting HR's and Gomez doesn't take over C...
4. Wieters - struggled a ton early but agree
5. Rosario - absolutely...might even put him almost on Posey tier
6. Castro - yeah, take this guy over Perez...be my guest
7. Mesoraco - same current value
8. D'Arnaud - same current value
9. McCann - absolutely Gattis - so many possible outcomes...OF full time...will never be full time catcher for more than 1 year out of the next 6...so if an OF doesn't beat him out of a starting spot...he will get full time ABs...a gamble

11. Yadier (still only 31) - most likely Molinas play freakin a long time....lol
Mauer (30)
- ZERO chance he qualifies for C for next 6 years...

So that leaves 7 players that will positively be starting full time C for the next 6 years

Mesoraco/DArnaud/Castro/Perez.....throw in a hat and pull a name out....1 or 2 will make it as a top 10 catcher...1 will be 2nd 10 catcher and 1 will be a back up.

So again, Perez would fall any spot from 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least look at Sal's fantasy points per game....he actually plays....don't make the mistake of going cumulative stats...

I was a big Sally P. backer this year, but he's been very disappointing. That's not to say he won't get better, but he needs to bring more to the table than just a fairly passable average.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and maybe not in your format...but look at Salvy's work over the last 162 games...He has played and see what those numbers are...I thought you were talking a dynasty league....I play in two.....have Posey, Perez, Gomes (got off FA this season) in one, in a 12 team 58 player one .....and McCann, Perez, Grandal, G Sanchez, Bird, Vogt in the 50 player, 30 team one..

maybe the 30 team dynasty league is skewing my perspective on availability...no way Perez goes 7 rounds....because he wouldn't even be available for the draft.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the 30 team dynasty league is skewing my perspective on availability...no way Perez goes 7 rounds....because he wouldn't even be available for the draft.

Perez was drafted on average last year at 145 at MDC and 152 at CBS preseason
There is no possibility that he's increased his draft value this year. (he was the cool grab last year)
Add to that the nice returns from McCann and Lucroy and Salty, as well as the emergence of Mesoraco, D'Arnaud, Castro and his star is fading. You could convince me he'd crack the top 180 (30 teams x 6 keepers) but I'll take Minor (12th ranked SP) or Seagar (8th ranked 3B) over him (16th ranked C)
I'm not saying he isn't a great sneaky pick next year...he likely is, but don't waste a keeper pick on him, likely not even in a 30 teamer :)
I'm assuming dynamics quite different between 30 team 6 keeper league and a 12 team 15 keeper league, each with 180 spots gone....but I can't see how that would make Perez more enticing. I'd be just as concerned filling other shallow positions, wouldn't I? Meaning a guy like Seager becomes more important too. I plead ignorance not having been in a 30 team league....if someone can explain why he's more important, I'd, honestly, be grateful :)
At the end of the day, I think I'm waiting on catcher next year everywhere I can.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez was drafted on average last year at 145 at MDC and 152 at CBS preseason
There is no possibility that he's increased his draft value this year. (he was the cool grab last year)
Add to that the nice returns from McCann and Lucroy and Salty, as well as the emergence of Mesoraco, D'Arnaud, Castro and his star is fading. You could convince me he'd crack the top 180 (30 teams x 6 keepers) but I'll take Minor (12th ranked SP) or Seagar (8th ranked 3B) over him (16th ranked C)
I'm not saying he isn't a great sneaky pick next year...he likely is, but don't waste a keeper pick on him, likely not even in a 30 teamer :)
I'm assuming dynamics quite different between 30 team 6 keeper league and a 12 team 15 keeper league, each with 180 spots gone....but I can't see how that would make Perez more enticing. I'd be just as concerned filling other shallow positions, wouldn't I? Meaning a guy like Seager becomes more important too. I plead ignorance not having been in a 30 team league....if someone can explain why he's more important, I'd, honestly, be grateful :)
At the end of the day, I think I'm waiting on catcher next year everywhere I can.

Oh, hands down I would take Minor and Seager (either one) over him....didn't know that was the two players he was up against...my bad...completely my bad...do not keep Perez over those two players.