• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard a Laker

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a team that is at nearly double the cap is allowed to bring on even more. i agree with the opening poster they might as well shut down the league except for the Lakers and the cHeat's because the NBA has allowed them to spit on the rest of the league

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a team that is at nearly double the cap is allowed to bring on even more. i agree with the opening poster they might as well shut down the league except for the Lakers and the cHeat's because the NBA has allowed them to spit on the rest of the league

when the stiffer luxury cap rules kick in(next year or 2014 i think)......some of these teams will be dumping salary and players......but they could also just say fuck it and pay the way stiffer penalties(which we will have another lock out)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the stiffer luxury cap rules kick in(next year or 2014 i think)......some of these teams will be dumping salary and players......but they could also just say fuck it and pay the way stiffer penalties(which we will have another lock out)

so until then the rich get richer and the rest of the league suffers. it should not be allowed. at 50% over the cap a team needs to suffer more than just financial penalties. teams like the Lakers will just laugh at the penalties and continue to spit in the faces of the other teams. and the NBA will continue to allow it in spite of the so-called "parity salary cap"

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they still aren't beating the thunder.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so until then the rich get richer and the rest of the league suffers. it should not be allowed. at 50% over the cap a team needs to suffer more than just financial penalties. teams like the Lakers will just laugh at the penalties and continue to spit in the faces of the other teams. and the NBA will continue to allow it in spite of the so-called "parity salary cap"

Eventually they will. It is my understanding that when the new CBA is fully in place that teams over the cap will be restricted in who they can sign and trade for.

So the Lakers need to hurry and do this before their aging stars windows close.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At this point, I wouldn't want Howard on my team, regardless of how much talent he has. He's a cancer, a liar, and has zero problems stabbing anyone in the back at any given moment. I wouldn't doubt it if he has told the Magic that he would sandbag this entire season if he wasn't traded.

The man is an embarrassment to the sport.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this was all done w/o an extension agreement.... at least nothing i've read reported an agreed extension.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new CBA will KILL these teams. And it goes into effect next year.

For every dollar you pay over the cap, you are penalized TRIPLE that amount.

Basically the Lakers will be so far in the red the owner will have to dump salary.....because it won't be possible to come anywhere CLOSE to making a profit or even breaking even.

There will be a lot of player movement, because teams can't afford to overpay for players or stockpile talent.

The Lakers are screwed because they can't afford the roster they already have, won't win a title, and still have to pay the luxury tax. And trades have to match salaries, they don't have any picks or expiring contracts to offer.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I wouldn't want Howard on my team, regardless of how much talent he has. He's a cancer, a liar, and has zero problems stabbing anyone in the back at any given moment. I wouldn't doubt it if he has told the Magic that he would sandbag this entire season if he wasn't traded.

The man is an embarrassment to the sport.

Remember when he was drafted and said he wanted to bring more of a religious (Christianity) influence to the Magic? :angel:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new CBA will KILL these teams. And it goes into effect next year.

For every dollar you pay over the cap, you are penalized TRIPLE that amount.

Basically the Lakers will be so far in the red the owner will have to dump salary.....because it won't be possible to come anywhere CLOSE to making a profit or even breaking even.

There will be a lot of player movement, because teams can't afford to overpay for players or stockpile talent.

The Lakers are screwed because they can't afford the roster they already have, won't win a title, and still have to pay the luxury tax. And trades have to match salaries, they don't have any picks or expiring contracts to offer.

You're kidding right? There will be plenty of teams inquiring about Gasol at the end of the year. The Lakers always find a way to screw everyone over. They always have & always will.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding right? There will be plenty of teams inquiring about Gasol at the end of the year. The Lakers always find a way to screw everyone over. They always have & always will.

Wrong again. Do you know how much Gasol is owed on his contract?

There will be a very SMALL market for players with huge contracts that don't expire. The Lakers are screwed because they'll be paying nearly 300 million in luxury tax.......they have to dump a LOT of money. Very few are going to take that debt on with no guarantee of a title.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. Do you know how much Gasol is owed on his contract?

There will be a very SMALL market for players with huge contracts that don't expire. The Lakers are screwed because they'll be paying nearly 300 million in luxury tax.......they have to dump a LOT of money. Very few are going to take that debt on with no guarantee of a title.

He only has 2 years left on his deal.

It really doesn't matter. You obviously don't know the history of the Lakers. They always find a way. Everybody thought Howard was going to Brooklyn. The Lakers won in the end. That's just the way the NBA works. In fact if the League didn't own the Hornets at the time CP3 would be a Laker too.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has 2 years left on his deal.

It really doesn't matter. You obviously don't know the history of the Lakers. They always find a way. Everybody thought Howard was going to Brooklyn. The Lakers won in the end. That's just the way the NBA works. In fact if the League didn't own the Hornets at the time CP3 would be a Laker too.

Define "everybody" because nobody I know including myself EVER thought he was going to Brooklyn. They never had a package that I could see any GM wanting.

You just can't seem to grasp that MONEY is what matters to the Laker owners, not players. If you are paying 300 million in luxury taxes alone, I GUARANTEE you there will be mass changes. NO OWNER IN THE LEAGUE is going to pay that out of his profits.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because you're clearly smarter about the luxury tax implications than Mitch Kupchak and the Buss family. They made this trade without knowing risk. Boy are they gonna be embarrassed when they figure that out.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "everybody" because nobody I know including myself EVER thought he was going to Brooklyn. They never had a package that I could see any GM wanting.

You just can't seem to grasp that MONEY is what matters to the Laker owners, not players. If you are paying 300 million in luxury taxes alone, I GUARANTEE you there will be mass changes. NO OWNER IN THE LEAGUE is going to pay that out of his profits.

LOL!!

The Nets & Rockets both offered better deals than the one Orlando ended up agreeing too. The Magic are going to be battling Charlotte for worst team in the league honors. The best player the Magic got in the deal is Aaron Afflalo. This trade is comical. The Magic GM got taken to school. For the Magic's sake he better have learned something from it. Like never answer the phone if Kupchak is on the other line.