• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Donald Sterling sues NBA,wife,Adam Silver and LAC basketball club for damages

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald Sterling filed a suit in Superior Court on Tuesday afternoon seeking damages from the NBA, commissioner Adam Silver and his wife Shelly Sterling, alleging they defrauded him and violated corporate law in attempting to sell the franchise to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Sterling asked for an injunction to freeze the $2 billion sale, arguing that his wife had no authority to sell the franchise because he is the sole owner and shareholder of the corporation which owns the Clippers, after he revoked the Sterling Family Trust on June 9.

"The new lawsuit states the seller of the team is not Donald, and it's not Shelly -- the seller of the team is the corporation that owns the team, and that's LAC Basketball Club Inc.," Donald Sterling's attorney, Bobby Samini, said Tuesday. "When Donald bought the team, the shares of the corporation are only in Donald's name. They were only issued to Donald, so Donald owns the shares of the corporation. He's the sole shareholder. He put the shares up into the trust in 1989, and when we revoked the trust, the shares go back down to him."

Source: ESPN LA

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen this coming millions of miles away. The ugliness of this mess is just getting started.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been reported out here that the point of these current suits is to delay the sale of the team past the August 15th deadline. He already caused them to miss the first deadline.

Once that happens, the NBA will likely move forward with officially voting him out. At that point he can get what it appears that he really wants, to fight the NBA in court.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 billion dollars?

Guy has a point to make I spose because cash aint his problem. Funny to hear the wife is on the back burner now, bet that one stung her when Donnie revoked the family trust.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a senile pos. But figured this would happen.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!! make the owners vote

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it, absolutely love it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.

First nobody gives a shit that some Asian whore secretly spied on the old bastard. Then they slander the shit out of him by calling him mentally incompetent. BUT apparently competent enough to still be held accountable for the shit he says.

This dude is a hero. Stand up to bullies and especially the cowards who stand beside them. Gang mentality is for pussies.

If everyone reading this had their private convos displayed in public, none of us would have jobs. Especially the posters here who hang out with Asian whores. You know who you are, Smitty.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he goes full Al Davis and gets millions in court.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, some of you guys here are pathetic.

He's a racist POS who deserves all that's coming to him. He's already lost the suits he brought before this.....and he'll lose this one too.

NO, he's not a hero.....he's a POS. He's gotten away with housing discrimination, he's refused to pay his employees including coaches, he's defrauded players out of money he owed them.

This crap here is just the tip of a very LARGE iceberg. I hope he loses in court, and as they close the books on him, he dies. Die knowing you are a loser and won't get to see a penny of that billion dollars Balmer is paying for the team.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, some of you guys here are pathetic.

He's a racist POS who deserves all that's coming to him. He's already lost the suits he brought before this.....and he'll lose this one too.

NO, he's not a hero.....he's a POS. He's gotten away with housing discrimination, he's refused to pay his employees including coaches, he's defrauded players out of money he owed them.

This crap here is just the tip of a very LARGE iceberg. I hope he loses in court, and as they close the books on him, he dies. Die knowing you are a loser and won't get to see a penny of that billion dollars Balmer is paying for the team.

You are correct on pretty much all of this but the reason I hope he wins is the hypocrisy of all the owners and the commissioners knowing exactly what they were dealing with to begin with. And the Clippers aren't worth 1 billion much less 2.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct on pretty much all of this but the reason I hope he wins is the hypocrisy of all the owners and the commissioners knowing exactly what they were dealing with to begin with. And the Clippers aren't worth 1 billion much less 2.

The truth is no matter what happens NOBODY wins here. This entire situation is FUBAR

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is no matter what happens NOBODY wins here. This entire situation is FUBAR

I don't get how they can take a guys business away for being a bigot? That's un-American. Stupid people own all sorts of businesses and they aren't losing them.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron bought cupcakes for his neighbors in Akron today to make up for the SportsHoopla and crowds in his neighborhood that have made it tough for the neighbors. Classy move.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how they can take a guys business away for being a bigot? That's un-American. Stupid people own all sorts of businesses and they aren't losing them.

Exactly, it's just part of this stupid politically correct society we live in. Nothing equal about it either, if he had not been white and said literally anything about any other race he would not be in this situation.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, it's just part of this stupid politically correct society we live in. Nothing equal about it either, if he had not been white and said literally anything about any other race he would not be in this situation.

They're not taking his franchise because he's a bigot.

They're taking it because he's damaging the league and costing them money, which is well within their rights.

If he had been the CEO of your company, the board would have voted him out in under 5 minutes when this story broke.

I really don't see how or why people can't seem to grasp this. This is a BUSINESS move for the league, don't get it twisted.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had ample reasons before, I hope he keeps this stirred up for years.