• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don Mattingly's lineups

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thread for everyone to bitch about Jimmy Rollins batting 2nd.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*bitches about Jimmy Rollins hitting 2nd*

the rest of the lineup is fine.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Rollins batting second ever end?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Bitches about Scott Van Slyke batting 8th.*

Stats have shown that lineups don't really matter that much anyways. Not over a season-long sample size.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I do think we miss Puig.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I do think we miss Puig.
Short term, we did not miss Puig. But the long term has certainly proven otherwise. And of course you're going to miss a player like Puig over the long term. What should have been a 15 day stint (enough time for guys to get hot and fill the void) has turned into much too long without our second best hitter.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still gotta be proud of what Ethier has done in the meantime.

Let's bitch about Mattingly bunting too often.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still gotta be proud of what Ethier has done in the meantime.

Let's bitch about Mattingly bunting too often.
Well, when Puig comes back Ethier goes to left and SVS back to the bench. The last couple of weeks for SVS have not been good. Yesterday was a total dumpster fire. Ethier has been solid.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when Puig comes back Ethier goes to left and SVS back to the bench. The last couple of weeks for SVS have not been good. Yesterday was a total dumpster fire. Ethier has been solid.

I agree, Ethier has been solid all year, has even hit lefties better than SVS, SVS has been a solid spot starter and pinch hitter, maybe that is role, and he is not cut out to be an everyday player. But again he could be fine, players go through droughts, this is his!
Guerrero seems to be doing a lot better off the bench also, it's nice to finally have someone that can come off the bench and produce some power. I think I would continue to just give him some spot starts, although our whole bench has been the best it has been in years!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Ethier has been solid all year, has even hit lefties better than SVS, SVS has been a solid spot starter and pinch hitter, maybe that is role, and he is not cut out to be an everyday player. But again he could be fine, players go through droughts, this is his!
Guerrero seems to be doing a lot better off the bench also, it's nice to finally have someone that can come off the bench and produce some power. I think I would continue to just give him some spot starts, although our whole bench has been the best it has been in years!

This sounds about right.... Crawford will start when he returns and it does not hurt that he is a switch hitter and probably moves into the 2 spot moving Rollins down to the 8 spot. So SVS is relegated to the bench. I don't know if SVS is cut out to be any everyday player or not. I like the guy - honestly, Crawford seems to always be hurt. Considering his contract, I prefer to dump Crawford before SVS or Ether.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong. Scotty has been in a slump and it's not pretty. Van Slyke is best suited to be a platoon partner.

Trade Ethier. Platoon SVS with Scott Schebler. Every day a Scott.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong. Scotty has been in a slump and it's not pretty. Van Slyke is best suited to be a platoon partner.

Trade Ethier. Platoon SVS with Scott Schebler. Every day a Scott.

I'd rather see Crawford traded, Ethier is playing like he's trying to prove he should be playing everyday!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is more expensive, so harder to move. That's why everyone points to Ethier. Ethier would get more in return.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is more expensive, so harder to move. That's why everyone points to Ethier. Ethier would get more in return.
This is actually wrong. They both will get diddly shit in return. Crawford is probably the better overrall player (if both are healthy), but Ethier has a smaller contract (God damn, that Crawford contract is a joke) so he'll be easier to move.

Make no mistake, any trade involving Crawford or Ethier will not be about the players coming back to the Dodgers. It'll be about clearing a roster spot and salary.

Money is not an issue for the Dodgers, so the Front Office doesn't mind keeping an overpriced Crawford if he is the better player than an overpriced Ethier.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually wrong. They both will get diddly shit in return. Crawford is probably the better overrall player (if both are healthy), but Ethier has a smaller contract (God damn, that Crawford contract is a joke) so he'll be easier to move.

Make no mistake, any trade involving Crawford or Ethier will not be about the players coming back to the Dodgers. It'll be about clearing a roster spot and salary.

Money is not an issue for the Dodgers, so the Front Office doesn't mind keeping an overpriced Crawford if he is the better player than an overpriced Ethier.
Yup.