• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Dodgers Vs Douchbags Apr 11-13, 2014

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right, because they are a huge liability right now. I see the potential for them to settle in, they are definitely weaker than the rotation right now.

No team has a bullpen ERA of 0.00

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team has a bullpen ERA of 0.00

Not really sure what you are getting at. Did I ever say that the bullpen's ERA should be anywhere near 0.00?

All I said is that the bullpen is definitely weaker than the rotation right now, which is true. Starting rotation ERA = 3.13, Bullpen ERA = 3.52.

My problem with the bullpen is that they are too inconsistent. Look at the last game in Australia. We won, so it doesn't show in our record, but the bullpen gave up all 5 runs in the last two innings. The very next game, we were up 1-0 to the Padres, and gave up 3 runs in the 8th to lose. The bullpen blew another save against Detroit, last week. Finally, the bullpen gave up 4 runs on Saturday, and 3 runs on Sunday. So there are 5 games (out of 13 so far), that the bullpen has either cost us, or turned a monster lead into a slim lead. The bullpen is essentially counting on the offense to put up 6-8 runs per game, because they are going to give them 3-5 runs back. We can't have that happen in more than 1/3 of our games so far. That makes them a liability, right now.

It's early. And like I said, there is certainly potential that they will settle in. It's not cause to freak out. But like I said, they are definitely weaker than the starters. Jansen has given up 3 ERs on 10 hits with 3 BBs, in 7 IP so far. That's unlike him, so I hope he settles in. I like him to do so. League has also given up 3 ER on 4 hits and 3 BBs, in just 4.2 IP. I really hope we figure out early if he is going to cut it or not. So I see that getting figured out sooner rather than later. Jose Dominguez has given up 4 ERs in 3 IP, so I also look for that to be figured out soon. And that is 10 of the bullpen's 18 ERs so far this season, out of 14.2 IP. I see that those issues getting resolved will help to chip away at the bullpen's ERA. But like I said, right now, those numbers are too high.

I like Withrow, Howell, and Perez, though. Paco needs to needs to settle down, but he's not that far off, and I like Jensen to recover. So we're not far off. But we sure can't count on the offense going out and getting 6-8 runs per game, and saving the bullpen if they come in and give up 3-4 runs. That's just unacceptable.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Dodgers' RP I have a concern about is League. I'm hoping the Dodgers will bite the bullet and DFA him when Wilson comes off the DL and not send Withrow or Rodriguez down.