• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rockies Vs Dodgers Apr 25-27, 2014

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5i1eqlvazhlm5ejgydefg84dt.gif

Vs.
kxaefkt602vebvkegh9s99neu.gif

@
dodger1.jpg

LOCAL COVERAGE TWC SN LA/LOCAL RADIO AM 570

PREVIEW:Colorado Rockies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers - Preview - April 25, 2014 - ESPN Los Angeles

Fri: 7:10pm PT- Jordan Lyles (3-0 ERA 3.04) Vs Josh Beckett (0-0 ERA 2.57)

Sat: 6:10pm PT- Juan Nicasio (2-0 ERA 4.307) Vs Paul Maholm (0-2 ERA 5.60)

Sun: 1:10pm PT- Jorge De La Rosa (1-3 ERA 06.38) Vs Hyun-Jin-Ryu (3-1 ERA 2.12)

Go Dodgers!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to win tonight since Maholm sucks on Saturday.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is really disappointing. :L

This team is a 235 million dollar joke to date. But most think it's ok to underachiever and underperform in April as I guess a loss in April counts less than in August?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is a 235 million dollar joke to date. But most think it's ok to underachiever and underperform in April as I guess a loss in April counts less than in August?

I don't think a loss counts more or less in April or August, but I do think that an August record is a better indicator than a record in April.

For the most part, I agree with what you are saying. But you are a little fatalistic. Nothing is pre-determined. History provides a whole list of teams who start pretty weak, and then end up winning it. And I'll agree, I don't like LA's start, despite the record. I see some very real red flags (especially in the bullpen). The errors certainly need to change, and the offense slumps at times, but there are also some very good things about this team. I see LA with far and away having the best rotation, when Kershaw gets back. If we can limit the amount of innings that we are depending on, in the bullpen, then we can taper it down a little, and improve the quality. And because we still have some SPs past the rotation, we might either put them in the pen, or trade for a reliever. Errors suck, and are a legacy from last year, but defense got better as the season progressed, and I see the same for this year.

Bottom line is that baseball is chalked full with teams who put it together in October, and won. The teams with the best record, don't necessarily win, and the Wildcards have rings. So I don't see it as realistic to doom the team in April. Again, I agree with the shortcomings of the team, but obviously there is a ton of baseball left. I think that the culture of the team could be better, but it could also be a whole lot worse. Vin has even commented that the dugout is as happy as he's ever seen it. And there's something to that. I don't think that getting to game 7 of the NLCS is anything to shake a stick at. You can pick it apart all day; obviously it's not the WS, let alone winning the WS. But it's not a bad place to be after so much recent movement in the organization.

The best thing the Dodgers can do is put themselves in a position to win a ring. They have 162 games to do it. I highly doubt that any team starts the season in playoff form, and sustains it all the way to a WS. From the decades of baseball I've seen, it's always been the teams that can overcome the best, are the ones who win.

I'd let the season play out before I make the claims that this year is no different than the last 25.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it Dodgers, I know it's early, but come on wake up guys, geese. :gaah:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a loss counts more or less in April or August, but I do think that an August record is a better indicator than a record in April.

For the most part, I agree with what you are saying. But you are a little fatalistic. Nothing is pre-determined. History provides a whole list of teams who start pretty weak, and then end up winning it. And I'll agree, I don't like LA's start, despite the record. I see some very real red flags (especially in the bullpen). The errors certainly need to change, and the offense slumps at times, but there are also some very good things about this team. I see LA with far and away having the best rotation, when Kershaw gets back. If we can limit the amount of innings that we are depending on, in the bullpen, then we can taper it down a little, and improve the quality. And because we still have some SPs past the rotation, we might either put them in the pen, or trade for a reliever. Errors suck, and are a legacy from last year, but defense got better as the season progressed, and I see the same for this year.

Bottom line is that baseball is chalked full with teams who put it together in October, and won. The teams with the best record, don't necessarily win, and the Wildcards have rings. So I don't see it as realistic to doom the team in April. Again, I agree with the shortcomings of the team, but obviously there is a ton of baseball left. I think that the culture of the team could be better, but it could also be a whole lot worse. Vin has even commented that the dugout is as happy as he's ever seen it. And there's something to that. I don't think that getting to game 7 of the NLCS is anything to shake a stick at. You can pick it apart all day; obviously it's not the WS, let alone winning the WS. But it's not a bad place to be after so much recent movement in the organization.

The best thing the Dodgers can do is put themselves in a position to win a ring. They have 162 games to do it. I highly doubt that any team starts the season in playoff form, and sustains it all the way to a WS. From the decades of baseball I've seen, it's always been the teams that can overcome the best, are the ones who win.

I'd let the season play out before I make the claims that this year is no different than the last 25.

Well said…. I wrote about the eroding culture in my "April" thread. I do think management culture breeds winners (see Boston, SF).