• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers To Sign Alexander Guerrero

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice deal

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same deal he had agreed to before... perfect.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deal for the Dodgers, man they love these foreign prospects. Hopefully this pays off for them like the others did.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers (finally) sign Cuban infielder Alexander Guerrero | HardballTalk

WELCOME TO THE DODGERS!
Much better deal then getting Cano...finally we got our 2nd baseman with power :10:
[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpnTQPgxrYc"]Alexander Guerrero Perez Pelotero Cubano Shortstop - YouTube[/ame]

I'm already loving this line up WOW :10: this is going to piss off everybody in the NL West :laugh3:

LF Crawford
RF Puig
SS Hanley
1B AGon
CF Kemp/Ethier
2B Guerrero
3B Uribe (If he comesback )
C AJ Ellis

Now Lets get's get another 4th Starter pitcher & some bullpen help & a little more depth on our bench but most of all stay healthy fellows :nod:

2014 Go Dodgers :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like a great signing. Let's hope he plays up to all the hype.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Same amount of money (if he reaches incentives) and less years. So he makes more money per year.

Yep, previous deal was for 5 years. This cuts it to 4 with incentive potential to get the same $32M.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deal for the Dodgers, man they love these foreign prospects. Hopefully this pays off for them like the others did.

in his fInal season in Cuba in 2011-12, Alex Guerrero batted .290 with 21 HR and 51 RBI in 80 games, including a .402 OBP and a .576 SLG.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is true we're looking at acquiring Price from the Marlins?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is with the Rays. The media thinks the Dodgers will go after Price. It's one of many rumors floating around this time of year.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is true we're looking at acquiring Price from the Marlins?

No, but only because the Marlins don't have a guy named Price to my knowledge. :yahoo:
Price is with the Rays. The media thinks the Dodgers will go after Price. It's one of many rumors floating around this time of year.

Yeah, they'll be connected the whole way. I hope it doesn't happen - that's not to say that I don't want the Dodgers to add him (because I would absolutely love that), but because he's going to basically cost all of the Dodgers' top prospects.

Probably looking at something crazy like Zach Lee, Corey Seager, Joc Pederson, aaaannnd Julio Urias.

No thanks.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but only because the Marlins don't have a guy named Price to my knowledge. :yahoo:

Yeah, they'll be connected the whole way. I hope it doesn't happen - that's not to say that I don't want the Dodgers to add him (because I would absolutely love that), but because he's going to basically cost all of the Dodgers' top prospects.

Probably looking at something crazy like Zach Lee, Corey Seager, Joc Pederson, aaaannnd Julio Urias.

No thanks.

I agree 100%, the Rays would be ripping us off for a 1 year rental. The Rays want a ransom for Price and they will get it....just not from us...hopefully. Lets just sign Tanaka and be done with it.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, the Rays would be ripping us off for a 1 year rental. The Rays want a ransom for Price and they will get it....just not from us...hopefully.

Yeah if you can get Wil Myers, Odorizzi, and co. from Kansas City for a lesser pitcher in James Shields (granted, he has more year of team control so there is some value there), imagining what they'll want for a Cy Young award winner and one of the best lefties in the game is pretty scary to think about.

Lets just sign Tanaka and be done with it.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I didn't think the Dodgers would be this interested in him, but if he's only going to cost money and the team gets to hold on to prospects, then I'm for it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you can get Wil Myers, Odorizzi, and co. from Kansas City for a lesser pitcher in James Shields (granted, he has more year of team control so there is some value there), imagining what they'll want for a Cy Young award winner and one of the best lefties in the game is pretty scary to think about.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I didn't think the Dodgers would be this interested in him, but if he's only going to cost money and the team gets to hold on to prospects, then I'm for it.

What type of contract does Tanaka want? I am all for holding on to our prospects as well. The fact that Urias and Seager would be involved is insane from our standpoint. The farm has to be rebuilt. I think the Yankees will run up the bidding though on Tanaka I honestly believe Tanaka would give us the best staff in baseball and would give us a great shot at winning the World Series.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What type of contract does Tanaka want? I am all for holding on to our prospects as well. The fact that Urias and Seager would be involved is insane from our standpoint. The farm has to be rebuilt. I think the Yankees will run up the bidding though on Tanaka I honestly believe Tanaka would give us the best staff in baseball and would give us a great shot at winning the World Series.

I don't expect Tanaka to come for anything less than what Yu Darvish got. He's going to cost a fortune, but if the team can afford it, why not?

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First we need to make a run at Tanaka. Yes he will be expensive but he would be worth having for years to come around Kershaw, Puig, etc.. If that fails then we should look into trading for David Price or Max Scherzer

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you trade for Max Scherzer immediately after the best year of his career, you're going to have a bad time.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you trade for Max Scherzer immediately after the best year of his career, you're going to have a bad time.

Thats just an idea im throwing around. Im not saying we actually do it and I would honestly prefer Price, but Scherzer has nasty stuff and Detroit wont be able to pay him soon.