• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Dodgers @ Giants

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hope:

Last edited by a moderator:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have the big three going. I had amazing seats for the last game Ryu pitched there in May (or was it April?). He was so sharp. Good news is the Giants are playing today, short turnaround for them.

This next week is big for the Dodgers. I do not believe in the logic that if Haren/Beckett continue to shit the bed that we should trade our young talent for a rental. To me you are just compounding the issue. You probably overpaid for Haren. You are certainly overpaying for Beckett. So if they do not perform, continue to overpay for them, then overpay for a rental and trade away your youth while you are being fiscally irresponsible - youth that will be much cheaper and afford you to make better financial moves in the coming years.

So, from a business standpoint, we will see what chops the brass has or if they are still shortsighted.

Furthermore, you do not add an expensive rental because you need help. You usually add a rental to put you over the top and assure your shot at a title. The Dodgers are playing with the type of conviction that leads one to believe they cannot go deep. Their bats are erratic. The bullpen is a total shit show. While improved, the defense only plays well when weak hitting substitutes are in. And the manager still makes questionable moves (maybe his hand is forced a bit because the 'pen is so fucking atrocious).

I hope, I really hope we move a contract or two in the coming week. In return for a Kemp, Ethier, Beckett, Hanley get some youth and retool this team with solid financial resources and some youth. Plug holes with guys who know their role, not superstars that do what they want and risk affecting the teams' overall goals.

The one certainty we know: The Dodgers are overpaying a majority of this roster. So stop the bleeding and overpay young, potential talent with an upside. Not an injury prone mediocre fielding shortstop that plays when he feels like it or a quickly aging first baseman or an outfielder that thinks he should be in center but is a shell of his former self and should be batting second or seventh.

Last edited by a moderator:

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge series, need 2/3 minimum

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vin is still going to San Fran, right?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny is in san fran, and puig is a monster lately.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the big three going. I had amazing seats for the last game Ryu pitched there in May (or was it April?). He was so sharp. Good news is the Giants are playing today, short turnaround for them.

This next week is big for the Dodgers. I do not believe in the logic that if Haren/Beckett continue to shit the bed that we should trade our young talent for a rental. To me you are just compounding the issue. You probably overpaid for Haren. You are certainly overpaying for Beckett. So if they do not perform, continue to overpay for them, then overpay for a rental and trade away your youth while you are being fiscally irresponsible - youth that will be much cheaper and afford you to make better financial moves in the coming years.

So, from a business standpoint, we will see what chops the brass has or if they are still shortsighted.

Furthermore, you do not add an expensive rental because you need help. You usually add a rental to put you over the top and assure your shot at a title. The Dodgers are playing with the type of conviction that leads one to believe they cannot go deep. Their bats are erratic. The bullpen is a total shit show. While improved, the defense only plays well when weak hitting substitutes are in. And the manager still makes questionable moves (maybe his hand is forced a bit because the 'pen is so fucking atrocious).

I hope, I really hope we move a contract or two in the coming week. In return for a Kemp, Ethier, Beckett, Hanley get some youth and retool this team with solid financial resources and some youth. Plug holes with guys who know their role, not superstars that do what they want and risk affecting the teams' overall goals.

The one certainty we know: The Dodgers are overpaying a majority of this roster. So stop the bleeding and overpay young, potential talent with an upside. Not an injury prone mediocre fielding shortstop that plays when he feels like it or a quickly aging first baseman or an outfielder that thinks he should be in center but is a shell of his former self and should be batting second or seventh.

I usually dont care about the salaries but the prices of tickets tend to go up when they do get big names or big contracts. Even if they trade Matt i doubt they go down anyway. I dont care if we get a pitcher or hitter, both preferably. I like matt and i think they should trade andre personally. Or crawford preferably.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win tonight... Guys worked the count, let Timmah! be wild and then pounced. Some of the best hitting I've seen all year.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dodgers last night were at there best. Hopefully they can do this consistent into the playoffs.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great series win, what a one two punch in Grienke and Kershaw. Guck the Fiants!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great series win, what a one two punch in Grienke and Kershaw. Guck the Fiants!

Kershaw has made 15 consecutive quality starts against the Giants, the most by a pitcher since Bob Gibson had 16 straight between 1968-72.

:suds:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw has made 15 consecutive quality starts against the Giants, the most by a pitcher since Bob Gibson had 16 straight between 1968-72.

:suds:

When you do that, you are in the Pantheon of all time great Dodgers, like Koufax territory. What a gamer Kershaw is.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig was really hustling down the line just then wasn't he? :rolleyes2:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Poser catches routine popup in 1st inning.

Giants fans celebrate wildly.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 pitches a foot outside get called balls.

Peavy, Giants dugout and fans flip the fuck out. :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inning-ending GIDP coming from Uribe, followed by Game 7 celebration from Giants fans.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup Hammer? :noidea:

I'm looking for Ryu to go deep tonight!!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mike. :suds: WTF was that swing from Uribe? :L Did he really have no idea a slider out of the zone was coming there???

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take the good with the bad with Juan sometimes...:gaah: