• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctor, Come In... There's a Pulse.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey and Fisher are back in practice. DAT and Allen are not in practice. Big news is Grubbs has been IR'd; Munyer replaces him for now to be C depth behind Fulton.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soo...

keeping the good times rolling. STILL in the lead for that 1st wild card spot. let's see what happens the rest of the way...

3 of our final 4 at home. gonna get interesting...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most improved offenses

1. Kansas City Chiefs (+22)
Games 1-6 rank:
27th
Games 7-12 rank: 5th

The Chiefs were supposed to be finished once they lost running back Jamaal Charles to a season-ending knee injury in their fifth game. Instead, they have transitioned into one of the NFL's best teams. Alex Smith ranked 32nd out of 33 qualifying quarterbacks in Total QBR through six games. He trails only Carson Palmer over the past six games, tossing eight touchdown passes without an interception. Receiver Jeremy Maclin has seen his production spike of late, but the Chiefs are 2-2 when he reaches 100 yards receiving. Kansas City has the look of a team that started slowly, stayed the course under a strong head coach and improved as the season progressed.

Sando: Most improved offenses and defenses

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another win(though very sloppy) for the Chiefs. 7 in a row! and screw you to the Bolts for all the grey hairs they gave me...:lol:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another win(though very sloppy) for the Chiefs. 7 in a row! and screw you to the Bolts for all the grey hairs they gave me...:lol:
Team can't commit a bunch of dumb penalties and score; got lucky vs a really bad Chargers team at home. It's still a W at least.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw the handshakes at the end of the game when the cameras went down to the field level and it was foggy as hell. I don't know if that was a coincidence (as in the clouds coming down right after the game ended) or if they had wind blowing out the fog during the game and they stopped after the game, but if that's what they were playing with, props to the quarterbacks and receivers for even getting to locate receivers and footballs.

Edit: Nevermind, my friend said it must have been smoke from the fireworks. Still, props for winning in the rain and slop.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thanks again, Peters for saving our bacon...

STILL like this kid better than Smith...
Sean Smith standing there on the hail mary before and after the catch just about made me have an aneurysm. That's just absurd. We're definitely letting him go in FA to keep some other more valuable/cost effective players.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Manziel wasn't starting over whoever they had been, as his scrambling worries me a little bit. As for Sean Smith, I agree he definately needs to be gone, I'm tired of watching him, watching the ball or not turning around. Though it's way early, looking ahead to the draft I really like the WR Thomas out of Ohio St. or maybe Cravens.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another board:

You may have seen the ESPN PlayOff Machine - a nice tool to verify my projections.

The week 15 results helped clarify the play-off picture quite a bit - but blurred the AFC West situation even more. I'm not sure I'm happy with PIT winning over DEN. Had DEN won the Chiefs had a chance to nail down the play-off berth next week. Now it's an open issue until week 17.

That said:

If the Chiefs go 2-0 (11-5 total):

There's noone there to catch them:

Worst case is that both PIT and NYJ tie them at 11-5. But the Chiefs have the best in-conference result of the three, thus would take the #5 seed. The head-to-head tiebreaker is not applicable because the Chiefs did not play the NYJ.

One less likely scenario may involve CIN: If CIN loses the final two games and PIT wins out, PIT takes the division. The Chiefs would lose against CIN on head-to-head games, but the NYJ would still lose on tiebreakers. Thus the Chiefs are in the playoffs in that case as well.

If the Chiefs go 1-1 (10-6 total):

Both PIT and NYJ could go 11-5 if they win out. In that case the Chiefs are out. So they need at least one of the two to lose a game.

If the Chiefs go 0-2 (9-7 total):

They need at least one of PIT and NYJ to go 0-2 as well - otherwise those two take the WC spots on win percentage.

No other teams is to be considered here, as HOU will win the division if they go 9-7.

Bottom line: If the Chiefs win out, they are in, if they lose one or two games either PIT or NYJ needs to do just the same.

So what's about winning the division:

If the Chiefs go 2-0 and the Broncos 0-2, the Chiefs have it.
If the Chiefs go 0-2 or the Broncos go 2-0, the Broncos have it.
So the only results to have a closer look at are: Chiefs go 2-0, Broncos go 1-1 and Chiefs go 1-1, Broncos go 0-2.

Chiefs 2-0, Broncos 1-1. Both teams 11-5:

1. Head-to-Head: tie
2. In-division games: Chiefs: 5-1, Broncos (best case, W against SD): 4-2. Chiefs win

Chiefs 1-1, Broncos 0-2. Both teams 10-6:

2. In-division games: Chiefs (worst case, L against OAK): 4-2, Broncos: 3-3. Chiefs win

Bottom line: If the teams tie for the division lead, the Chiefs will win on tie-breakers.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another board:

You may have seen the ESPN PlayOff Machine - a nice tool to verify my projections.

The week 15 results helped clarify the play-off picture quite a bit - but blurred the AFC West situation even more. I'm not sure I'm happy with PIT winning over DEN. Had DEN won the Chiefs had a chance to nail down the play-off berth next week. Now it's an open issue until week 17.

That said:

If the Chiefs go 2-0 (11-5 total):

There's noone there to catch them:

Worst case is that both PIT and NYJ tie them at 11-5. But the Chiefs have the best in-conference result of the three, thus would take the #5 seed. The head-to-head tiebreaker is not applicable because the Chiefs did not play the NYJ.

One less likely scenario may involve CIN: If CIN loses the final two games and PIT wins out, PIT takes the division. The Chiefs would lose against CIN on head-to-head games, but the NYJ would still lose on tiebreakers. Thus the Chiefs are in the playoffs in that case as well.

If the Chiefs go 1-1 (10-6 total):

Both PIT and NYJ could go 11-5 if they win out. In that case the Chiefs are out. So they need at least one of the two to lose a game.

If the Chiefs go 0-2 (9-7 total):

They need at least one of PIT and NYJ to go 0-2 as well - otherwise those two take the WC spots on win percentage.

No other teams is to be considered here, as HOU will win the division if they go 9-7.

Bottom line: If the Chiefs win out, they are in, if they lose one or two games either PIT or NYJ needs to do just the same.

So what's about winning the division:

If the Chiefs go 2-0 and the Broncos 0-2, the Chiefs have it.
If the Chiefs go 0-2 or the Broncos go 2-0, the Broncos have it.
So the only results to have a closer look at are: Chiefs go 2-0, Broncos go 1-1 and Chiefs go 1-1, Broncos go 0-2.

Chiefs 2-0, Broncos 1-1. Both teams 11-5:

2. In-division games: Chiefs: 5-1, Broncos (best case, W against SD): 4-2. Chiefs win

Chiefs 1-1, Broncos 0-2. Both teams 10-6:

2. In-division games: Chiefs (worst case, L against OAK): 4-2, Broncos: 3-3. Chiefs win

Bottom line: If the teams tie for the division lead, the Chiefs will win on tie-breakers.

so it all boils down to one very basic thing. win and you're in. my only true concern is now that the Chiefs are riding this 8 game hot streak they let any pressure under their dome-pieces and blow one or both of these last 2 very winnable games...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting the Browns parade up and down with the football nearly the entire 2nd half is a bold strategy, cotton. Manziel was downright Tebowesque passing today, but his scrambling seemed hellbent to make it a Browns victory.

Weaknesses for the Chiefs D: Still mobile QB's and legitimate read option threats.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it all boils down to one very basic thing. win and you're in. my only true concern is now that the Chiefs are riding this 8 game hot streak they let any pressure under their dome-pieces and blow one or both of these last 2 very winnable games...

and win they do...but just to give me MORE grey hairs they make key mistakes and make this a nail-biter. ah well, playoff for the Chiefs...:suds:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting the Browns parade up and down with the football nearly the entire 2nd half is a bold strategy, cotton. Manziel was downright Tebowesque passing today, but his scrambling seemed hellbent to make it a Browns victory.

Weaknesses for the Chiefs D: Still mobile QB's and legitimate read option threats.

oh no doubt. bad sign when they let Johnny Football run on 'em for about 100 yards. ah well, a win's a win, but i'm hoping that SOMEBODY can make some adjustments for that when the big games count...

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns exposed a pretty big weakness the Chiefs have in general with the QB scrambling, but it's just exaggerated with the unsettling fact we were starting Dee Ford and Zombo. Ford got quite a bit of pressure on a solid OL- Manziel is just some kind of bizarre contortionist.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no doubt. bad sign when they let Johnny Fooball run on 'em for about 100 yards. ah well, a win's a win, but i'm hoping that SOMEBODY can make some adjustments for that when the big games count...
QB scrambling is something I really don't think they have an answer for if it's a Russell Wilson or Cam Newton type. Fortunately, nobody is near that mobile on the AFC side of the playoff field. Fitzpatrick and Osweiler aren't statues, but they aren't exactly ultra elusive. Been an issue since Sutton has come over here in 2013. Have to think it's just a weakness in his scheme.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns exposed a pretty big weakness the Chiefs have in general with the QB scrambling, but it's just exaggerated with the unsettling fact we were starting Dee Ford and Zombo. Ford got quite a bit of pressure on a solid OL- Manziel is just some kind of bizarre contortionist.

agreed. would feel MUCH more comfortable with Houston in the line-up. anyways, now that the Steelers got upset at least the pressure goes down next week a bit against the Raiders...though i'm sure they'd like to get a victory against those guys as well...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. would feel MUCH more comfortable with Houston in the line-up. anyways, now that the Styeelers got upset at least the pressure goes down next week a bit against the Raiders...though i'm sure they'd like to get a victory against those guys as well...
Interesting decisions for Reid coming up with some injured players and the AFCW. DAT presumably coming back, AFCW on the line potentially, Houston/Hali.