• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DJ Hayden

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first year in was nothing to write home about, but CB is a tough position to debut in any case, anyone have any insight to how he is doing this year? Is he preparing to take the next step and live up to Reggie's high regard for him? Or is he destined to be yet another wasted 1st round pick?

RM has hedged his bet by acquiring Tarell Brown and a former 1st rounder Carlos Rogers, I have to assume they are brought in to help DJ, surely he isn't admitting defeat on his first pick as GM. As usual information coming out of Oakland is scarce.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first year in was nothing to write home about, but CB is a tough position to debut in any case, anyone have any insight to how he is doing this year? Is he preparing to take the next step and live up to Reggie's high regard for him? Or is he destined to be yet another wasted 1st round pick?

RM has hedged his bet by acquiring Tarell Brown and a former 1st rounder Carlos Rogers, I have to assume they are brought in to help DJ, surely he isn't admitting defeat on his first pick as GM. As usual information coming out of Oakland is scarce.

Just saw he has been working out with the weights intensely this off-season. DA continues to be very high on this guy. To be honest, with such an anemic pass rush last year, it was tough for the DB's to stay in coverage (lie forever). Hope he has a great sophomore campaign.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw DJ play in college a lot. He was a play maker who showed good coverage skills and was a pretty good tackler in run support. I wouldn't count him as a bust yet.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw he has been working out with the weights intensely this off-season. DA continues to be very high on this guy. To be honest, with such an anemic pass rush last year, it was tough for the DB's to stay in coverage (lie forever). Hope he has a great sophomore campaign.

Me too Zar, me too, his would be a great story.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw DJ play in college a lot. He was a play maker who showed good coverage skills and was a pretty good tackler in run support. I wouldn't count him as a bust yet.
Nor would I, I don't think Reggie would give up on his first draft just yet either, I still expect big things from DJ, there is a reason we picked him. I hope years from now we are looking back and remembering what he went through before he became a team leader for the S&B.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Hayden got pretty big this year, and still has his 4.2-4.3 speed.. He has great cover skills and the speed to match.. Last year with no camp, he was just thrown into the starting lineup with NO pass rush and held his own till that Philly game when he got hurt.. His rookie year was not great but not bad either.. You can see his shut down skills.. This year he is bigger stronger, with 2 great VETS to learn the game from.. The Raiders have high hopes for Hayden to be a shut down corner!! Lets all hope they are right..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Hayden got pretty big this year, and still has his 4.2-4.3 speed.. He has great cover skills and the speed to match.. Last year with no camp, he was just thrown into the starting lineup with NO pass rush and held his own till that Philly game when he got hurt.. His rookie year was not great but not bad either.. You can see his shut down skills.. This year he is bigger stronger, with 2 great VETS to learn the game from.. The Raiders have high hopes for Hayden to be a shut down corner!! Lets all hope they are right..

I'll drink that Koolaid, I'm still in ~ ain't goin nowhere. Of course I reserve the right to bitch when someone shits the bed.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DA on Hayden, he is light years ahead of were he was last year!! Bigger, Stronger, and just as fast..
DJ Hayden, learning the DB game!! That's what I like to hear..
Shut those AFC West WRs down DJ!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget Sio Moore, ALL-Rookie 1st team LB, Lightning.. He too looks good for the future..
We are moving him to WLB, and putting Mack at SLB!! LOOKS GOOD!!

Last edited by a moderator:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Hayden in a walking boot!! Rolled his ankle.. SMH..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 1 in Napa. Out with a stress fracture. All signs pointing to a very disappointing, very high draft pick. :gaah:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayden on the PUP.. All the talent in the world and its injury's that get him!! Im not ready to throw him to the curb yet.. Lets see what happens as we move forward with him.. The good news is we got some young guys that will get a chance to shine.. McGill, Carrie, Chekwa, Dowling.. And we got plenty of CAP money to spend if RM thinks we need some more CB depth.. I remember CWood being hurt ALL the time his first few years with us, with most fans saying he was a bust.. Boy were we wrong eh?? Lets hope DJ has the same kind of career as CWood..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see a kid with such an amazing story not quite getting the chance yet to show what he can do on the field. Even with him being drafted by the Raiders it would be hard to ever cheer against this kid. Hope he can heal up.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, its like a church in here when you compare this site to some other Raider sites!! DJ is A bust!! Fire Reggie and DA they suck!! Season is over!! And on and on it goes.. Shoot alot of Raider fans are happy Hayden got hurt!! Just so they can come and tell you, see i told you so.. When fans spend all their time trashing players their only HOPE is that said players FAIL.. Me i hope he gets better, cuz we need him!! This post is not for Raider fans on this site, cuz they are all solid.. But for those that lurk..