• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Discover my RB2 situation?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now I have Ellington as my RB1. My other RBs for the second spot are CJ spiller, jerick McKinnon and Pierre Thomas. With Matthews on the injury list. For next weeks matchup. My RBs together have scored less than 10 points 4 weeks in a row now I'm 3-1 despite that

McKinnon goes against the bills in buffalo
Pierre Thomas has the lions in Detroit
CJ spiller has the Vikings at home

Do I go with any of these matchups or do I trade alshon for lacy (it's on the table right now from him) I have jordy, dez, alshon, Djax at WR already. Which do you think is the better route? I could maybe get Forrest in a trade for Djax too. Thoughts?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those matchups ate ideal for a RB.. but don't make a huge, team altering trade just to try and overcome a matchup issue for one week. I'd go with Frenchie or McKinnon and hope for the best

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those matchups ate ideal for a RB.. but don't make a huge, team altering trade just to try and overcome a matchup issue for one week. I'd go with Frenchie or McKinnon and hope for the best

Frenchie?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do the trade.

Jordy/Dez/DJAX + Ellington/Lacy and McKinnon/Frenchie/Spiller

looks better to me than

Jordy/Dez/Jeffrey/DJAX + Ellington and McKinnon/Frenchie/Spiller

Otherwise (depending on lineup rules) you're leaving WR points on the bench every week while rolling the dice at RB2. I like McKinnon's chances to perform, but he's not exactly a must-start. Lacy's still the feature back on a great offense, despite his blah production so far.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already said I would take Lacy for Alshon.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm very worried about lacy though. Lacy touches compared to Starks last 2 weeks.

Lacy- 17,14
Starks- 14,10

Looks like a committee to me...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for the TD in that one week. It's been 5 duds the last 6 weeks. I can get better production than that out of McKinnon who looks like he has big upside

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do the trade.

Jordy/Dez/DJAX + Ellington/Lacy and McKinnon/Frenchie/Spiller

looks better to me than

Jordy/Dez/Jeffrey/DJAX + Ellington and McKinnon/Frenchie/Spiller

Otherwise (depending on lineup rules) you're leaving WR points on the bench every week while rolling the dice at RB2. I like McKinnon's chances to perform, but he's not exactly a must-start. Lacy's still the feature back on a great offense, despite his blah production so far.

The name brand might look better but what about the results?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lacy this year were equal to Lacy last year, you probably couldn't get him for Alshon.

But wouldn't hurt to shop around, all 4 of those WR's are big names and would bring a decent return in terms of a RB

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very worried about lacy though. Lacy touches compared to Starks last 2 weeks.

Lacy- 17,14
Starks- 14,10

Looks like a committee to me...

No lead RB will carry the ball 100% of the time anymore. Even your McKinnon/Spiller/Frenchie are sharing carries. But Lacy is on a premiere offense. And he is the lead RB.

I am a Lacy owner myself, and some games the Packers are up and rest Lacy. Some games, like week 6 vs Miami, they were down late and had to pass. Hard to foresee that.

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now I have Ellington as my RB1. My other RBs for the second spot are CJ spiller, jerick McKinnon and Pierre Thomas. With Matthews on the injury list. For next weeks matchup. My RBs together have scored less than 10 points 4 weeks in a row now I'm 3-1 despite that

McKinnon goes against the bills in buffalo
Pierre Thomas has the lions in Detroit
CJ spiller has the Vikings at home

Do I go with any of these matchups or do I trade alshon for lacy (it's on the table right now from him) I have jordy, dez, alshon, Djax at WR already. Which do you think is the better route? I could maybe get Forrest in a trade for Djax too. Thoughts?

Of those matchups I like PT Cruiser in a game where the Saints should have to show, but you're right it's a crapshoot at rb2 for you: any of those guys coyly go off just as easily as they could put up a dud.

You have the wr depth to make a play for an upgrade at rb2. I slightly share your concerns w Lacy/understand where you're coming from(although they had to play from behind a lot Sun & they prefer to use Starks in passing/no huddle situations, so the touches are skewed by that at the end of the day). I'd feel comfortable starting any 2 if those WRs so I'd say shop all 3 around & see who gets you the best RB(you can prob get a rb1 for Jordy or Dez depending on the other teams depth; unfortunately the buy low window for guys like Shady & Forte had temporarily closed after each had a good wk...)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lacy this year were equal to Lacy last year, you probably couldn't get him for Alshon.

But wouldn't hurt to shop around, all 4 of those WR's are big names and would bring a decent return in terms of a RB

That's true. I've been shopping Djax around for a while. Had a offer of Ben Tate for Djax and you said no I shouldn't do that. That's what I remember and look how he's done now. he won't even trade him for Djax now. Should of went with that.:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frenchie?

He meant PT Cruiser................if think Jeffrey for Lacey is a good trade but it seems like you're winning with the line up you're putting out there so I'm not sure I'd make the trade. If anything I might try to sell high on DJax right now....................2 big weeks in a row. This time of year it's not so bad to have points on the bench just as long as the guys in your line up are producing. I'd prolly start PT this week as he will see some targets out of the backfield.

Breasy4c_o_l

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I've been shopping Djax around for a while. Had a offer of Ben Tate for Djax and you said no I shouldn't do that. That's what I remember and look how he's done now. he won't even trade him for Djax now. Should of went with that.:noidea:

Now now, don't go blaming someone else for a move you didn't make. The best we can do on these forums is offer sound advice based on our experience/knowledge, but bottom line is: It's your team/your responisibility, you make the final call. Use the advice given, but make your own decision/trust your own instincts...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those matchups I like PT Cruiser in a game where the Saints should have to show, but you're right it's a crapshoot at rb2 for you: any of those guys coyly go off just as easily as they could put up a dud.

You have the wr depth to make a play for an upgrade at rb2. I slightly share your concerns w Lacy/understand where you're coming from(although they had to play from behind a lot Sun & they prefer to use Starks in passing/no huddle situations, so the touches are skewed by that at the end of the day). I'd feel comfortable starting any 2 if those WRs so I'd say shop all 3 around & see who gets you the best RB(you can prob get a rb1 for Jordy or Dez depending on the other teams depth; unfortunately the buy low window for guys like Shady & Forte had temporarily closed after each had a good wk...)

I think he already "sold" Shady for Ellington

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now now, don't go blaming someone else for a move you didn't make. The best we can do on these forums is offer sound advice based on our experience/knowledge, but bottom line is: It's your team/your responisibility, you make the final call. Use the advice given, but make your own decision/trust your own instincts...

Not blaming him. Just bringing up the point. Treff had good advice there cause Tate is made of glass

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meant PT Cruiser................if think Jeffrey for Lacey is a good trade but it seems like you're winning with the line up you're putting out there so I'm not sure I'd make the trade. If anything I might try to sell high on DJax right now....................2 big weeks in a row. This time of year it's not so bad to have points on the bench just as long as the guys in your line up are producing. I'd prolly start PT this week as he will see some targets out of the backfield.

I agree he will see targets... But lions are playing great defense right now. I'm leaning towards McKinnon

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast I got the much better QB lol

Yeah and you'd still be in the same position just with Shady instead of Ellington.........kinda have to remember your whole team can't always be studs.................you have 4 top WR's that are carrying your team.................with one on the bench.............lol. Try that DJax for Tate trade now and see if he bites. BTW, who are the RB's on the wire right now?