• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you guys see this?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stuff like this that has me no longer even caring about the HoF. It's a pure popularity contest and even though I don't resent Jones' selection I believe Bowlen is infinitely more deserving. The Broncos have been one of the most successful teams in all of professional sports since Bowlen took over. To give Jerry Jones the nod over Pat Bowlen underscores the truth that the hardest road to Canton runs through Denver. I know there isn't a soul out there (especially within the HoF or NFL itself) who will lose any sleep over this proclamation but I don't even consider the HoF to be an legitimate organization. It is a shame too because this is a great game and the HoF should be an honorable place and the way in as integral as the game itself.

Pat Bowlen gets spit on by the Pro Football Hall of Fame subcommittee

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stuff like this that has me no longer even caring about the HoF. It's a pure popularity contest and even though I don't resent Jones' selection I believe Bowlen is infinitely more deserving. The Broncos have been one of the most successful teams in all of professional sports since Bowlen took over. To give Jerry Jones the nod over Pat Bowlen underscores the truth that the hardest road to Canton runs through Denver. I know there isn't a soul out there (especially within the HoF or NFL itself) who will lose any sleep over this proclamation but I don't even consider the HoF to be an legitimate organization. It is a shame too because this is a great game and the HoF should be an honorable place and the way in as integral as the game itself.

It's being in the Rocky Mnt region. No respect.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This certainly deserved its own thread - but there were a number of comments yesterday on the topic here: Training Camp Coming

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones' ego puts him in the TV spotlight on a weekly basis, and the Cowboys get more media attention outside of their market than any other team in the league. This probably has a lot to do with these people's decisions. Still, this is pretty lame, and it's disgusting that that guy would get into the HOF before Pat Bowen.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is year in, year out one of the most profitable and valuable franchises in all of sports. Unfortunately, this factors into the decision.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was expecting actual expectoration.

Maybe they should have said "snubbed"?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right it does deserve its own thread as this is a big deal. I think Jerry Jones eventually deserved to get in before his time is done but not now and especially not over Bowlen. Jerry Jones has done some nice things for the NFL such as teaching other teams how to better market and find sponsors to add to the money pool. That accomplishment pales in comparison to Bowlen being one of the biggest voices in getting the tv deals done that have spurred the biggest money making the NFL could ever have dreamed about back then. He also was huge on getting games more on the international level and why the Broncos were the first team to really regularly travel overseas. He has helped take this game globally and helped it to blow by all the other major sports.

Then when you look at what his team has done since he took over compared to what it did the say 20 years before he got there and you can see he has been huge at helping make this team one of the most successful franchises over that time period. Heck since he took over the team in 1984 only 2 other major sports teams have a better win percentage. I think it is the Lakers and Spurs are the only two teams since 1984 with a higher winning percentage.

I could go on but even after two days now of having time to try and cool down about this I just can't believe they did this. Heck they had a guy who has voted for the HOF the past 2 years (was not one of the voters this year) who said it is ridiculous those who are allowed to vote and the arguments that go on behind closed doors. He said that he has been one of the loudest voices for Terrell Davis making the HOF and can't believe the reasons he keeps hearing of why he is being kept out. He said the top 2 reasons are length of his career which he said there are plenty of guys in the HOF with shorter careers and then they bring up that other Bronco RB's have had as high of a YPC average as that of Davis in that offense. Those are the two main reasons. They ignore his playoff success and the fact that he had possibly the best 4 year stretch of any RB in NFL history. Then you throw in the 2 Super Bowl victories with him being one of the biggest reasons why we won and man just no words.