• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Larry Fitz play his last game as an Arizona Cardinal?

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope not. Larry is still a great player he just doesnt have a QB right now. Lets hope he returns, but not at the current price tag. Would be nice to see him retire a Cardinal.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50/50 chance that he has played his last game in a Cards uniform. It really depends what Fitz wants to do. If he wants to fonish his career as a Cardinal, he will cut his pay from $16 mil(8 + 8) next season.

.....he'll be wearing a pats uniform in 2015.....!

Unless the Pats are willing to pay him $9+ mil, that's highly unlikely.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50/50 chance that he has played his last game in a Cards uniform. It really depends what Fitz wants to do. If he wants to fonish his career as a Cardinal, he will cut his pay from $16 mil(8 + 8) next season.

Unless the Pats are willing to pay him $9+ mil, that's highly unlikely.

They will pay him when they don't make the SB this year. Next year will be their last playoff run with Brady. Then it's back to mediocrity for decades.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots could win their division for the next 20 years. The Bills and Jets are run by idiots and the Dolphins aren't a whole lot better.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Larry is gone. He is a great player and a wonderful person; I just think his salary situation will be unsolvable. Unless he makes the decision to take a massive pay cut he's gone. I don't see him doing that. He can easily make more than the Cards will be able to pay him and there's a 0.000000001% chance they keep him on his current contract.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Larry is gone. He is a great player and a wonderful person; I just think his salary situation will be unsolvable. Unless he makes the decision to take a massive pay cut he's gone. I don't see him doing that. He can easily make more than the Cards will be able to pay him and there's a 0.000000001% chance they keep him on his current contract.

I dont believe that is true. They've already said his numbers are already worked into the cap for next season. But at 23 mil that's over priced and he must restructure his contract or play somewhere else. What bothers me about this is these players will usually go else where at a paycut playing for another team.

Larry is a class act guy and he's a great Cardinal, but they've paid him very well and treated him like royalty. Time for Fitz to help the team out this go around.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz has been "helping the team out" by agreeing to restructure his contract pretty much every season in order for Zona to keep other players. He will stay IF he really believes Palmer will stay healthy. If not, he is gone.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz has been "helping the team out" by agreeing to restructure his contract pretty much every season in order for Zona to keep other players. He will stay IF he really believes Palmer will stay healthy. If not, he is gone.

It didn't cost him a penny to restructure his contract. Never has he given up money by doing so. He needs to take a paycut, that would be helping the team.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's great he keeps restructuring, but it's just backloading the money, which means in the later years of the contract the team is going to get hammered. And that time is now.

Would they have a willing trade partner to pay him? If he won't take a cut, which he certainly doesn't have to and we should not expect him to, they should trade him if possible.