• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Diamondhacks at Commies

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a good pitching game by both clubs. But Delgado walking the lead-off hitter in the 11th might be disastrous.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Ollie can give us a 3rd inning if we don't score again this inning?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15th inning? Man, the Reds suck if they can only score 1 run in 14 innings against our pitching.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone please score a fucking run so we can go home? :gaah:

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now 13-0 when games go 15 or more innings!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corbin, Miley and Anderson are the only three starters that I don't mind... as 3,4,5 starters. Now we just gotta sign a #1 or 2 starter this offseason, hope Corbin fully recovers and that Bradley can come up and pitch well.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we should keep Perez, Ziegler & Collmenter. Add them in with the young guys we have in the pen and it's really not looking too bad for next year. At this point I only want them to trade Reed and Hill and just get rid of Cahill one way or another.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue right now that needs to be addressed the most is the starting rotation. Realistically, we need to find 2 SP to fill in with whatever healthy ensemble of Corbin/Hudson/Miley/Anderson/Arroyo. Collmenter should be back in the 6th SP longman role for 2015. Add Bradley to that mix & that means we only need to find one SP. We have $20+ mil coming off the books for 2015. That's more than enough money to make a run at Scherzer or Lester, or to a lesser extent, James Shields. That should be our focus.

The only guys in the BP I would part with would be Perez & Delgado. Perez has been great, he is cheap, & his value will never be higher. Trading him for a decent prospect should be attainable. Keep in mind that we should get LHP Matt Reynolds back this season. Delgado is still young & has shown enough that a few teams should be willing to take a risk on him as a back end starter. Again, he cheap & under control for 4 more years.

Honestly, if we can get a good return, we should ship Miley away as well. He is never going to be anything more than #4-5 SP. He starts arbitration after this season, so he starts getting more expensive.

As for the bats, I would Look to move Parra, one of Hill/Prado, Ross(No one will take him even if we eat salary), Didi, & Pennington. Pennington is a pending FA, so if anyone is willing to give us anything for a decent utility guy, we should jump on it. I would prefer Hill being moved over Prado. And if we can move both Hill & Pennington, I would look to keep all 3 young IF for a 2B/SS rotation in 2015. Parra is going to get expensive in his last year of arbitration & has proven that he will never be a great hitter. He should fetch a good prospect or two.