• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils vs Jets Thread

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well prior to today, the season was 0% shooting and 0% save so they were actually getting worse. The main problem is Zajac, Jagr, and Elias are more interested in putting on their stupid face after a miss than they are scoring. Brunner, Josefson, Boucher, and possibly Camel and Havlat are much better

Didn't realize that, wow that's bad.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsxavPANO8s&feature=player_embedded]Its the end of the world by R.E.M lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was at the game and nearly cried when JJ the Savior scored his SO goal.

We either totally sucked tonight/the ice was shit or something. Both teams seemed sloppy, so maybe the conditions weren't good. Lars didn't look too bad. Damon had a rough night but was still a top 2 level dman. Kid is ridiculously skilled.

Was the last time we won a shootout when Kovy was on the team?? Jesus.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cup, did they actually dare use the word "chemistry" on these boards again???? I thought they knew better... You cant say that... its been the scape goat word for Lous failures over how many years?? Its taboo/foreign/voodoo/witchcraft(since Halloween is here)... whatever you want to call it...

YOU CANT SAY CHEMISTRY HERE... BOO TO YOU

Great win even thought I didn't see it.... Maybe it is taboo/foreign/voodoo/witchcraft we won a shootout.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win a shootout!!!! holy moly, JJ with the win!

JJ is earning his stay on the roster, i'm one who's ready to move on but he's holding a firm grip in playing IMO.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wrote the other day, we give Cory goal support, he doesn't come through, we are terrible on O and he's playing like a legend lol....

wtf................................irony...................

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still see our team speed to slow.... Elias, Jagr(at 100 yrs old, you're playing on top line so play like a top line player), Zajac... lets go!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was the biggest win for the Devils going back to last season. They finally got over the hump of the shootout. If they could win shootouts on a 50/50 basis, they got a good shot at making the playoffs IMO.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we're already off to a much better start than last year so that's a plus.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game and nearly cried when JJ the Savior scored his SO goal.

We either totally sucked tonight/the ice was shit or something. Both teams seemed sloppy, so maybe the conditions weren't good. Lars didn't look too bad. Damon had a rough night but was still a top 2 level dman. Kid is ridiculously skilled.

Was the last time we won a shootout when Kovy was on the team?? Jesus.

you werent dressed as a disney princess were you?

first game of the year for me and i have to agree that both teams looked bad. no one wanted to rebound off of SOG on either side and the shots they did take were slow and sloppy.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Devils down 1-0, DeBoer shuffled his line combinations for much of the third period and also went down to mostly five defensemen. Captain Bryce Salvador was the odd man out, playing just 12:59 (least among the defensemen), including just two shift in the third period and none in overtime.

Salvador did not see the ice after the 4:23 mark of the third.

“We were down,” DeBoer explained. "If we were up, a guy like Salvador is playing all the time. If we’re down, we’re looking for offense at that point and you readjust the bench forwards and defensemen.”

I call complete BS on this. The guy has sucked all year and he made several bad plays last night, the gift wrapped no look pass to Blake Wheeler in the slot was the nail in the coffin. Just say you benched him because he's playing like shit and needs to be better. Don't try to tip toe around it by talking about adjusting the gameplan.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL seriously, when I saw the gift pass all I thought was Zids but it was Salvador!... wow.....

did our vets get dumb all of a sudden?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I watched the post game interview and heard Pete say that. Was going to post about it, but with the greatest win for this organization in over a year, I decided not to.

But seriously. I want DeBoer to repeat what he said in the mirror about 10 times. If the team is up, we have a guy like Sal playing all the time, but when we are down, we are looking for offense. Pay attention to this and now remember the blown leads this season.
Maybe the solution is NOT to play Sal when the team is up?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I don't like that we talk about a player like Salvador this way. I know he gives everything he has to this team, but, so far, he is a liability more than a plus.
Similar to Dano his last year. He was benched, or didn't play. He is an all time Devil favorite, but you need to make the decision and keep him off the ice if necessary

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the post game interview and heard Pete say that. Was going to post about it, but with the greatest win for this organization in over a year, I decided not to.

But seriously. I want DeBoer to repeat what he said in the mirror about 10 times. If the team is up, we have a guy like Sal playing all the time, but when we are down, we are looking for offense. Pay attention to this and now remember the blown leads this season.
Maybe the solution is NOT to play Sal ?

corrected

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, I don't like that we talk about a player like Salvador this way. I know he gives everything he has to this team, but, so far, he is a liability more than a plus.
Similar to Dano his last year. He was benched, or didn't play. He is an all time Devil favorite, but you need to make the decision and keep him off the ice if necessary

It's not our fault that Salvador has gotten old and can't compete with these younger guys anymore. It's Pete's fault for playing him top line minutes certain games when he wasn't even a top line player in his prime. Burns was able to put Dano on the bench for most of 2003 and almost all of the playoffs and still have the utmost respect from him. Pete should have a talk with Dano because its a very similar situation.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not our fault that Salvador has gotten old and can't compete with these younger guys anymore. It's Pete's fault for playing him top line minutes certain games when he wasn't even a top line player in his prime. Burns was able to put Dano on the bench for most of 2003 and almost all of the playoffs and still have the utmost respect from him. Pete should have a talk with Dano because its a very similar situation.

Great point.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Devils down 1-0, DeBoer shuffled his line combinations for much of the third period and also went down to mostly five defensemen. Captain Bryce Salvador was the odd man out, playing just 12:59 (least among the defensemen), including just two shift in the third period and none in overtime.

Salvador did not see the ice after the 4:23 mark of the third.

“We were down,” DeBoer explained. "If we were up, a guy like Salvador is playing all the time. If we’re down, we’re looking for offense at that point and you readjust the bench forwards and defensemen.”

I call complete BS on this. The guy has sucked all year and he made several bad plays last night, the gift wrapped no look pass to Blake Wheeler in the slot was the nail in the coffin. Just say you benched him because he's playing like shit and needs to be better. Don't try to tip toe around it by talking about adjusting the gameplan.

Come on no coach does that. If (praying) he does ease him out of the lineup it will be because of the continuing emergence of our young defensemen.. not because he's slower than grandma and making increasingly bad decisions on the ice.