• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos Players, Others Express Shock at Brock Osweiler Contract

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII would be the smartest acquisition for the Broncos right now.

I think they're better off mining someone's backup. RG3 is a complete unknown; Denver is going to need at least one known quantity at QB even if they do get RG3. There are guys out there that may be available for the right trade and that have at least been able to run an offense successfully in spurts if not consistently. Zach Mettenberger, Mike Glennon, AJ McCarron, etc. Are they really that different from Brock at this point?

Foles was bad last year, but he had a great season in his recent past. Even guys like Geno and Manuel have had their moments of success. RG3 is shot in the dark in comparison.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ the Broncos for letting him go. I'm sure they'll do fine since all they really need is someone to hand the ball off.

Funny how fans of the other AFC West teams are automatically claiming Broncos will be in last place in division.

Derp

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your optimism must be on crack or something, Jackson was a significant part of that D even though not the star Miller is......And it is being reported that Anderson is leaving because they put a low tender on him and he is the starting RB.....And if you think RG 3& out can manage a championship run in any sense, you are not very bright...
Sanchez is a better qb than him so that outta tell you something....
We'll have to see who they come up with, maybe they could trade for Bradford and if he could stay healthy and the D be as good as last yr, and Wade not return to his normal losing ways, and Kubes stay healthy and, and , and.
Ah dadburnit, just hope for a miracle, it is more likely than all of those things.....
:hope: :rolleyes2:

He's not very bright? Curious That's what I thought of that analysis.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Denver put a tender on Anderson doesn't mean he's gone, Denver can and will likely match the offer because they know how valuable he is.

Also when RG3 is given an actual good team to play with(like he did in his rookie year) he's shown what he can do. Obviously you give him crap he's gonna play like crap too because he hadn't developed into a type of QB that can make his team better just by being there. A lot to ask of a guy in his 2nd year coming off an injury. I'm not saying he's some amazing QB who will dominate the league but he certainly better than what Washington allowed him to do the past few years.

And let's not forget John Elway is actually good at his job, knows what he's doing, and knows how to properly run a team, I'd like to see you argue any of that about Dan Snyder.
Who says RG3 is going to sign with the Broncos?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size of a QB teams didn't have film on a good team with a great defense. I know someone seeing my Niners avatar that'll sound like Kaepernick, har har har.
Texans have a decent defense. I'm just wondering who the Broncos will start at QB. It's a risk, thinking Denver D will continue to carry the team next season, with a big ? in QB position. The D got hot at the right time, like other SB winners have done. Interesting times ahead.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna pay somebody to qb that team and may end up paying more unless they're going with a rookie...
And according to the article I read, low tender does not give a team the right to simply match another teams offer, they have to beat it and that puts the dealing power in the players hands...
So we've already learned there is no loyalty in football "RIGHT" ??????
Of course not, everyone is out for the big bucks. Amazing thing is that it seems that most players dive after getting paid, with few exceptions.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans have a decent defense. I'm just wondering who the Broncos will start at QB. It's a risk, thinking Denver D will continue to carry the team next season, with a big ? in QB position. The D got hot at the right time, like other SB winners have done. Interesting times ahead.
I totally agree. The Seahawks have a damn good defense, but without Russell Wilson, they would/will have a tough time winning the NFC West. The Broncos need a decent QB to win the AFC West next season.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not, everyone is out for the big bucks. Amazing thing is that it seems that most players dive after getting paid, with few exceptions.

As everyone should be out for the pay. Like you say, most that are getting those checks are playing as well as they ever will. And won't be seeing a payday like this one or close to it ever again. I can tell you with 100% certainty that if I was drafted into a job without a choice of what company I worked for, and had an opportunity to make 5 mil a year more somewhere else, I would take it in a heartbeat.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As everyone should be out for the pay. Like you say, most that are getting those checks are playing as well as they ever will. And won't be seeing a payday like this one or close to it ever again. I can tell you with 100% certainty that if I was drafted into a job without a choice of what company I worked for, and had an opportunity to make 5 mil a year more somewhere else, I would take it in a heartbeat.
No doubt about that.