• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

del zotto trade..

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing i could see from this trade is we needed another right handed shooter????? cause there really isn't much else... give up a 23 year old for a 29 year old? don't get it!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they did it for his size & defense. I think they gave up on some offense. We'll see how this trade goes. Probably an even trade in the short term, Preds will probably turn out the winners in the long term. I won't judge tho, we'll see how this goes.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$$$$$$$

DZ will likely command 4-5 years at around 4-4.5M a season. Where as Klein, who is locked in at 2.9M for the next 4.5 years. You want Girardi and/or Cally signed? There you have it.

I wish everybody would look logically at the trade and not the age.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when I look at the trade,

Height
Michael Del Zotto: 6'0"
Kevin Klein: 6'1"

Weight
Michael Del Zotto: 195lbs
Kevin Klein: 199lbs

Shoots
Michael Del Zotto: left
Kevin Klein: right

Goals
Michael Del Zotto: 2
Kevin Klein: 1

Assists
Michael Del Zotto: 9
Kevin Klein: 2

Kevin Klein: 3

+/-
Michael Del Zotto: -5
Kevin Klein: -11

Blocks
Michael Del Zotto: 47
Kevin Klein: 94

Hits
Michael Del Zotto: 50
Kevin Klein: 75

Shots on goal
Michael Del Zotto: 64
Kevin Klein: 49

PIM
Michael Del Zotto: 10
Kevin Klein: 21

Power play goals
Michael Del Zotto: 1
Kevin Klein: 0

Power play assists
Michael Del Zotto: 4
Kevin Klein: 0

Shooting %
Michael Del Zotto: 3.1%
Kevin Klein: 2%

Clearly this was a trade of offense for defense and vice versa. Only question is how much offense was traded for how much defense and who's game will have a greater impact.

However, from the Doob's perspective, this trade wasn't enough to make or break either team involved.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job, Doob!

I see where you're coming from with the offensive and defensive side of each. We needed D, if you watched us you saw how brutal the 3rd pairing of Moore/DZ was. Two offensive minded defensemen, one not covering the other, a lot of misscomminucation and both looking lost out there.

Moore needs to play with a defensive minded dman, like Klein is. That way when he makes the dumb play going into the zone or decides to pinch in deep, he has somebody to cover his ass. Klein will be that guy.

Also he will step into the lineup tonight most likely and who better to play then a team you played against 6 times your entire career? The St Louis Blues.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job, Doob!

I see where you're coming from with the offensive and defensive side of each. We needed D, if you watched us you saw how brutal the 3rd pairing of Moore/DZ was. Two offensive minded defensemen, one not covering the other, a lot of misscomminucation and both looking lost out there.

Moore needs to play with a defensive minded dman, like Klein is. That way when he makes the dumb play going into the zone or decides to pinch in deep, he has somebody to cover his ass. Klein will be that guy.

Also he will step into the lineup tonight most likely and who better to play then a team you played against 6 times your entire career? The St Louis Blues.

Thanks Johnny, I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about Kevin Klein. I do try to explore all the angles however.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Johnny, I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about Kevin Klein. I do try to explore all the angles however.

Understandable. Many don't, but are quick to judge him by his +/- forgetting that there is no Pekka Rinne in net and instead Marazenec and Hutton. Not the best goaltending duo in the league. His stats don't sum him up. His play on the ice does, and that's playing the same type of game as Girardi.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • “Rangers have been looking for a right shot d-man for awhile. Vigneault’s influence also a factor from Canuck days facing the Preds.” (Darren Dreger)
  • “NYR get reliable RS defender in Klein, with attractive cost certainty ($2.9M per thru to2018). Also, insulation if Girardi goes to UFA.” (Bob McKenzie)
  • “AV would have an appreciation for Klein from his days coaching against him in the West. Should be a good, steady fit on right side for NYR. With the move, this also allows John Moore to go back to his natural left side. Just a better fit with Klein now there on the right” (Pierre LeBrun)
  • I’m told from NYR that that Klein adds more balance to their Blueline & slots their D in more natural positions. (Kevin Weekes)

NEWS: Michael Del Zotto traded to Nashville for Kevin Klein | SNY Rangers Blog

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. Many don't, but are quick to judge him by his +/- forgetting that there is no Pekka Rinne in net and instead Marazenec and Hutton. Not the best goaltending duo in the league. His stats don't sum him up. His play on the ice does, and that's playing the same type of game as Girardi.

I don't judge him, I don't know enough about him to judge. I just feel if this trade were done earlier the Rangers could've gotten more than Kevin Klein. No disrespect to Klein but I feel Del Zotto at 23 has shown more potential than Klein has at age 29.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't judge him, I don't know enough about him to judge. I just feel if this trade were done earlier the Rangers could've gotten more than Kevin Klein. No disrespect to Klein but I feel Del Zotto at 23 has shown more potential than Klein has at age 29.

Not you Doob, just in general.

Sather dangled DZ around for weeks, Ottawa wanted to give us Gryba and Greening which was a shit package, we wanted Barrie and a pick from Colorado and then just a first from Colorado. Boomer Essiason called this deal weeks ago, think I even posted it on here in the DZ thread. I like it. He'll be paired with Moore tonight.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not you Doob, just in general.

Sather dangled DZ around for weeks, Ottawa wanted to give us Gryba and Greening which was a shit package, we wanted Barrie and a pick from Colorado and then just a first from Colorado. Boomer Essiason called this deal weeks ago, think I even posted it on here in the DZ thread. I like it. He'll be paired with Moore tonight.

Yeah, that should be a more balanced defensive paring than before. I just think it's sort of a shame. A couple years back when the Rangers had the best record in the Eastern Conference and got to the ECF, I felt that the biggest factors were Lundqvist & their core of 4 (Girardi, Staal, McDonagh, & Del Zotto), plus Gaborik. Seems like Sather took a team that had the potential to take things to the next level and just decided to scrap the whole project. Makes me wonder what sense of direction Sather has for the team.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that should be a more balanced defensive paring than before. I just think it's sort of a shame. A couple years back when the Rangers had the best record in the Eastern Conference and got to the ECF, I felt that the biggest factors were Lundqvist & their core of 4 (Girardi, Staal, McDonagh, & Del Zotto), plus Gaborik. Seems like Sather took a team that had the potential to take things to the next level and just decided to scrap the whole project. Makes me wonder what sense of direction Sather has for the team.

Well the Moore and Klein pair looked good last night. You could see how loose Moore was playing and more willing to carry the puck in or go in deep. Klein was there each time, that pairing will work out well.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Moore and Klein pair looked good last night. You could see how loose Moore was playing and more willing to carry the puck in or go in deep. Klein was there each time, that pairing will work out well.

Saw the highlights of the game, Rangers did a good job of holding their own against a pretty good & desperate Blues team.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably could've used another goal or 2. Blues are a tough defense tho, plus they really needed that game.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably could've used another goal or 2. Blues are a tough defense tho, plus they really needed that game.

They're very good, one of the best teams in the league. 2nd best PP in the league, remarkable stat, they've scored 15 times on the PP in the first 10 seconds or less of it. Unbelievable.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're very good, one of the best teams in the league. 2nd best PP in the league, remarkable stat, they've scored 15 times on the PP in the first 10 seconds or less of it. Unbelievable.

Wow that's an interesting stat.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they got it all with Backes, Oshie, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, Steen, etc. Very potent PP.