• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

defense

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone else realize taormina played more minutes than any other d man?

IMO that can't happen yet, and he looked shaky defensively.... a couple times he flat out lost control just skating with the puck. don't get me wrong he's a rookie i like him...

but as bad as green and tallinder were tonight i would rather see them playing and volch and even white playing more...

i thought urbom looked very solid and he barley played.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, was stunned how much Taormina played. Urbom was solid, Tallinder was very shaky, but I think he and Green will be fine. First game, far more positives for me than there were negatives. After game 1 last year, I thought the Devs were in real trouble and they ended up winning division. Hopefully they continue to play aggressive offensively like they did in the odd number periods.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah the defense looked like chickens with their heads cut off! just like last playoffs...consistantly beat on the boards!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually thought his boards play was pretty good (Taormina). I don't know if the ice was bad, but he definitely had some issues getting the puck to lay flat at times. It was mostly inconsistency.

Furthermore, I think the centers on this team have forgotten how to back check this summer.

The D needs to move on. This is going to be a tough month.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at this game and have to say that in 2nd period I was thinking when we start shooting and putting some pressure on Dallas defense. It happened in 3rd but was not enough because our defense made kid's mistakes and Marty did not make good saves, which we can expect from goalie of his caliber. Taormina and Tallinder looked shaky with puck and positionaly. 3rd & 4th lines were disasters. We need complete 12 forwards roster. Bu hopefully this was just 1st game which showed where we have to improve.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half of this year is going to be a learning process. This team suddenly became very young and there is a lot of feeling out to be done. We are not going to be gangbusters through the regular season like we usually are, and honestly I am okay with that. I'd rather something productive happen during the year. As long as these guys are getting better from week to week, I'll take the aches and pains along the way.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the Capitals game, but halfway through game 1, I thought to myself "is Colin White a scratch?" I hadn't noticed him until mid way through the second. That is actually a great sign, it means nothing eventful happened which is exactly what should be happening when he's out there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
tarmoria even 1st period of pens game HORRIBLE