• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dee Ford...????

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annoying, but Ford looks like a solid replacement for Hali, I guess. Wanted Lee but maybe they were turned off by his injury/drops etc. Trade down would've been optimal then.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annoying, but Ford looks like a solid replacement for Hali, I guess. Wanted Lee but maybe they were turned off by his injury/drops etc. Trade down would've been optimal then.

Could've took Lee, could've took Benjamin. Smh...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good player but very surprised as there were so many other needs with players of great value. Makes sense if they are planning on not resigning Hali but still very surprised.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this move makes good cap sense going forward as the cap number for Hali is problematic in 2015 given our roster construction to say the least. However, not particularly an awesome win-now move to fill a need like some hoped. I do think it is an interesting pick that can potentially be a legitimate replacement for Hali. The question though now is what about the rest of the draft?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy I am looking at in the 3rd round would be Ed Reynolds (FS from Stanford). We absolutely cannot have abysmal safety play again from everybody not named Eric Berry, just can't in the same division as Schaub, Manning, and Rivers.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've took Lee, could've took Benjamin. Smh...

While I understand the criticism, this is a pretty defensible pick if one looks at it from a cap perspective. Houston is going to get paid, and Hali is going to be very expensive. We might be in the same situation Dallas was this offseason with Ware's cap number. (hopefully specific to Hali-- good lord was the D in Big D bad)

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would say it was one of the more interesting picks in the 1st round. I'm kind of wondering if the Chiefs had a lot of the players they wanted to pick picked right before they were on the clock and this was a bit of a panic move. I think they could have traded down and still got this guy possibly even in the top of the 2nd and picked up maybe an extra 3rd round pick.

I will say though Dee Ford is one of my favorite players in this draft but that was more for the Broncos and the needs they had. This draft is deep at receiver so need to panic quite yet about getting a quality guy to catch the ball. I will say the Safety position is just about dried up of anybody of any quality though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another question to ponder again in light of this pick is how good, bad, deep or thin does Dorsey and co see WR's and DB's in this draft, as well as their own roster.

The Chiefs were tugging at WR's in FA (like Emmanuel Sanders) so it leads one to believe they would have liked an upgrade there, but FS might be a need that can't be ignored with KC's next pick. Should be very intriguing to see what the Chiefs do now.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about the pick and see his interview I like this move. Lee would've been nice, especially without a 2nd I think the next 10 recievers will be gone but like Moose said maybe Reynolds or Brooks/Bailey are there. Herron from Wyo or Archer maybe? Mike Davis from Texas has alot of untapped ability. Freeing up 9m next year could help other things too like re-signing Smith or other FA.