• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decade 24 Minute Draft QF 4 : WLK vs Shane

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK

1st & 3rd
PG - Tony Parker - 00
SG - Jerry Sloan - 60
SF - John Havlicek - 60
PF - Chris Webber - 90
C - Bill Laimbeer - 80

2nd & 4th
PG - Magic Johnson - 70
SG - Ray Allen - 90
SF - Scottie Pippen - 80
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge - 00
C - Bob McAdoo - 70

VS

SHANE

1st & 3rd
PG - Norm Van Lier 60
SG - George Gervin - 70
SF - Bob Dandridge 60
PF - Amar'e Stoudemire - 00
C - Dwight Howard - 00

2nd & 4th
PG - Gary Payton 90
SG - Chris Mullin - 80
SF - Bernard King - 70
PF - Kevin Garnett - 90
C - Hakeem Olajuwon - 80

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK - 4
SHANE - 5

VOTED - Shane, Milk, Mebert, Sushi, UK, WLK, Ritz, 500, Smitty

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wlk's team a lot and had him as one of my top threats. Magic will get his but I like Payton on him who was one of the best defensive players at the PG position ever. Then KG and Hakeem are huge mismatches, all my big guys are very athletic, defensive-minded and could be overwhelming for WLK's bigs. I think that is the biggest mismatch in this matchup. I do like Webber though. Van Lier can keep Parker somewhat in check and something Parker hasn't experienced with the hand check. We both have two guys that can takeover on the 1st and 3rd units with Havlicek and Gervin but I just think there is too much of a mismatch for my bigs over his and my guys lockdown on defense in the 4th.

I got my guys winning a close one.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane in a close one also.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Shane did here and can see why people would pick but I still think I win and here's why... 1&3 I win 3 of the 5 matchups, in fact Iceman is going to see both wing defenders and both are elite but he is still the better player... And while I think Dwight is better as well, I think the stretch I get from both bigs won't allow him to camp in the post which takes away some of his defensive presence... I think I start with a solid lead and again push in the 3rd... 2&4 matchup I think I win 3 of the 5 again, Mullin vs Allen is close in terms of talent no way can Mullin keep up with Allen moving in and out... I think Allen has a huge game... I also think Dream has a good game but I think with Pip guarding King that already limits him and the biggest problem I find is the Magic vs Payton matchup... First at 6'4 Magic has 5 inches on him in the post and while Payton is a great defender Magic +5 inches is so much to deal with even for a great defender like Glove... And again forget about the help when Magic has the ball... But more importantly Payton has shot 18 to 20 times per game for a season 6 times, 4 of those years he he was jacking up 4-6 3pters per at around 32%... Meaning he's looking to get shots... Magic was never over 14 shots per... Meaning I'm going to get more out of my team IMO and I think McAdoo makes Dream work a little harder and keeps him from being able to stay low... Because of the reasons above, I think Shane's 2&4 may try to pull it out but comes up short... I got me in a close one...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is by far the closest match-up IMO, both teams are strong. I like WLK's 1/3 more, and I like Shane's 2/4 more. I think Magics 2/4 group can play Shane's stronger group a closer game, so I gotta go WLK by a hair

WLK

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Shane did here and can see why people would pick but I still think I win and here's why... 1&3 I win 3 of the 5 matchups, in fact Iceman is going to see both wing defenders and both are elite but he is still the better player... And while I think Dwight is better as well, I think the stretch I get from both bigs won't allow him to camp in the post which takes away some of his defensive presence... I think I start with a solid lead and again push in the 3rd... 2&4 matchup I think I win 3 of the 5 again, Mullin vs Allen is close in terms of talent no way can Mullin keep up with Allen moving in and out... I think Allen has a huge game... I also think Dream has a good game but I think with Pip guarding King that already limits him and the biggest problem I find is the Magic vs Payton matchup... First at 6'4 Magic has 5 inches on him in the post and while Payton is a great defender Magic +5 inches is so much to deal with even for a great defender like Glove... And again forget about the help when Magic has the ball... But more importantly Payton has shot 18 to 20 times per game for a season 6 times, 4 of those years he he was jacking up 4-6 3pters per at around 32%... Meaning he's looking to get shots... Magic was never over 14 shots per... Meaning I'm going to get more out of my team IMO and I think McAdoo makes Dream work a little harder and keeps him from being able to stay low... Because of the reasons above, I think Shane's 2&4 may try to pull it out but comes up short... I got me in a close one...

I think it is a close matchup regardless but I think my team and mainly bigs can exploit the biggest mismatches. While Magic will get his no matter what, Payton did a great job of checking the best including MJ. Aldridge does have the size to guard KG, but he isn't the defender to hang with KG. McAdoo would get absolutely abused by Hakeem. He has 5 inches on him. Now as far as the 1 and 3 you do win 3 matchups but Van Lier can limit Parker somewhat. Gervin and Havlicek both bring the big time scoring threat that unit needs but Amare has at least the athletic ability to not let Webber go off which is a key in the 1 & 3. While Dandridge isn't the guy I wanted at first he fits in well and made a 1st team all defensive team so he is no slouch either. Either way of the outcome you built a damn good team and your pieces fit well I just think my bigs are too dangerous and I win a close one. :suds:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a close matchup regardless but I think my team and mainly bigs can exploit the biggest mismatches. While Magic will get his no matter what, Payton did a great job of checking the best including MJ. Aldridge does have the size to guard KG, but he isn't the defender to hang with KG. McAdoo would get absolutely abused by Hakeem. He has 5 inches on him. Now as far as the 1 and 3 you do win 3 matchups but Van Lier can limit Parker somewhat. Gervin and Havlicek both bring the big time scoring threat that unit needs but Amare has at least the athletic ability to not let Webber go off which is a key in the 1 & 3. While Dandridge isn't the guy I wanted at first he fits in well and made a 1st team all defensive team so he is no slouch either. Either way of the outcome you built a damn good team and your pieces fit well I just think my bigs are too dangerous and I win a close one. :suds:

It's 3 inches, but Dream is better... However McAdoo is no slouch, he had a 3 year stretch of 32.1 ppg 13.8 rpg 2.5 blks... And MJ is 6'6", Payton is 6'4", Magic is 6'9" that's a huge difference... More than anything it's 1&3 where I have the bigger advantage... But again, you do have a great team... :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 3 inches, but Dream is better... However McAdoo is no slouch, he had a 3 year stretch of 32.1 ppg 13.8 rpg 2.5 blks... And MJ is 6'6", Payton is 6'4", Magic is 6'9" that's a huge difference... More than anything it's 1&3 where I have the bigger advantage... But again, you do have a great team... :suds:

It is more about size it is about athletic ability and a defensive presence. The Dream outweighs him by 45 pounds and the fact Hakeem is an elite defender McAdoo's value is less affective. Magic has size on Payton but Payton was a very versatile and pesky defender and if Magic tries to go in the paint he has two all-time great defenders and rim protectors waiting. Ray and Mullin equal out except defense edge to Mullin. Then we go to the 1-3, Parker has the edge but Van Lier is the defender like you have Sloan as a defender except Gervin is a far more of a mismatch than Parker-Van Lier bc Gervin is an all-time elite scorer. Havlicek would also be a mismatch for me but Dandridge has the size and athletic ability to guard him. Overall 1-3, you have the advantage but Gervin is best out of all the players...now 4 and 5 Webber has the advantage but Howard has the advantage just as much as Webber does if not more. Laimbeer was tough but Howard in his prime was a beast. Not a huge mismatch but even to keep it close. Like I said it could go either way, I just think by bigs overall can win this game and Payton limit Magic as well as my great defending bigs.

Also, I was looking at matchups and you were the last team I wanted to face lol.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder this game is tied, wow... Whoever wins this matchup is probably going to win the entire thing. I need more time I have changed my mind four times and feel bad writing either name...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane. He drafted 85% of the players I had #1 on my list so hard for me to vote against him and luckily I don't have to. WLK always has a strong basketball team but I think shanes is slightly better this matchup. However it could be said shane drafted 85% of the players I had #1 which normally means shane drafted poorly. :D

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder this game is tied, wow... Whoever wins this matchup is probably going to win the entire thing. I need more time I have changed my mind four times and feel bad writing either name...

Then write Ritz instead of either those 2 names so you don't have to choose. Its the election you have Hilary, Trump and just say fuck it and vote for the 3rd party.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more about size it is about athletic ability and a defensive presence. The Dream outweighs him by 45 pounds and the fact Hakeem is an elite defender McAdoo's value is less affective. Magic has size on Payton but Payton was a very versatile and pesky defender and if Magic tries to go in the paint he has two all-time great defenders and rim protectors waiting. Ray and Mullin equal out except defense edge to Mullin. Then we go to the 1-3, Parker has the edge but Van Lier is the defender like you have Sloan as a defender except Gervin is a far more of a mismatch than Parker-Van Lier bc Gervin is an all-time elite scorer. Havlicek would also be a mismatch for me but Dandridge has the size and athletic ability to guard him. Overall 1-3, you have the advantage but Gervin is best out of all the players...now 4 and 5 Webber has the advantage but Howard has the advantage just as much as Webber does if not more. Laimbeer was tough but Howard in his prime was a beast. Not a huge mismatch but even to keep it close. Like I said it could go either way, I just think by bigs overall can win this game and Payton limit Magic as well as my great defending bigs.

Also, I was looking at matchups and you were the last team I wanted to face lol.

You're saying the size of Dream trumps but ignore Magic has 5 inches and 35 pounds on Glove... And how in the world does Mullin have a defensive edge over Ray Allen... Do you honestly believe Mullin can keep up with Ray Allen running in and out of the screens...? Also what bigs do you have in the paint to help on Magic...? My bigs are both money to about 18 feet... There is way to much spacing to help, plus King has no chance vs Pip... He's what a 3rd option maybe 4th guarded by Pip and on the other side he has no chance... I agree D-12 is a beast but he's got to respect Laimbeer outside... All else fails we can put him on the line...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying the size of Dream trumps but ignore Magic has 5 inches and 35 pounds on Glove... And how in the world does Mullin have a defensive edge over Ray Allen... Do you honestly believe Mullin can keep up with Ray Allen running in and out of the screens...? Also what bigs do you have in the paint to help on Magic...? My bigs are both money to about 18 feet... There is way to much spacing to help, plus King has no chance vs Pip... He's what a 3rd option maybe 4th guarded by Pip and on the other side he has no chance... I agree D-12 is a beast but he's got to respect Laimbeer outside... All else fails we can put him on the line...

King doesn't have to be a go-to scorer like he was in the league, also you will have to help with my bigs there will be no other choice. You really think Aldridge and McAdoo can even limit KG and Hakeem. KG and Hakeem were elite defenders, Mcadoo and Aldridge can shoot from outside but my bigs are greats that can both defend 15-20 feet out and have very quick feet. King has mid-range, Mullin was all-around scorer and deadly from 3 just like Allen, Payton could shoot the 3. I have more go-to scorers and overall more defense on this unit especially from the 4-5 position.

I think Hakeem would go off for 40 in this matchup. I am not saying McAdoo wasn't worth a shit but it is just a bad matchup for him. Hakeem abused greats that were his size but now you are talking about a guy that didn't defend well plus he is giving up size. Eventually, you will have to do something when they throw into the post to KG or Hakeem and there is no answer, just like if you post Magic up there is really no answer.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King doesn't have to be a go-to scorer like he was in the league, also you will have to help with my bigs there will be no other choice. You really think Aldridge and McAdoo can even limit KG and Hakeem. KG and Hakeem were elite defenders, Mcadoo and Aldridge can shoot from outside but my bigs are greats that can both defend 15-20 feet out and have very quick feet. King has mid-range, Mullin was all-around scorer and deadly from 3 just like Allen, Payton could shoot the 3. I have more go-to scorers and overall more defense on this unit especially from the 4-5 position.

I think Hakeem would go off for 40 in this matchup. I am not saying McAdoo wasn't worth a shit but it is just a bad matchup for him. Hakeem abused greats that were his size but now you are talking about a guy that didn't defend well plus he is giving up size. Eventually, you will have to do something when they throw into the post to KG or Hakeem and there is no answer, just like if you post Magic up there is really no answer.

Bob McAdoo averaged 1.5 blocks and 1 steal per game for 13 years... And your insinuating your bigs can be at 2 places at 1 time... Also I doubt Dream gets 40 for the simple fact Glove shoots way too much for a PG if you plan on getting 40 from any other person... Matters not I think that's 5, I still think you're over valuing your guys strengths while dismissing mine... No way in the world Mullin evens out Ray Allen in this matchup... He's my second or 3rd biggest mismatch and the 2 guys with bigger mismatches are always looking to share the ball... GG

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is by far the closest match-up IMO, both teams are strong. I like WLK's 1/3 more, and I like Shane's 2/4 more. I think Magics 2/4 group can play Shane's stronger group a closer game, so I gotta go WLK by a hair

WLK
I pretty feeling the same here.

I'll say WLK in OT. Assuming 1/3 comes back out in the 5th.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McAdoo averaged 1.5 blocks and 1 steal per game for 13 years... And your insinuating your bigs can be at 2 places at 1 time... Also I doubt Dream gets 40 for the simple fact Glove shoots way too much for a PG if you plan on getting 40 from any other person... Matters not I think that's 5, I still think you're over valuing your guys strengths while dismissing mine... No way in the world Mullin evens out Ray Allen in this matchup... He's my second or 3rd biggest mismatch and the 2 guys with bigger mismatches are always looking to share the ball... GG

GG. I thought you had a top 3 team in this draft and I just think it came down to 4th quarter elite defense. We both have it but just in different areas.