• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decade 24 Minute Draft Championship : UK vs Shane

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

1st & 3rd
PG - Gail Goodrich - 60
SG - Earl Monroe - 60
SF - Joe Johnson - 00
PF - Pau Gasol - 00
C - Dave Cowens - 70

2nd & 4th
PG - Dennis Johnson - 70
SG - Kobe Bryant - 90
SF - Glen Rice - 80
PF - Dirk Nowitzki - 90
C - David Robinson - 80

VS

SHANE

1st & 3rd
PG - Norm Van Lier 60
SG - George Gervin - 70
SF - Bob Dandridge 60
PF - Amar'e Stoudemire - 00
C - Dwight Howard - 00

2nd & 4th
PG - Gary Payton 90
SG - Chris Mullin - 80
SF - Bernard King - 70
PF - Kevin Garnett - 90
C - Hakeem Olajuwon - 80

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK - 4
SHANE - 7

VOTED - UK, Shane, Milk, Mebert, Femur, Sushi, WLK, Smitty, 500, Tlance, Nos

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship game, so obviously two good teams. I like my 1st and 3rd much better than Shanes, the only guy I'd worry about at all is Gervin. Both teams have a great 2nd and 4th, but I feel mine works together much better.On the other end, with Rice and Dirk, Kobe, Admiral, I just think I can get an open look every time. Good Luck to Shane either way, Great Job:thumb:

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 1 & 3 is one of the biggest mismatches for him IMO. I have Van Lier guarding Goodrich. Earl vs Gervin, The Iceman has a big advantage, probably the biggest mismatch from the 1 & 3. Amare and Howard, it's just too much athleticism for Pau and Cowens, great players and Pau and Cowens will get theirs but probably will be overwhelmed with the power and athleticism after getting dunked on over and over lol.

Now the 2 & 4 lineup. Kobe with get his, but you one of the best perimeter defenders guarding him in the Glove and life will be hard. My guys are also excellent at pick-and-roll defense so it should take options away for their offense. KG vs Dirk, how is Dirk going to guard KG. We have seen what Hakeem does to the Admiral and he has dominating him over and over. Rice guarding King, I doubt he could stop him. Payton and Mullin could have some trouble but there will be no answer for Hakeem and KG so it should open things up for my shooters and playmakers. I got me.

Great team UK! Good luck

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I already lost to Shane when he ran out a non full strength team, I also would have lost to UK. I think this is a case of the 2 best teas making it to the Finals, which is always nice. This has nothing to do with the matchup, I am just talking at this point.

As for the Rosters I think UK might have the 1,3 advantage, but Shane has the biggest mismatch. Shane wins the front court for 2,4 but Mullin has nowhere to hide. He is the biggest issue I have in the matchup overall. He already is out classed athletically on the perimeter, and I don't think putting him on DJ is going to do anything but make the gap more apparent, and while he is switching on Defense he still has Kobe on him on Offense as UK did not switch. Despite preferring Shanes 2,4 front court quite a bit more I think that Mullin piece is a bit too much to overcome.

UK

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uk

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Shane by a very narrow margin. I think for his 1st and 3rd, what really puts him over the top is the elite scorer in Gervin. For the most part the other guys matchup fairly well. In a game with more physicality, I think Dwight thrives. With his build and game style, he was built to play in a different generation.

For the 2nd/4th I think it's very, very close. Kobe is Kobe, but Payton will guard him about as well as you could realistically expect anyone to. You could expect UK's team to attack Mullin, but how do you think that would go over with Kobe not getting the ball often? LOL.

I think what sets Shane over the top on 2nd/4th was the fact that Hakeem owned David Robinson for the majority of their careers. Add to that KG would be one of the few guys capable of guarding Dirk on the Perimeter or in the post, it takes a lot of his strengths away. Defensively Dirk has never been great and I don't think he keeps up well with Garnett here too.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in here feeling the same way as Mebert, but after further review and taking in some of what Sushi said I'd have to agree... Payton did as good a job on MJ in the finals as anyone could and I can see him doing so vs Kobe... I think Mullin has always been Shane's biggest problem but again he's not going to hurt him very much here as DJ isn't a huge scoring threat when you have Kobe, Admiral and Dirk he's not going to get enough touches to make the advantage big enough IMO...

I'd give 1&3 to Shane by a hair in because Ice but maybe 1 point per quarter giving him a 1'point victory... Shane by 1

2 great teams, I was pissed losing to Shane but I thought these 2 were just lower than mine...:heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in here feeling the same way as Mebert, but after further review and taking in some of what Sushi said I'd have to agree... Payton did as good a job on MJ in the finals as anyone could and I can see him doing so vs Kobe... I think Mullin has always been Shane's biggest problem but again he's not going to hurt him very much here as DJ isn't a huge scoring threat when you have Kobe, Admiral and Dirk he's not going to get enough touches to make the advantage big enough IMO...

I'd give 1&3 to Shane by a hair in because Ice but maybe 1 point per quarter giving him a 1'point victory... Shane by 1

2 great teams, I was pissed losing to Shane but I thought these 2 were just lower than mine...:heh:

Honestly, I thought your team, Meberts' team and UK's team depending on the matchups all had chances to win it all along with my team. I had to face all of your great freaking teams lol. I think we had some of the closest voting matches that I have seen since I have been doing these things, other than when we could tie. If you could have pulled out the victory vs me you could have very well won it all, same with Mebert.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shane made a great coaching move by putting Payton on Kobe. For that reason, I am voting Shane. Very close game.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, ive been looking at this matchup all day. People have been talking about the size difference in 1/3. Howard and Amar'e are bigger but not as much as you'd think, the biggest difference is Joe Johnson and Dandridge, Johnson has him by over 40 pounds, I think Gervin is probably the difference in 1/3 although its still amazingly close.

For me and this is just my opinion it comes down to the 2/4

Mullin shouldnt be a factor but then again Rice probably wont be either. Payton should be able to do a respectible job on Kobe although Kobe will still get his. I just think the 4-5 is where this would be decided and KG is the perfect player to play Dirk, he has the length to keep a hand in Dirk's face outside and is quick enough to not let him by. Olajuwon is the best center ive ever seen and I believe he has a real advantage over Robinson but Robinson will make him work on the defensive end, bringing him away from the basket to open up passing lanes but whos there to take those passes? Most of UK's team plays away from the basket.

I said a couple rounds ago whoever won the WLK vs Shane matchup would win it all and I still think that. But again these are excellent teams and its very difficult to seriously pick one over the other, if I thought about this matchup until tomorrow I could probably think of a reason why UK wins but.

I got Shane.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, ive been looking at this matchup all day. People have been talking about the size difference in 1/3. Howard and Amar'e are bigger but not as much as you'd think, the biggest difference is Joe Johnson and Dandridge, Johnson has him by over 40 pounds, I think Gervin is probably the difference in 1/3 although its still amazingly close.

For me and this is just my opinion it comes down to the 2/4

Mullin shouldnt be a factor but then again Rice probably wont be either. Payton should be able to do a respectible job on Kobe although Kobe will still get his. I just think the 4-5 is where this would be decided and KG is the perfect player to play Dirk, he has the length to keep a hand in Dirk's face outside and is quick enough to not let him by. Olajuwon is the best center ive ever seen and I believe he has a real advantage over Robinson but Robinson will make him work on the defensive end, bringing him away from the basket to open up passing lanes but whos there to take those passes? Most of UK's team plays away from the basket.

I said a couple rounds ago whoever won the WLK vs Shane matchup would win it all and I still think that. But again these are excellent teams and its very difficult to seriously pick one over the other, if I thought about this matchup until tomorrow I could probably think of a reason why UK wins but.

I got Shane.

I didn't even realize Johnson was 240...damn. Roided up

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell, that's two NBA drafts in a row for Shane!