• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decade 24 Minute Draft 3rd Place : Tlance vs Mebert

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLANCE

1st & 3rd
PG - Dave Bing - 60
SG - Manu Ginobili - 00
SF - Grant Hill - 90
PF - Chris Bosh - 00
C - Mark Eaton - 80

2nd & 4th
PG - Jason Kidd - 90
SG - Jerry West - 60
SF - Julius Erving - 70
PF - Dennis Rodman - 80
C - Bill Walton - 70

VS

MEBERT

1st & 3rd
PG - Tiny Archibald - 70
SG - Lou Hudson - -60
SF - Andre Iguodala - 00
PF - Kevin McHale - 80
C - Ben Wallace - 90

2nd & 4th
PG - John Stockton - 80
SG - Dwyane Wade - 00
SF - Paul Pierce - 90
PF - Bobby Jones - 70
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 60

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLANCE - 7
MEBERT - 4

VOTED - Shane, UK, Mebert, Milk, Smitty, Sushi, Femur, 500, Tlance, Ritz, Nos

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both great teams.

Have to go with Mebert on this one.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a terrible matchup for TLance..Eaton's value is D, but Wallace isn't a scorer. I guess he could play him on McHale, but nobody can stop McHale down there. Rodman's value is D and rebounding, same song, different verse. KAJ kills Walton on 2/4

Mebert

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, Ben Wallace V Eaton and Bobby Jones V Rodman. A whole lot of defense there defending no offense for both of us.

Out team structure is shockingly similar for all 4 quarters. I like my team a little more though.

Mebert!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, Ben Wallace V Eaton and Bobby Jones V Rodman. A whole lot of defense there defending no offense for both of us.

Out team structure is shockingly similar for all 4 quarters. I like my team a little more though.

Mebert!!!

Yep, pretty much the picture perfect matchup for you.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got TLance but only because he bought be an e-hot chocolate

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go with Tlance.

For this particular matchup I think Tlance would have been better served switching Rodman and Bosh. Rodman would have guarded McHale excellently, and Bosh would be much better served pairing with a big man like Walton who could pass.

As is I still think Tlance team has the edge. Even if you have Bosh straight up against McHale, because Wallace isn't a threat offensively, Eaton could easily hedge double (have to double and not hedge because of illegal D) and leave Wallace open at all times. Offensively, Tlance has 3 great ball handlers and passers in Bing, Ginobili and Hill who could all run a P&R with fluidity. Bosh being able to step out and the three, opens up the floor. This squad would resemble a poor man's current Warriors team, with a little less outside shooting.

Again for the 2/4 Matchup, Rodman would be an instant double team to Kareem's side because Bobby Jones isn't a threat. The biggest edge here is Dr. J against Pierce.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go with Tlance.

For this particular matchup I think Tlance would have been better served switching Rodman and Bosh. Rodman would have guarded McHale excellently, and Bosh would be much better served pairing with a big man like Walton who could pass.

As is I still think Tlance team has the edge. Even if you have Bosh straight up against McHale, because Wallace isn't a threat offensively, Eaton could easily hedge double (have to double and not hedge because of illegal D) and leave Wallace open at all times. Offensively, Tlance has 3 great ball handlers and passers in Bing, Ginobili and Hill who could all run a P&R with fluidity. Bosh being able to step out and the three, opens up the floor. This squad would resemble a poor man's current Warriors team, with a little less outside shooting.

Again for the 2/4 Matchup, Rodman would be an instant double team to Kareem's side because Bobby Jones isn't a threat. The biggest edge here is Dr. J against Pierce.

While I think Erving is a big edge, I think the biggest edge is Kareem over Walton. Wade and West is a wash IMO, not saying they are the same caliber player but they have the same style of play for the most part. Stockton-Kidd, both great PG's and all-around players but the edge goes to Stockton. Rodman-Jones favors Rodman on the boards but they both are great defenders and don't provide much scoring so not much in either favor.
On the 1 & 3 unit it is a pretty much a wash at every position, both lineups are similar, except McHale vs Bosh, I think McHale would have the edge bc of his play on the block.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Erving is a big edge, I think the biggest edge is Kareem over Walton. Wade and West is a wash IMO, not saying they are the same caliber player but they have the same style of play for the most part. Stockton-Kidd, both great PG's and all-around players but the edge goes to Stockton. Rodman-Jones favors Rodman on the boards but they both are great defenders and don't provide much scoring so not much in either favor.
On the 1 & 3 unit it is a pretty much a wash at every position, both lineups are similar, except McHale vs Bosh, I think McHale would have the edge bc of his play on the block.

Your edge I feel is a bit based more on 1-1 comparisons, rather of how their play can be countered. McHale is a beast in the post, but when you have Eaton to double because of Wallace as a non-threat, it negates a lot of his greatness. Alternately, you couldn't really say the same for Bosh being able to bring McHale out on the perimeter.

From a 1-1 perspective of course the biggest edge lies with Kareem. But again with Rodman being able to double because of another non-threat, it at least causes disruptions to Kareem. Basically you would want to challenge Jones to beat you on the defensive end. Offensively, there's not much the opposition can do to counter the Dr. J, Pierce matchup, which is why I said it was the biggest edge.

IMO.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your edge I feel is a bit based more on 1-1 comparisons, rather of how their play can be countered. McHale is a beast in the post, but when you have Eaton to double because of Wallace as a non-threat, it negates a lot of his greatness. Alternately, you couldn't really say the same for Bosh being able to bring McHale out on the perimeter.

From a 1-1 perspective of course the biggest edge lies with Kareem. But again with Rodman being able to double because of another non-threat, it at least causes disruptions to Kareem. Basically you would want to challenge Jones to beat you on the defensive end. Offensively, there's not much the opposition can do to counter the Dr. J, Pierce matchup, which is why I said it was the biggest edge.

IMO.

With these teams especially the double team works both ways. Wallace does not need to fear Eaton and Jones does not have to fear Rodman. I think you are right, my team would be better server by having Iggy in the 2,4 in this matchup. However, Pierce was not a slouch either. DR. J has the advantage for sure, but I don't know if it is greater than KAJ over Walton.

Our teams are damn near duplicates. This whole match up does seem to come down to What do you prefer, DR.J, Walton or Pierce, KAJ. Even that is a coin flip I think.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO.

The thing is even if you double and you have great passing big men and great players, you will find an open man. That's why these drafts do come down to 1-on-1 play. It is hard to tell bc everyone will see the matchup differently, this matchup was close don't get wrong. Both had great teams though so it could go either way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a terrible matchup for TLance..Eaton's value is D, but Wallace isn't a scorer. I guess he could play him on McHale, but nobody can stop McHale down there. Rodman's value is D and rebounding, same song, different verse. KAJ kills Walton on 2/4

Mebert

Um... Hello, exact same is true in reverse. Why is this a bad matchup for me and not Mebert?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With these teams especially the double team works both ways. Wallace does not need to fear Eaton and Jones does not have to fear Rodman. I think you are right, my team would be better server by having Iggy in the 2,4 in this matchup. However, Pierce was not a slouch either. DR. J has the advantage for sure, but I don't know if it is greater than KAJ over Walton.

Our teams are damn near duplicates. This whole match up does seem to come down to What do you prefer, DR.J, Walton or Pierce, KAJ. Even that is a coin flip I think.

I agree Mebert. Our teams are very similar. Still trying to figure out how this is a terrible matchup for either of us.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

West over Wade is a pretty big edge, IMO.