• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dec 23, Warriors at Lakers, 7:30 tipoff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt we should at least have a game thread for this game. From what I'm hearing from the Warriors' team and Kerr, they are blaming this website for not starting a Game Thread on the game. Apparently they felt that if we felt that it wasn't important enough to take a minute or two to start a game thread that it wasn't important enough for them to compete in the game.

As you all know, I can't be blamed for not starting the GT because I have been asked to refrain from this duty otherwise conferred upon the long(er) time members.

Having said that, I feel that is we could have just gotten a few more good looks from 3 to Leandro "don't leave him open from three!' Barbosa, we could have pulled this one out.

While Curry had a pretty nice offensive game going in the game yesterday, he had 4-5 really bad turnovers.

I bet those poor Lakers who've had to play with Kobe "gimme the damn ball and get outta my way" Bryant were happy to be able to play sans Bryant last night. Also, with Bryant occupying the ball so long as he's making his one on one moves, I'm sure it was a welcoming change of pace to know that the ball might be thrown to others on the court for an open shot. I really think that Kobe should stop shooting the ball so much when he does get back into the lineup. Last night's game should have made an impression on him, but with his ego, I can't say for sure if it will impact his style of play. He's probably still basking in the glow from recently passing MJ in career points. I don't even know if Bryant could go to a team that is competing for a championship (or close) and not disrupt team chemistry.

Okay, Go Warriors!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without having seen or heard anything about the game except the final score and that Bryant didn't play, I'd say the Dubs got caught unprepared and looking forward to the Clippers and that they didn't hustle and didn't rebound.

I think that is probably pretty close to what happened. A game they clearly should have won but didn't, but one positive is that I bet this doesn't happen again for quite a while since they saw what happens when you don't come in prepared to play. We'll just mark this down in the "Shit Happens" column and move on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is really the first real stinker of the year we've had. Oh, Curry had 7 TOs in the game. If the game had been closer, I think that Curry could have poured in 40 or more. About every time he decided to keep the ball and score, he did. He did a good job again at getting FE involved. Ezeli continue to progress offensively, though for a guy his size he gets his shot blocked a decent number of times.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah last night was a collective bad effort from the team. Even with Curry's hot shooting, he made some terrible decisions and lazy passes. Yesterday was probably the worst/most ineffective game I've seen Draymond Green have since his rookie year. Ezeli got hampered by an ankle injury in the second half. The team in general just looked lethargic.

There really is no need to go over any film on this one. The Warriors just flat out played terribly. Give the Lakers some credit though. They came out and executed. They played with intensity and energy the Warriors didn't match. They deserved to win yesterday.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah last night was a collective bad effort from the team. Even with Curry's hot shooting, he made some terrible decisions and lazy passes. Yesterday was probably the worst/most ineffective game I've seen Draymond Green have since his rookie year. Ezeli got hampered by an ankle injury in the second half. The team in general just looked lethargic.

There really is no need to go over any film on this one. The Warriors just flat out played terribly. Give the Lakers some credit though. They came out and executed. They played with intensity and energy the Warriors didn't match. They deserved to win yesterday.
If you want to be careless with the ball in The Association, then any other team on a night where they're knocking down their shots can and will beat you. Kerr should be able to use this loss as a teaching tool to re-emphasize the need to be focused and selective for every second you're on the court if you want to be the best.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been noted that the Lakers are like +13 points/100 possessions without Kobe and -11 with him on the floor. Basically Kobe is single-handedly killing the Lakers. He's running the franchise as a personal stats generator. What a clown show.

Ws had a stinkeroo, they happen, every team has had them. They'll have 1 or 2 more this year.