• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deal #2 pick?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Lakers will take Ingram with the 2nd pick in tonight's draft. I believe he will be a solid player in the NBA but with the holes the Lakers have, should they deal the #2 pick to say Atlanta for their picks or a combination with other teams. The Celtics have 8 picks in the draft. They are #3 so the dropoff of one place wouldn't net as much but it is interesting. What do you guys think? Pick Ingram or go for depth?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have Ingram than Atlanta's two picks. The C's might be trying to trade for a vet with a couple of their picks, so I think it unlikely they would trade up to #2. However, if they covet Ingram - I could be willing to trade down to #3 and pick up #16. I'd have to be convinced that the potential player at #16 is better than I can get on the market. I don't think that's the case this year, but we'll see.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this year's draft, you don't trade the #2 pick for lower picks unless you are getting an established NBA player in return. Ingram can be a star. #3 and lower not so much. Boston looks to be trying hard to trade #3 for an established player and are having trouble. I think that says something about the talent level after Simmons and Ingram.

I think it is more important at this stage for the Lakers to build that strong young core than depth. Ingram slides perfectly in with the group that the Lakers have already.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield's stock is dropping a bit. I suspect it'll be Ingram and obviously they keep the pick.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL NO - There is no way hell a trade for even the best player on the planet for the #2 pick makes the Lakers contender. They need to raise the children up and once they are mature players, then the Lakers will have something that they attract free agents or use to trade for in the event that they aren't as good as hoped. Too early for trades. I wouldn't trade shit until the free agency is over and I see if I could get lucky. If the Lakers signed a Kevin Durant and Whiteside, then yes a trade would make sense

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this year's draft, you don't trade the #2 pick for lower picks unless you are getting an established NBA player in return. Ingram can be a star. #3 and lower not so much. Boston looks to be trying hard to trade #3 for an established player and are having trouble. I think that says something about the talent level after Simmons and Ingram.

I think it is more important at this stage for the Lakers to build that strong young core than depth. Ingram slides perfectly in with the group that the Lakers have already.

Depth is what you push for when you are close enough to make a run in the playoffs - Lakers are years away right now. If we get lucky in free agency - then the conversation would exist. That's the way I feel about it