• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dead offseason thread - surprising predictions?

C

cubzzzfanincali

So, since this board is dead, and we are coming up on camp, anybody care to speculate about surprising developments to occur during camp? Like trades, cuts, someone coming out of nowhere to gain a starting role?

I'll go out on a limb here and go first and make three. Willie Young gets traded to some team that suffers an injury to their DE during training camp. Bushrod gets moved to RT and they start Long at LT. Jordan Mills gets cut outright.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is going to come out and have a great year, but the defense will have holes in it that will be exploited. We will either make it as a wild card or barely miss the playoffs. Then next year Cutler will suck harder than a prostitute getting paid triple time when everyone expects the Bears to be very good.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Long is the answer at left tackle but it would be a good move to get Bush rod over at LT. it would lengthen his career. The LT is a question mark though.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see a Young trade- but Not sure if he's going to be healthy in time for camp??
What would you want back? (most likely draft picks, as players don't typically move)

I can see Langford <is that his name? Rookie RB being a quality find in Gase's Offense.
Kevin White will be in the Rookie of the Year conversation
And Defense will better, but still not good. *we will see some exotic pressures and some life from the D... but also some big plays will be given up with blown assignments and wide open WR's. There will be flashes.

Last year at this time we were all so excited... then they laid a turd... I'm hoping that it's opposite this year. It will be a VERY difficult opening month but hopefully they can string together some wins mid year and start clicking right before a playoff push.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...

Taking their schedule in consideration, I say the Bears start the season 1-5 and people will say, "well, the Bears suck. We all knew that." Then they will go on a terror at the end of the season, possibly ending 6-10 or 7-9. Analysts will say, "that John Fox, he sure knows how to turn a team around." There will be high expectations next off season, kinda like what is happening to Minnesota now, and just like the Vikings will do this season, the Bears will not perform to expectations in 2016.

Then in 2017, the Bears will begin stomping everyone and pundits will say stuff like, "they just came out if no where."

It's called rebuilding.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But heaven knows analysts and sports commentators don't understand the meaning of rebuilding.

But in all likelihood, watch the Bears stomp everyone out this season. At least that is my wet dream. It gets me through the off season.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...

Taking their schedule in consideration, I say the Bears start the season 1-5 and people will say, "well, the Bears suck. We all knew that." Then they will go on a terror at the end of the season, possibly ending 6-10 or 7-9. Analysts will say, "that John Fox, he sure knows how to turn a team around." There will be high expectations next off season, kinda like what is happening to Minnesota now, and just like the Vikings will do this season, the Bears will not perform to expectations in 2016.

Then in 2017, the Bears will begin stomping everyone and pundits will say stuff like, "they just came out if no where."

It's called rebuilding.

Problem is, finding a QB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea makes the probowl. Bears d ends up in top half of league.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears play Green Bay very tough in week one.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yes, but, who gets busted for cocaine distribution?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone on this board, will agree, on one thing this season. I don't when, or what it will be, but everyone will agree on something. It has to happen at some point right?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone on this board, will agree, on one thing this season. I don't when, or what it will be, but everyone will agree on something. It has to happen at some point right?
Fuck off bitch. I ain't agreeing with this board on shit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but, who gets busted for cocaine distribution?

IMO, if anyone in the NFL is getting busted for possession of a lot of blow. It has to be Frank Gore. 32 years old, 2500 career carries and still averaging over 4 YPC???

No way… I've got money that says this guy's been hitting the slopes hard for quite a few years during halftimes.