• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

De Bore Musings

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know it's obvious that I dislike Pete DeBoer. One of the reasons why I can't stand him is his awful communication skills. Most of this began when Pete confidently said that he will put his best lineup out every game immediately before he starts Brodeur over Schnieder, dresses Harold as a forward, and experiments with 7 Dmen.

In honor of his poor communication skills, I bring to you an ongoing thread dedicated to ridiculous comments by Pete.

To start it off:

referring to new lineups with Ruutu:
“I’m hoping that works and we’ll be able to keep those lines together for the next 19 games, but we’ll see what happens,”

Sorry Pete! you have trouble keeping lines together throughout a game let alone 19 in a row.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Corey ever allowed 7 goals in a game?
Horrible defense tonight. Bad positioning and everything else.
Hope it would be one nightmare to be forgotten asap.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe the reasoning behind the goalie starts is Pete having a strong preference to wins over other stats. I don't have a quote but I believe he said something along those lines at the start of the season.

Naturally, with his incompetence, he doesn't realize that starting Cory against the SJ sharks is not the same as starting Marty against the Panthers.

Ironically, his incompetence skews his preference for wins so we get the shitshow goalie controversy that has been going on all season.