• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis On The Way Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel (1st) and McCown (3rd) were drafted?

So draft position is more important than overall performance? How many 300 yards games does Manziel have? I bet McCown has no more than fingers on my hand

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So draft position is more important than overall performance? How many 300 yards games does Manziel have? I bet McCown has no more than fingers on my hand
OMG, I'm sure history has something to do with it, these men who decide these things have careers are on the line. I'm sure they have some 'inaccurate' matrix they look at regarding these things.

Bottom line, these guys get evaluated in practice. when they show something special, they will get noticed most times.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, I'm sure history has something to do with it, these men who decide these things have careers are on the line. I'm sure they have some 'inaccurate' matrix they look at regarding these things.

Bottom line, these guys get evaluated in practice. when they show something special, they will get noticed most times.

So out of all the back ups starting this week... Who would you want over Davis?

Weeden
Claussen/Fales
New Orleans back up?

:behindsofa:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Davis would be a nice fit in Dallas. :nod:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me I think that there was some sort of clash between Austin Davis and our wr's.

Do you guys remember the game last year(I believe the Dallas game) where Jared Cook dropped a easy TD pass thrown by Davis? Afterwards, on the sideline, there was a little push and shove match where Jared Cook came up to Davis! It ended up with our d-line breaking it up. Not much was said about it, but that was a close game that we should have won! If Cook catches that pass, we probably would have won the game. We lost momentum at that point.

IDK... maybe its just me, but I thought that the coaches love for Austin Davis sort of went out the window at that point. Thoughts?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft position definitely has an impact on who is kept on a roster. Draft capital is not thrown away without deliberation, too much invested.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Zeke, I do remember that game. Everyone knows Cook is one of Fisher's boys and when Davis got into it with him, Fisher didn't think that was too cool. Fact of the matter is, Cook has been dropping passes on a consistent basis his entire tenure with the Rams even though he does make some good catches just enough to keep his job. If I were an incoming head coach, I dump Cook's ass and his over-inflated salary and I would have kept Alex Bayer to insert into significant playing time.

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Zeke, I do remember that game. Everyone knows Cook is one of Fisher's boys and when Davis got into it with him, Fisher didn't think that was too cool. Fact of the matter is, Cook has been dropping passes on a consistent basis his entire tenure with the Rams even though he does make some good catches just enough to keep his job. If I were an incoming head coach, I dump Cook's ass and his over-inflated salary and I would have keep Alex Bayer to insert into significant playing time.

Jared Cook and Kenny Britt were both drafted by Fisher in 2009 when he coached in Tennessee. Britt went in round 1 and Cook in round 3. So yah Fisher would probably take side with these guys over Davis! These guys haven't really lived up to their potential either.

I agree that Jared Cook is overpaid/overrated and when the going gets tough, what does he do? He drops a pass that could have moved the chains or a possible score. In that Cowboy game Jared Cook blew up on the sidelines and went right after Austin Davis. IDK....maybe Davis said something wise to him for it. If that's the case maybe Davis is to blame. Anyways he is gone and Cook is still here dropping passes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of frikin Britt. This was the guy that couldn't find the third down marker on a pass-play in the preseason game that Marshall and Torry Holt lit him up for it especially being a vet in the league for 7 years. That's O.K. in Fisher's eyes since Brit is another of Fisher's boyz and it was only preseason.

Trouble is, as both Marshall and Holt pointed out in their commentary, pulling that kind of BS play in preseason DOES carry over to the regular season. Habits are formed in practice and the preseason as I have often asserted. I agree with Marshall and Holt on that point alone. Maybe that is the same mentality that contributed to last week's lack of effort.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was gung-ho about needing to keep Britt, but I would've preferred to add a true #1 type in the draft and let him walk truthfully. That would give Bailey more snaps to boot. Hopefully Quick is back on the field soon...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Bailey and Quick develop into a great WR starting tandem but I am not sure Quick has the physicality to be in that position. Dude can't stay healthy. Givens is playing better and he hardly sees the field but Cook and Britt are out there for every snap, way more than the aforementioned receivers. I don't know who is getting the say on this front, but we are not using our personnel effectively and that is one of the many reasons our offense continues to falter-that and the O-line is very young and has not gelled yet.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So out of all the back ups starting this week... Who would you want over Davis?

Weeden
Claussen/Fales
New Orleans back up?

:behindsofa:

it really is a simple question. I could care less where a player is drafted, what I care about is if they can play. How did it work out for the Rams and Sam Bradford at #1 overall? Lol

So for the 5th time - Which back up QB you going with ??

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook is still here dropping passes
And getting blown up in Pass pro and getting blown up as a half back on running plays and getting blown up in tight on running plays. :L

Are there any Cookie fans around here?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And getting blown up in Pass pro and getting blown up as a half back on running plays and getting blown up in tight on running plays. :L

Cook is worthless. And if he was on New England or Buffalo he would be benched no matter what his draft position was or how much money he's making if he sucks that bad

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook is worthless. And if he was on New England or Buffalo he would be benched no matter what his draft position was or how much money he's making if he sucks that bad

I think that this is something that we can all agree on!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got blown up a couple of times against Washington!! :exploding:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what's worse: those who obsess over Sam Bradford or those whose obsess over a third string QB. Both aren't on the team, yet that's all you people care to talk about. We're playing the Steelers in a critical early season game, yet the Davis & Bradford obsession is what's getting all the attention. And people wonder why the fan base is a joke in STL.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what's worse: those who obsess over Sam Bradford or those whose obsess over a third string QB. Both aren't on the team, yet that's all you people care to talk about. We're playing the Steelers in a critical early season game, yet the Davis & Bradford obsession is what's getting all the attention. And people wonder why the fan base is a joke in STL.

The Rams fan base is a joke? Wow man. Pretty strong words to many people that have followed a joke of a team for the last decade.

Don't get all pissy and cry cuz you are wrong. We are just talking about QBs here. I asked a few times which back up QB starting this week you would take over Davis. I know... Such an obsession :wank:

Make sure you keep your helmet on 24/7 so u don't hurt yourself.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why don't you chill out there RF88 and cease these characterizations that have little basis. You seemed to have overlooked your contributions to your assessment of obsession with Davis and Bradford and the characterizing the Rams Fan base as a "joke". Does that characterization include you since you contributed mightily to this thread and the topic at hand? To put it bluntly, you are outside the major negativity thread to call the fan base a name. This is your first warning.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well as I have already stated, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT DAVIS, If you don't like it, don't read it, if you are tired of it, don't read it, if you have nothing to add to it, dont read it! What part of that don't you get?

As I've also already said, for being a newbie you aren't making a very good impression with others on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.