• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dana's Letter

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana Holgorsen Says Farewell to WVU

The man has class. I will miss seeing his passion on the sideline, I will miss his humor, like the time he tweeted the # Sweet Caroline post that time telling Pitt to eat SHIT. After the Texas game, we had got the personal foul for putting the Horns Down, He said we could give them another hand Gesture that looked a lot like the state of WV. There was so many times he had them remarks.

I wan't to see him do good, and I hope this works out for everyone involved.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Mike!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This last few sentences in this article kind of sums it for me. Whether you like the guy or not, he transitioned our program into the Big 12. No he didn’t win a Conference Championship and with the read of the tea leaves, moved on without the drama we all experienced with RR move and some with Stewart.

As in each Mountaineer game, I’m higher than the sky with each victory and rock bottom with each loss. Being at the OU game with my youngest brought me back almost 34 years ago when we beat the hated Joe Paterno led Nittany Lions. The result wasn’t the same but I felt good about our program because we were toe to toe with our krypton. I done know how to explain it, but we were right there. Blame it on the 2 defense TDs, Dana foregoing the early FG, the mysterious pass interference calls, the blocking out of bounds call, or the lack of tackling; whatever you choose, we were still there. Still standing.

No Balls appears to have landed a good coach and an apparent good man. Congratulations to Lyin’ Shane Lyons. Time to move on. Good bye and good luck to Dana; hello to Neal Brown and good luck guiding my Alma. Welcome to WVU. Just as with the rest of the coaches, I will live and die with each victory and loss. Above all...Let’s Go Mountaineers.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I was hoping for Dana to have a special season and move on to a better opportunity.

We didn't have a special season, and Dana moved on to a better opportunity for him and his future. UH provides him better security over the next 4-5 years. UH is not the school I was hoping to see him move onto though.

I will always be a Dana fan. Like all of us, he had his flaws. But, he did so many endearing things for WVU and provided a lifetime of memories for me and my family.

I support whomever is the HC of WVU. I will be rock solid behind Neal Brown.

Dana's letter closes one chapter of our novel. We've turned to the next chapter...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s to bad the blind hillbillies that no matter what win or lose were never see any positives of what Dana did for the program. Like I said I wished we had won a few more games. But I loved his passion. His gunslinger go for broke mentality. The Texas Game this year will forever be burned in my mind as one of the greatest victories in Wv history. And I’ll never forget the look on Dabo Swinney’s face after the Orange Bowl...priceless

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The man has class. I will miss seeing his passion on the sideline, I will miss his humor, like the time he tweeted the # Sweet Caroline post that time telling Pitt to eat SHIT. After the Texas game, we had got the personal foul for putting the Horns Down, He said we could give them another hand Gesture that looked a lot like the state of WV. There was so many times he had them remarks.

Yep, best of luck to the lad but I DO think it worked out for best for pretty much everyone involved, minus some assistants ect.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always supported Holgs. He did a great job and lead us to a few great wins. He really started with a bad rep with the HCIW. We had the Stew lovers and those who would not let go of RR. I knew a few people who never accepted him.
Nobody has anything to be mad about. Holgs helped make the transition to the B12, helped build a roster deep enough to compete, and had some great wins. For WVU with our talent base, just being competitive in the B 12 is a big accomplishment.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So reading some other boards..people are still not satisfied..saying the only reason he wrote this is because of the video that Brown put out saying good bye to the fans at Troy..that it wasn't sincere...WTF!..god I hate so many of our clown fanbase..

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana isn't exactly the outgoing type. If he didn't mean it he wouldn't have wasted his time doing it. He's gone and no one in Houston will give a shit if he jilted some hillbillies. So as I see it, the only reason for Dana to say anything is because he genuinely wants to.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he would have taken time to write it if he didn't mean it, I think he genuinely IS grateful to have been here, that he was given the opportunity to learn the HC job here.