• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dallas @ Pittsburgh 11/13

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. But you are forgetting we would have all fought for Romo this year too going into the year:noidea:

But what if Wilson stepped in and played better than Lee? Then we may say keep him on the bench if he wasn't healthy or the player he used to be. but, this is a forced comparison...remember you only play one QB at a time so not really a good example. You can play multiple LBs. We would play Lee AND Wilson...

That wasn't directed at you. We have others on here that think very highly of Lee. My point was Lee didn't play in 2014 and our D was actually pretty good, granted the offense killed it in TOP and kept them off the field. Our Lbs were McClain, Durant, Hitchens. After the season we know Lee is coming back so we let Durant walk. Someone could have easily said hell cut that injury prone Lee guy and keep Durant. It would save us tons. Can you imagine the crap that guy would have gotten for saying that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give them Romo for a quality draft pick. But who will be their QB after the first 5 games???
You had better hope we aren't on the schedule those first 5.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not even close and I'm not dumb, I knew you were going there dude. Is Romo arguably the best ever??? No, he is not. He is a good QB and Dak is a good QB. Right now Dak is better than Romo today. Right now Elliott is better than Emmitt today. Emmitt's career is well above Elliott's and is almost a stone cold lock to stay that way. Dak versus romo for a career still goes to Romo, but it looks like it could be a neck and neck battle and I wouldn't be at all suprised if Dak surpasses him and by a lot.

But again, I've only ever compared Dak of today to Romo of today. So you are getting cute trying to twist the argument and my statements. I'll say it again so there is no confusion, on 11/14/16 Dak is a better Football player than Romo.

You have seriously high expectations for Dak.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give them Romo for a quality draft pick. But who will be their QB after the first 5 games???

Jets got Favre with a 3rd rounder. I would charge Wash more because they are inner division.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even know if Romo would be available for the first game lol I am all for trading Romo for good draft picks.

Why wouldn't he be. He is ready to go right now. I doubt he plays so how can he get hurt.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I have to go watch my son drop his 2nd triple double in a week, while the other bangs in about 25- so it's all good for me. I will revisit this BS later

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I have to go watch my son drop his 2nd triple double in a week, while the other bangs in about 25- so it's all good for me. I will revisit this BS later

Kidding but I do have a middle school game to go to. I didn't want anyone to think I was ducking anything

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't directed at you. We have others on here that think very highly of Lee. My point was Lee didn't play in 2014 and our D was actually pretty good, granted the offense killed it in TOP and kept them off the field. Our Lbs were McClain, Durant, Hitchens. After the season we know Lee is coming back so we let Durant walk. Someone could have easily said hell cut that injury prone Lee guy and keep Durant. It would save us tons. Can you imagine the crap that guy would have gotten for saying that.
Don't we ALL think very highly of Lee???
I know what you were saying and explained why it was a poor example and really just wrong IMO. Durant did not play better than Lee would have and even if he did we would just play both. That is the difference. Dak isn't playing over Romo just because the team is doing well. Dak is playing over Romo simply because this week the team thinks he will play better than Romo would play if he were to be inserted into the lineup instead.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had better hope we aren't on the schedule those first 5.
Why? If that were to happen we would be playing with the guy that this team picked to be the better QB and we would also have a high draft pick or some other compensation on our side and possibly a FA we could get with the salary saved. Advantage us IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have seriously high expectations for Dak.
Or perhaps you have an unreasonable view of Tony Romo as a Football player:noidea:

I've never said what Dak will or won't be. I've been waiting for him to not be clutch and not pull out a game all year that I've grown accustomed to this team losing over the last decade (even with the same shoddy two minute defense we all blame those previous losses on) and instead choke away a game we could have won. Still hasn't happened.

I'm not sure what my high expectations are for Dak. I said as of now Romo still looks like he will have the better career and only that it looks like it will be close and it could go to Dak. Imagine if Romo played Week 1 of his NFL career instead of sitting and learning for a few years? Dak is playing like a top 5 QB in the league and he's still a baby that's learning the game. I don't expect that to continue, but if it does he will go down as the better player and yes, right now for this week he is a better player. I don't see anything at all unreasonable there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome that they are doing well. You should be proud. Have fun at games.
Hopefully Mom teaches them some humility...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Romo argument from me today. You know where I stand. No sense debating it anymore. You wil spin it your way. I will spin it mine.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Romo argument from me today. You know where I stand. No sense debating it anymore. You wil spin it your way. I will spin it mine.
The only difference is I'm not "spinning" anything. It's 2016, not 2014

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you spin your share and play the hypotheticals as well. Nothing wrong with that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was kidding about the triple double. They did play well though. It's a fun time. Just getting a lot of unwanted pressure from football coaches

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we ALL think very highly of Lee???
I know what you were saying and explained why it was a poor example and really just wrong IMO. Durant did not play better than Lee would have and even if he did we would just play both. That is the difference. Dak isn't playing over Romo just because the team is doing well. Dak is playing over Romo simply because this week the team thinks he will play better than Romo would play if he were to be inserted into the lineup instead.

By the wAy, I totally disagree with this.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the humility remark - if u go back to the post, you will see that the next post will say I was kidding.