• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curtis Granderson, why?

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a center fielder, and really, with the recent addition of Chris Young, we have 3 CF's. How 'bout ugrading at SS and SP I just don't get the Mets front office at times. :L

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a very legitimate bat and I anticipate he'll play RF. Aside from the fact that we need all the outfield help we can get and Granderson is a solid, well rounded player, landing a big name FA brings respectability back to a franchise that has been severely lacking that in recent years. Maybe we don't make a huge free agent splash after him this year but down the road, maybe next offseason, it let's agents and players know the Mets are for real.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 33 years old and has been hurt the last two seasons. Sound familar? The Mets can do better than this guy. We don't even have a solidified SP rotation or a bonfied SS last I checked, I think that's where the focus should be. Also, Ike Davis needs to be traded as soon as possible and with that, I am not sold on Lucus Duda at that position either. So first base is a concern to me as well. Way too many holes to fill on this team.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 33 years old and has been hurt the last two seasons. Sound familar? The Mets can do better than this guy. We don't even have a solidified SP rotation or a bonfied SS last I checked, I think that's where the focus should be. Also, Ike Davis needs to be traded as soon as possible and with that, I am not sold on Lucus Duda at that position either. So first base is a concern to me as well. Way too many holes to fill on this team.

And they probably won't be filled overnight, have to be patient. Next year is the year. The starting rotation is still pretty solid, a vet addition to eat innings would be nice. 1B while not great is not a giant weakness to the team. SS needs to be addressed for sure and we need help in the bullpen. Outside of Parnell and Black there aren't many dependable guys. It's possible some of our young arms can fill spots in the rotation and bullpen. I don't think the situation is nearly as dire as you make it seem.

Last edited by a moderator:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see his price tag but he can be a good asset on your team. He obviously strikes out too much but he does have good power and still has decent speed. He is an adequate defensive outfielder as well. I think he will improve the Mets if he stays healthy.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12:15 pm: The Mets and Granderson are “engaged in negotiations” (Carig).

My guess is this is wrapped up by the end of the day. I like it, still wanna hear the price.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont worry they havent signed him yet Im sure he is just using us to up his value.