• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delaplane looks like a real winner…
I still cannot figure out why he was added back to the 40 man roster earlier this month. He has yet to make his big league debut. Did he really have an opt out if they didn't add him by then? I don't know why else they felt the need to add him. Now, it looks like he'll spend two half seasons on the 60 day IL with the Giants.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, both LaMonte Wade and Steven Duggar are on rehab assignments with Sacramento. Wade has gotten into 2 games so far and is 1 for 5. I assume he'll be activated soon. Duggar, meanwhile, started his rehab assignment on June 2nd. Through 13 games, he is hitting .200/.265/.289. Assuming the rehab stint is still 20 days maximum for position players, the Giants have to make a decision on no later than Thursday. I have to wonder if he just gets dfa'd.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The veteran shortstop was walking normally in the clubhouse after the game, but he will undergo an MRI exam on Wednesday. Manager Gabe Kapler said they'll likely give Crawford a couple days to recuperate.
"Structurally it looks fine," Crawford said after the game. "MRI tomorrow just to be sure, but I think it'll be OK

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decision day tomorrow for Steven Duggar, unless his rehab was abruptly halted on day 19, due to some undisclosed minor injury.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duggie may be a #foreverexgiant soon.

I think you are right (unless Gonzalez gets put on the IL, then I could see Duggar getting another week or two to show something. Maybe, but FZ is a wild card).

And I just saw this . . .

As I think about this further, here are the facts I see that make me reconsider whether Duggar has any possible time left on the 40 man roster:

• Gonzalez just got placed on the IL
  • Walton was called up to replace Gonzalez
  • Wade should be ready to go soon
  • The outfield is already crowded
  • and Duggar has struggled in his rehab assignment
I think Duggar is done as a Giant.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I think about this further, here are the facts I see that make me reconsider whether Duggar has any possible time left on the 40 man roster:

• Gonzalez just got placed on the IL
  • Walton was called up to replace Gonzalez
  • Wade should be ready to go soon
  • The outfield is already crowded
  • and Duggar has struggled in his rehab assignment
I think Duggar is done as a Giant.
Sad to say, but I think you are right.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Baggs:

I'm hearing the Giants have a deal in place to send Steven Duggar to the Texas Rangers for infielder Willie Calhoun. Today was the action day after Duggar's rehab assignment ended.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Baggs:

I'm hearing the Giants have a deal in place to send Steven Duggar to the Texas Rangers for infielder Willie Calhoun. Today was the action day after Duggar's rehab assignment ended.
Um…

why?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not on the 40 and has 1 option remaining. Better than nothing, I guess. But not much better.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not on the 40 and has 1 option remaining. Better than nothing, I guess. But not much better.
Agreed. And, surprise, he is not a middle infielder! Playing solely left field and DH during his time in the big leagues (he last played 3 games at 2nd in 2019 at AAA). Yet another reclamation project. Couldn't we have at least gotten a C level prospect for the lower levels? Do we really need another outfielder for AAA?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of the churn. Not saying it doesn’t work, it is just not a fun style to root for.

It just rubs my nose in the fact we are rooting for laundry.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of the churn. Not saying it doesn’t work, it is just not a fun style to root for.

It just rubs my nose in the fact we are rooting for laundry.
Not sure if it works without a huge number of players coming and going. Its the "let's throw everything on the wall and see what sticks" form of roster building. Most guys are moved without really knowing what the team has. But it looks great when a couple of the players do stick.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it works without a huge number of players coming and going. Its the "let's throw everything on the wall and see what sticks" form of roster building. Most guys are moved without really knowing what the team has. But it looks great when a couple of the players do stick.
With a video game mindset, it works great. No getting emotionally attached to a computer generated player.config file.

But when you place everything on the first impressions of a HUMAN BEING over a 3 day period, you are just the Oakland A’s with a budget (which FZ has not used since joining).

I used to look at A’s fans and wonder how they could do it. I still do that, but I also look at Giants fans while wondering.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a video game mindset, it works great. No getting emotionally attached to a computer generated player.config file.

But when you place everything on the first impressions of a HUMAN BEING over a 3 day period, you are just the Oakland A’s with a budget (which FZ has not used since joining).

I used to look at A’s fans and wonder how they could do it. I still do that, but I also look at Giants fans while wondering.
It will get old fast if the team doesn't continue to win like last year.