• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current list of players that have visited Atlanta before the draft

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State (PRO)
  • Arik Armstead, DT/3-4DE/DE, Oregon (COM)
  • Vic Beasley, DE/OLB/3-4OLB, Clemson (PRI)
  • Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma (WOR)
  • Nick Boyle, TE, Delaware (SR)
  • Sam Carter, S, TCU (EW)
  • Justin Coleman^, CB, Tennessee (EW, INT)
  • Landon Collins, S, Alabama (COM)
  • Paul Dawson, OLB/ILB, TCU (PRI)
  • Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (SR)
  • B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (EW)
  • Dante Fowler Jr., DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (COM)
  • Devin Gardner, QB/WR, Michigan (EW)
  • Corey Grant, RB, Auburn (INT)
  • Chaz Green, OT, Florida (WOR)
  • Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (SR)
  • Chucky Hunter, DT, TCU (EW)
  • Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson (SR)
  • Devin Mahina, TE, Brigham Young (SR)
  • Denzel Perryman, OLB/ILB, Miami (SR)
  • Shane Ray^, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Missouri (PRI, WOR)
  • Addison Richards, WR, Regina (EW)
  • Aaron Ripkowski, FB, Oklahoma (EW)
  • Austin Shepherd, OT, Alabama (PRO)
  • JaCorey Shepherd, CB, Kansas (SR)
  • Blake Sims, QB, Alabama (COM)
  • Terrell Watson, RB, Azusa Pacific (WOR)
  • Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn (WOR)
  • Zach Zenner, FB/RB, South Dakota State (EW)

Thoughts? Again, I still like Armstead at our position in the first round. Beasley may be an option as well. Jay Ajayi would be a solid late pick for RB. I see ATL trying to find a guy who can punch it in on the goal line since Freeman and Smith are relatively small backs.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't think Fowler is going to be available but I expect us to draft him over Armstead if given the opportunity.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't think Fowler is going to be available but I expect us to draft him over Armstead if given the opportunity.

Interesting...maybe they knew already...I see Gregory is not on that list. IMO that pushes Dupree into the top 10.

If Quinn stays in a 4-3 front...Ray makes the most sense as that quick edge guy...if not him I think Dupree.

Maybe Armstead can play 4-3 DE, but on paper he looks like a 3-4 DE with his size.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...maybe they knew already...I see Gregory is not on that list. IMO that pushes Dupree into the top 10.

If Quinn stays in a 4-3 front...Ray makes the most sense as that quick edge guy...if not him I think Dupree.

Maybe Armstead can play 4-3 DE, but on paper he looks like a 3-4 DE with his size.
After failing another drug test Gregory is likely going to fall to the 2nd or 3rd round (kind of similar to what happened to Justin Houston). Arthur Blank has said publicly he doesn't want people with off of the field issues so it is possible we aren't even considering him in any round. Armstead's only move would probably be a straight bull rush, I think there are more polished DEs but it's hard to ignore the size. Beasley may be a gamble but he could potentially be the next Von Miller.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After failing another drug test Gregory is likely going to fall to the 2nd or 3rd round (kind of similar to what happened to Justin Houston). Arthur Blank has said publicly he doesn't want people with off of the field issues so it is possible we aren't even considering him in any round. Armstead's only move would probably be a straight bull rush, I think there are more polished DEs but it's hard to ignore the size. Beasley may be a gamble but he could potentially be the next Von Miller.

Gregory...3rd would be huge...even though I think it sets a bad example, I think he still goes in the 1st round...there is some talk of NO @ 13...probably a certainty @ 31...NE will not leave that kind of talent on the board either @ 32.

IMO ATL is too high (pardon the pun) to take Gregory with this hanging over him, but if somehow he was still sitting there at 2.10...they have to take him then.

The top 5 picks will dictate the board for ATL.

My guess as of today.

1.TB...Winston
2.TN...Leonard Williams
3.JAX...Fowler
4.OAK...Cooper
5.WAS...trade with PHI...Mariota...if not PHI, I can see CLE moving up
6.NYJ...Beasley
7.CHI...Shelton
8.ATL...Dupree

If WAS doesn't trade out of 5th, they probably will go edge rusher or I can see them taking OT Flowers or Scherff. If they go with an edge guy...chance are they gamble on the upside potential of Dupree. Ray might be the pick for ATL.

We shall see.