• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs @ Pirates May 21-23rd

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice to see that they were able to give Grilli the night off and still eke out the win! Liriano has been superb so far! Huge boost in the arm for this team.

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know it' early, but there should be 6 Pirates being strongly considered for the ASG:
Marte, McCutchen, Martin, Melancon, Burnett, Grilli. Another 1.5 month of strong starts and Liriano should be a candidate as well. A lot can change in the next 1.5 months, but to have that many players performing well at this point in the year is exciting. Also, I think the offense has a lot more in them than they have shown so far. McCutchen seems to be kicking it up and the rest of the lineup should be able to feed off him.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ramburgh,

Too bad Pedro just seems stuck in quicksand... All that power and he gives at bats away. I am going to be watching Liriano to see what he does between now and the all star game....Liriano might make what 7 or 8 starts between now and then... Would be amazing to see him with 10 wins ( optimistic I know! ).. For some reason I see his name pencilled in to start and I expect a win..

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liriano pitched another gem lets hope he keeps it going.

Etrius it will be interesting to see him the second time around with some of these teams.

As for Alvarez I hope he becomes more than the second coming of Rob Deer. All the power and no average or OBP and way too many K's.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirates are up 4 -1 in the 4th inning of game 3 of this series against the Cubs.

Currently waiting out a rain delay. Let's hope we can get this game in, because I want another W & the sweep!

Burgh

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it just me or does anyone else enjoy Jackson getting blasted after he turned down the Pirates multiyear deal?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was great :D

This 5 game road trip is gonna be tough, 3 @ Brewers then 2 @ Tigers. I just hope we win 2.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does anyone else enjoy Jackson getting blasted after he turned down the Pirates multiyear deal?

It's not just you, The Burgh88. I enjoy seeing it too. LOL!

Something tells me though, that if we can keep playing like this & with what we have in our minor league system, with more help on the way, more players are going to want to come to Pittsburgh to play soon.

Burgh

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Amazing how fast it can turn around when you win a few games... People stop making jokes.. Fans fill the stadium and players want to come to play there.

One of the best stadiums in all of baseball
One of the best young players in all of baseball

Making the post season this year could really be the tipping factor. After that players might start making arguments to come to Pittsburgh instead of arguments to stay away.

What a refreshing change that would be.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how fast it can turn around when you win a few games... People stop making jokes.. Fans fill the stadium and players want to come to play there.

One of the best stadiums in all of baseball
One of the best young players in all of baseball

Making the post season this year could really be the tipping factor. After that players might start making arguments to come to Pittsburgh instead of arguments to stay away.

What a refreshing change that would be.

Amen Etrius, Amen!

Now, let's go into Milwaukee this weekend ready to play & take the series from the HATED Brewers!

Burgh

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well we beat the Brewers and won the series on the road!!! So there you go Burgh.. Any more requests for the team you want fulfilled? LOL