• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs Get Team's First Mascot

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago Cubs listened to their fans and delivered something the franchise has lacked for most of its 138-year history. No, not a World Series championship, their previous being in 1908.

On Monday, the Cubs announced the first official mascot in their modern history -- Clark, a "young, friendly Cub" who wears a baseball cap backward and will greet fans as they enter Wrigley Field.
"The Cubs are thrilled to welcome Clark as the team's official mascot," Cubs senior director of marketing Alison Miller said in a statement. "Clark is a young, friendly Cub who can't wait to interact with our other young Cubs fans. He'll be a welcoming presence for families at Wrigley Field and an excellent ambassador for the team in the community."
As they prepared for a $300 million renovation of Wrigley Field, the Cubs partnered with Northwestern University to conduct a survey and found that there was a desire for the 100-year-old park to be more "family-friendly."
Clark, named after the Clark and Addison intersection where Wrigley is located, will be introduced during a charity appearance Monday night.
The Cubs say Clark's great-grandfather Joa was the franchise's original live Bears mascot in 1916.
The Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Yankees are now the only teams in Major League Baseball without official mascots.

Chicago Cubs introduce first official mascot in modern history - ESPN Chicago

Pretty cool how they listened to the fans!

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need it. Now watch it next we will have races with the mascot.

C

cubzzzfanincali

mascots are annoying. Now, cheerleaders....that would have been an idea I can get behind and support.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cubs had a mascot and he died in 1998....

Corbis-U1522743.jpg%3Fsize%3D67%26uid%3D330fc504-16a1-4c4f-a472-0c73892f3b08

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish its a summer job for benny the bull kind of mascot, but it sure does not look that way if its aimed at kids. Benny would rival the greats of the SD chicken and phillie fanatic. They may have missed if there are gonna be no antics between innings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I file this under irrelevant. I'll have an opinion this summer after my girl goes to Chicago for a few days with her sister, niece and nephew and they go to a game or two. If the kids like it then it's all good. If the kids don't like then the PR person responsible should be held accountable. As for doing things between innings, I have no problem with them shooting a few t-shirts during the 7th inning stretch or doing something semi-entertaining after a HR. However, while the game is being played the bear needs to stay in it's cave/cage/habitat.