• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy Decisions for Playoff Time

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs start this week for my 14 team league. Despite landing the number 1 seed, there is no bye for me. I have some pretty crazy decisions to make at RB, WR and FLEX.

Let's start with the sure things:

at WR1, I am starting Dez Bryant and at RB1 I am starting Forte.

From there, it gets dicey. because I have too many good options. I need to choose 3 of the following 6 and I need at least 1 WR and 1 RB in those 3:

Josh Gordon vs. NE
Vincent Jackson vs. Buffalo
Desean Jackson vs. Detroit
Alfred Morris vs. KC
Knowshown Moreno vs. Tennessee
Shane Vereen vs. Cleveland

Here is how I am leaning now:

VJax
Moreno
either DJax or Vereen

I am planning to bench Gordon despite his elite play because the Pats usually try to take away the other team's best player. Given the QB uncertainty for the Browns and Belicek's likely scheme, I see a potential dud on the way for Gordon

Similarly, the Redskins O has looked bad recently and they have been frustratingly unwilling to give the ball to Morris inside the 5 despite the fact that he is an ideal goal line back. The Skins will likely be behind and KC is pretty good against the run game.

I know it may seem like I am over thinking this, but I have 8 must start options. My opponent has some pretty good match-ups, so I need to get this call right. Thoughts?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your thought process is exactly what I would be thinking... Hard to bench Gordon but with the hoodie & talib on the horizon, he is looking at a much tougher matchup. I expect CLE to lean on the run game more since NE's run defense is non existant. But as for Vereen... CLE has a surprisingly stiff run D. The only reason any back has ran well against them is from a ramped up workload. They wear out as the game progresses. I doubt Brady will have a problem getting into the RZ often, so there is potential. Morris has been very frustrating, but KC's defense is somewhat banged up. I would still try to stay away from him since you have so many options. Moreno is a great option this week since statistically TEN has the best CB duo in the league at the moment (hard to imagine for me). I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I'd go with:
VJax
Moreno
DJax

PS... Need some help making some decisions of my own! I posted a thread about it... "WSIS - Week 14"

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Face.

I agree with you on Cleveland being tough against the run. but Vereen isn't your normal RB either. I am going to do some research on how CLE has done vs. backs like Woodhead and Sproles.

I watched the Eagles play on Sunday and DJax just seems to less involved since Foles has taken over. The passing game as a whole is much better, but Foles seems to spread things around more. That observation is not based on any numbers, just a gut feel so I will have to look into that too.

Thanks again.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're overthinking anything tlance...

I'd go with both Jacksons (Desean's been better on the road, but he should have a day against the Lions)

Moreno and Vereen is a toss up. Ball is certainly making it a toss up, are the Broncos conserving Knowshon? I think I'd go Vereen, because I agree with you that he's not your normal RB to be compared to the Browns' run defense. And totally agree with the Pats taking out Gordon. I wouldn't trust Alf and the Skins for anything from here on out, despite their schedule.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks TKO.

I will feel a lot better about Alf once he gets past KC, but this week is tough.

I think I need to start Djax too since I am playing against Foles.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather in Detroit along with VJax's injury have me second guessing some things. I really want to play Vereen, but I am not sure who to sit.

Do I bench Vjax's hamstring in 80 degree weather?

Or DJax's dream match-up in the snow and ice?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea, but I guess thoughts are coming out of me, so I should share them. Will DJax give 100% in this weather? Something tells me no. If VJax is active, I see no reason to be scared of his hammy. Vereen is always the wild card... does Ridley play this week and go nuts? Wouldn't shock me.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley is active but that effects blount/bolden more than vereen cause he is their passing down back Is your league PPR?:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley is active but that effects blount/bolden more than vereen cause he is their passing down back Is your league PPR?:suds:

No PPR, but the hoodie usually is pretty predictable as far as playing match-ups goes and the Browns do well against traditional running backs. My bet is that Vereen is on the field a lot more than the other RBs and that he gets targeted a lot.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck, so much for all that!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck, so much for all that!

Turned out OK despite Gordon on my bench and Stafford laying an egg. Vereen was awesome in the 4th.

I am up by 25 right now with a lot more firepower remaining than my opponent. Feeling pretty good so long as Cook doesn't erupt.