• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs. Saints

Cej757

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys just gave up an NFL record 40 first downs. Gave up 625 total yards and a whopping 49 points. Second time giving up over 600 yards in a game this year. I don't think any Cowboy fan would have an issue with Kiffin getting fired during the bye. And this is not a knee-jerk reaction. Kiffin has been fucking despicable.

That's what happens when you play zone on every play. 3rd and 12 and you give Colston 15 yards to play with underneath. :L

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only POSSIBLE good news from tonight is that after the Cowboys laid down like a beat down puppy, there's no doubt in my mind JG is getting fired at the end of the season. I only say possible because there's only a slight chance that Jerry will go out and hire someone who can clean up this mess. Looks like 7-9, with the worst cap situation in the league next year. Nice

The only good news that came from tonight's game is the fact we don't have to watch this mediocre, injury-riddled bullshit for another two weeks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know why our defenders can't take better routes on a runner? How many times will someone look like they are on a trailer hitch on crossing patterns? It shouldn't be too hard to figure out that if a player is running towards the side line he will have to turn up field. Why can't these guys learn to angle his route to make the tackle at that turn? I have seen too many of these guys turn at the same spot the WR turns. It's like their playing follow the leader.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't have fired Rob Ryan, but it's water under the bridge now.

I agree, but not because he's been a great defensive mind in the NFL. He was a scapegoat for Dallas last season, and I'm talking about fans, the media, and the organization. He had a very difficult job last season, and all things considered, he did a good job.

There is a ton of denial regarding "talent" in Dallas, and when you throw injuries into the mix, it's pretty obvious they're just not very good. They're probably going to need 2-3 good drafts to really get to where they want to be. I think the assumption that switching to a 4-3 would be a huge improvement has officially been proven to be a pipe dream. Whether they run a 3-4 or a 4-3 base, it doesn't matter either way without depth and the right guys to pull it off.

If this season seems tough, wait until next season. At least one could be cautiously optimistic about the defense this summer. Next year, there's no Spencer or Ratliff to hope for. Hatcher is probably gone. Carter looks like he isn't what we hoped we would be. The safeties are so bad, we've resorted to praying for a rookie to come back this season. Then there's Claiborne . :doh:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but not because he's been a great defensive mind in the NFL. He was a scapegoat for Dallas last season, and I'm talking about fans, the media, and the organization. He had a very difficult job last season, and all things considered, he did a good job.

There is a ton of denial regarding "talent" in Dallas, and when you throw injuries into the mix, it's pretty obvious they're just not very good. They're probably going to need 2-3 good drafts to really get to where they want to be. I think the assumption that switching to a 4-3 would be a huge improvement has officially been proven to be a pipe dream. Whether they run a 3-4 or a 4-3 base, it doesn't matter either way without depth and the right guys to pull it off.

If this season seems tough, wait until next season. At least one could be cautiously optimistic about the defense this summer. Next year, there's no Spencer or Ratliff to hope for. Hatcher is probably gone. Carter looks like he isn't what we hoped we would be. The safeties are so bad, we've resorted to praying for a rookie to come back this season. Then there's Claiborne . :doh:

I agree with this. If you combined the 22 starters Dallas fields each week with the teams they are playing and then put the best players on the field, Dallas wouldn't start more than 7-8 a week on average. Dez, Lee and Ware would start for anyone, Romo(though certainly not last night), Witten, TSmith would start for nearly anyone, after that......

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the story on Holoman? I liked him in the preseason and I don't think he can be worse than Sims. Is he hurt, or could we see him after the bye?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please consider the reality that the Saints have our old D coordinator. Was yesterday really the result of him being that good or because he knew every detail of our strategies, play calling and weaknesses.

Yea... yesterday was bad, especially from a injury standpoint. But the fact is the Div stinks and we are 3-0 in that Div.

If your rate the Cowboys by this game alone, then you also believe the Colts are done. How could they lose 38 to 8 to the Rams?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I believe the Colts will be one in done. The loss of wane has stifled this that offence and it turns out picking up Richardson wasn't such a great move after all.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please consider the reality that the Saints have our old D coordinator. Was yesterday really the result of him being that good or because he knew every detail of our strategies, play calling and weaknesses.

Yea... yesterday was bad, especially from a injury standpoint. But the fact is the Div stinks and we are 3-0 in that Div.

If your rate the Cowboys by this game alone, then you also believe the Colts are done. How could they lose 38 to 8 to the Rams?

That's a two way street though. Jason Garrett and Callahan should know Rob Ryan and his defensive schemes as well. Ryan took what was a mediocre Saints D last year and wore the Cowboys vaunted offense smooth out last night. Not as bad as Brees destroyed our D, but still

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't have fired Rob Ryan, but it's water under the bridge now.

It has nothing to do with firing Rob Ryan and everything to do with hiring a washed-up Kiffin and facing Peyton Manning, Brees, Rivers, RG3, Stafford-Megatron, and Eli Manning before even a bye week. The Cowboys would have scored 30+ last night with above average quarterback play against Ryan's D. Romo was overthrowing open receivers and making bad decisions with the football. On most of Romo's sacks last night, there were receivers like Witten wide open. For as bad as the defense played last night, Romo was equally as awful and was lucky not to throw multiple pick sixes.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a two way street though. Jason Garrett and Callahan should know Rob Ryan and his defensive schemes as well. Ryan took what was a mediocre Saints D last year and wore the Cowboys vaunted offense smooth out last night. Not as bad as Brees destroyed our D, but still

I don't think he wore it out. I think Romo played a very bad game decision-wise. Many people will remember last night for the defensive performance, but I will remember it for that defensive performance and how much of a step back Romo has taken this season. Like I said in the other post, there were receivers wide open for Romo to throw it to. I saw it with my own two eyes after re-watching that awful game. I never realized Romo made so many bad decisions and missed throws with the football in that game until I re-watched it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he wore it out. I think Romo played a very bad game decision-wise. Many people will remember last night for the defensive performance, but I will remember it for that defensive performance and how much of a step back Romo has taken this season. Like I said in the other post, there were receivers wide open for Romo to throw it to. I saw it with my own two eyes after re-watching that awful game. I never realized Romo made so many bad decisions and missed throws with the football in that game until I re-watched it.

I give Ryan a lot of credit for confusing Romo. There were guys running open, but the fact that Romo couldn't find them had more to do with the disguised packages N.O. used than a regression by Romo. Romo hasn't had a lot of trouble with any of the other D's he's faced this year

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....do they put 50 on us? I predict 49-17 just because Payton will call off the dogs out of respect for Garrett and to ensure Garrett and Kiffin hang around in the NFC a little longer!

This may go down as the creepiest post in Sports SportsHoopla history.

How the hell did you hit that right on the button?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Ryan a lot of credit for confusing Romo. There were guys running open, but the fact that Romo couldn't find them had more to do with the disguised packages N.O. used than a regression by Romo. Romo hasn't had a lot of trouble with any of the other D's he's faced this year

Disguised packages is no excuse for the quarterback to not get the ball to open receivers and Romo had plenty of time on most plays to decipher the defense and get the ball to the open man and he didn't. He also had a good running game last night and that still didn't help him. Romo has had trouble with every defense he's faced this year besides the Broncos and Rams. I don't know what games you've been watching. The defense scoring points and the great Special Teams has masked Romo's average quarterback play this year. In the past I could clearly see Romo was the best player on our team and he made plays to help us win games and stay in games. I have not seen that Romo this year much at all aside from the last drive in the Minnesota game and Denver game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may go down as the creepiest post in Sports SportsHoopla history.

How the hell did you hit that right on the button?

That is the most spot-on prediction I've ever seen.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disguised packages is no excuse for the quarterback to not get the ball to open receivers and Romo had plenty of time on most plays to decipher the defense and get the ball to the open man and he didn't. He also had a good running game last night and that still didn't help him. Romo has had trouble with every defense he's faced this year besides the Broncos and Rams. I don't know what games you've been watching. The defense scoring points and the great Special Teams has masked Romo's average quarterback play this year. In the past I could clearly see Romo was the best player on our team and he made plays to help us win games and stay in games. I have not seen that Romo this year much at all aside from the last drive in the Minnesota game and Denver game.

Dude, you can blame Romo for everything. It sure is a popular thing to do.

But Romo is 6th in passer rating, 3rd in TD's 6th in Comp% 6th in yardage ...and the big shocker on 6 ints.
It's clear crystal clear that you have a weed up your ass when it comes to Romo ...and all facts be damned

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't take much to confuse Ware or Romo in big games. Been going on for years. But what the hell, they have awesome stats and deserve to be in the hall of fame, lol.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you can blame Romo for everything. It sure is a popular thing to do.

But Romo is 6th in passer rating, 3rd in TD's 6th in Comp% 6th in yardage ...and the big shocker on 6 ints.
It's clear crystal clear that you have a weed up your ass when it comes to Romo ...and all facts be damned

Never cared about his stats. What does he usually do in big games, CHOKE. Romo has not played well in many games this year. Even in some of the games we've won.