• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coulda been at #2.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a quarter left, but right now TB is up vs NO 20-7. Assuming they hang on and win, we could have been sitting on the #2 pick... But noooo. We had to go win a meaningless game. Hell... Alot of what ifs, but if Tennessee were to come back (they aren't that stupid) could be at #1.

No worries though, We will end up with a good player and someone else will probably aquire multiple picks VIS trade. :yahoo:

Then again, the TB owner is probably on the phone right now with the HC saying... Don't screw this up!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Of course they would screw it up. After watching part of it, they are a trainers I and serve it more than we do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no sense in that plus this year isnt the year to have a number 2

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would guaranteed us L. Williams who is the best defensive player in this draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would guaranteed us L. Williams who is the best defensive player in this draft.

yeah and that will bolt us to the super bowl stop crying about shit you dont have

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but it w got she best defensive palyer in the draft who is crying? You and jy think draft position doesnt matter. lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it mattered for houston didnt it ? best defender in the draft is on IR and career is in jeopardy

we can still get a great player at 5 or even trade down and get more

crying about stuff you cant change now is stupid

we won the game . you cant ask pro's to tank because you never know what will happen with a draft pick

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not asking or expecting them to tank dad. It isn't fair to fans who pay good money to see them. But yes, draft position means something. Williams would be great, but I would have been more interested in giving Cleveland that #2 pick for BOTH of their Top 20 picks and then some...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not asking or expecting them to tank dad. It isn't fair to fans who pay good money to see them. But yes, draft position means something. Williams would be great, but I would have been more interested in giving Cleveland that #2 pick for BOTH of their Top 20 picks and then some...

still can happen at 5 for browns would love cooper

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still can happen at 5 for browns would love cooper

Very true. Teams don't typically trade up that far for a WR but it has happened recently and Cooper seems to be far and away the best this year. Could happen for another player too.
I guess the point I was trying to make is that being in the Top 2 with there being several suitors fothe a QB, puts you in much better position to move the pick. Just like the Rams got us a few years ago.

And Cleveland may be looking more for a QB than a WR. Their QB situation is about as bad as ours.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they just stunk

Meh. The people will never admit to the it, but don't think these teams don't do it. They may not play to lose, but they certainly aren't going all out to win a game. The Bucs admitted they had all kinds a 2nd and 3rd stringers in during the 4th quarter. How does that make sense when you are up and trying to close out the game?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. The people will never admit to the it, but don't think these teams don't do it. They may not play to lose, but they certainly aren't going all out to win a game. The Bucs admitted they had all kinds a 2nd and 3rd stringers in during the 4th quarter. How does that make sense when you are up and trying to close out the game?

how many times have people on this board said "time to play young guys " to see what they have ?

like i said , you cant ask pros to tank games for draft picks

we went out and played the best we could and that is what we should have done

and again the deed is done so why bemoan what might have been ?

we are picking 5th that is what is real

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times have people on this board said "time to play young guys " to see what they have ?

like i said , you cant ask pros to tank games for draft picks

we went out and played the best we could and that is what we should have done

and again the deed is done so why bemoan what might have been ?

we are picking 5th that is what is real

:agree:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok dad, So what gives?? What would you have said if Gruden packed it up, and rolled out all of our scrubs for the 2nd half vs. Philly and we lose that game?? Would you have been OK with that? And a consolation prize for getting young players reps in a meaningless game is the 2nd pick in the draft. I would have been OK with that, but I don't think you would have???

I am not advocating for the players to tank. They aren't going to do that and shouldnt. But there are creative ways to not try and lose, but not trying to win either. Just like Tampa did yesterday.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw the game yesterday. The players did in fact tank

Me? I was fine with knocking the Eagles out of the playoffs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last comment on this

we are where we are . bemoaning the fact that we coulda woulda shoulda is pointless because the deed is done

we draft # 5 overall period

what other organizations do is there business but i feel it is wrong to ask pro players to tank games as well as coaches to get a better draft spot because their careers are on the line and what is put on tape affects them

so there is no use in trying to persuade me because it is a core value of mine and i wont compromise a core value period

truth is no one knows where the better player will come from . all the higher draft choice guarantees you is a chance to get the perceived better player or increase your odds of getting one

and if you are in the top 5 you should be able to get a great player