• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can’t be serious with Shanny there. They just fucking can’t be.

The only way this is acceptable is if the hockey version of this is about to happen:

i say cooler heads make better decisions but shanny has been there so long and its the same.

and that Saddam clip holy shit wow

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managed to listen to a few more clean out day interviews and sorry but I think the entire core is rotten. Rielly might be the only one who isn't absolutely delusional.

Matthews and Nylander both made sure to gripe about the media and "narratives" when discussing Mitch Marner and their support for him. The support part is fine, the narrative y'all wrote. That isn't on the media, fans, etc. You don't get to collect $11 mil/yr and bitch because the world notices you barely lift a finger when games matter.

Matthews also just kinda leaving his injury stuff up there isn't great either. Took a weird hit "and that's all I can really say"? You just signed the biggest annual cap hit contract in the league and sat out 3 important games (3 games in which the team looked infinitely better than the ones he played in, FWIW). It's summer, just tell us wtf was wrong.

Still have no idea wtf happened to Woll.

Nobody was mad. nobody was saying they're sick of this shit. Everybody seemed fine. The audio of Tavares saying "we're close" or whatever is blood boiling. Keefe being "near tears" or whatever after all the dumb lines he had during press conferences during that series means nothing to me.

I'm fine with keeping Nylander and Matthews but also think this team really missed a shot at reshaping everything last summer before all the NMC's kicked in and extensions were signed. This might take another 2-3 years to get right and because of that Tre's already probably failed.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managed to listen to a few more clean out day interviews and sorry but I think the entire core is rotten. Rielly might be the only one who isn't absolutely delusional.

Matthews and Nylander both made sure to gripe about the media and "narratives" when discussing Mitch Marner and their support for him. The support part is fine, the narrative y'all wrote. That isn't on the media, fans, etc. You don't get to collect $11 mil/yr and bitch because the world notices you barely lift a finger when games matter.

Matthews also just kinda leaving his injury stuff up there isn't great either. Took a weird hit "and that's all I can really say"? You just signed the biggest annual cap hit contract in the league and sat out 3 important games (3 games in which the team looked infinitely better than the ones he played in, FWIW). It's summer, just tell us wtf was wrong.

Still have no idea wtf happened to Woll.

Nobody was mad. nobody was saying they're sick of this shit. Everybody seemed fine. The audio of Tavares saying "we're close" or whatever is blood boiling. Keefe being "near tears" or whatever after all the dumb lines he had during press conferences during that series means nothing to me.

I'm fine with keeping Nylander and Matthews but also think this team really missed a shot at reshaping everything last summer before all the NMC's kicked in and extensions were signed. This might take another 2-3 years to get right and because of that Tre's already probably failed.
I've been listening to them while I run reports at work. They really do sound like everything is fine. If they cant change the group I think you need to bring in a new coach for a new vision and voice.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been listening to them while I run reports at work. They really do sound like everything is fine. If they cant change the group I think you need to bring in a new coach for a new vision and voice.
But they did that. They canned Babs for the softie. That didn’t work either.

I don’t know that bringing in another hard nosed coach is going to do anything for this group.

Nylander you know just doesn’t give a shit but he will play well in the playoffs and not dial it down. Matthews I’m not sure has that in him.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the kind of Leaf fans calling for them trade away Marner Rielly etc. then five years from now will be saying the trades were bad.

Kadri couldn't stay here. He fucked the team out of two consecutive playoff runs. He then did the same in his new team before finally managing to not be a goon for one spring. They could've ditched him for a bag of pucks at that time, nobody cared.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN doing Keefe dirty here - I mean, they have to have a better picture on file.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keefe was outcoached in literally every single playoff round the Leafs played in under his watch save maybe, maybe the series vs. Montreal.

I don’t doubt that he’ll get another gig because 1) this is the NHL they’ll give anybody 3 kicks at the coaching can and 2) Dubas is still a manager, but I don’t think you can really call them well coached during this tenure when he was outmatched on a regular basis.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried earlier that they might promote Boucher but I think putting him in charge of the worst playoff power play in history may have shied them away from that. Fingers crossed lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think @sbb122 is warming up his '74 Chevy Nova and getting ready to do a Pittsburgh - Toronto - Columbus run to deliver a head coach for the Jackets lol

1974-chevrolet-nova-ss

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t pretty much a given Chief will be the next coach?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think @sbb122 is warming up his '74 Chevy Nova and getting ready to do a Pittsburgh - Toronto - Columbus run to deliver a head coach for the Jackets lol

Only if @forty_three meets me at Nationwide to make sure Keene arrives safe and sound

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NSFW - language.

One guy looks like he will kick the shit out of you, if you accidentally look at him wrong and the other looks like he is the over aged barista at the starbucks who still lives in his moms' basement.