• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has there been any confirmation or accurate information of what Perry actually did? even a believable rumour?

Just a lot of speculation that it was someone in the Hawks front office (administrative person or possibly someone in the Hawks medical staff). The more disturbing thing to me is that Perry admitted it was likely fueled by consuming too much alcohol yet I don't think Perry formally entered the NHL substance abuse program. You'd think the NHL would force him to complete that program before being eligible to continue his career.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a lot of speculation that it was someone in the Hawks front office (administrative person or possibly someone in the Hawks medical staff). The more disturbing thing to me is that Perry admitted it was likely fueled by consuming too much alcohol yet I don't think Perry formally entered the NHL substance abuse program. You'd think the NHL would force him to complete that program before being eligible to continue his career.

so many redflags again out of Chicago.

what an absolute shitshow.

Last edited:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like this signing of Perry. It’s gonna hurt his HHoF credentials. I was hoping he’d go to the Leafs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so many redflags again out of Chicago.

what an absolute shitshow.
It's still insane to me that Chicago once again is above the rules.

I get that after what they did to Beach and others that any potential PR issue had to be dealt with sharply and harshly but there are rules about what is just cause for terminating a contract and what isn't. And there should be due process and arbitration to ensure it's justified. None of that happened. They just dumped him. And the league was like "Okay. But he can go ahead and sign elsewhere" with no punishment at all. None of that even touches on the hypocrisy of writing glowing recommendations for a r*pist, but immediately sacking a drunk.

And for all that they faced less punishment than Arizona got for talking to guys too early or Ottawa got for Vegas not reading a contract.

I know, it's like beating a dead horse with a broken record to say it, but it still boggles my mind.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still insane to me that Chicago once again is above the rules.

I get that after what they did to Beach and others that any potential PR issue had to be dealt with sharply and harshly but there are rules about what is just cause for terminating a contract and what isn't. And there should be due process and arbitration to ensure it's justified. None of that happened. They just dumped him. And the league was like "Okay. But he can go ahead and sign elsewhere" with no punishment at all. None of that even touches on the hypocrisy of writing glowing recommendations for a r*pist, but immediately sacking a drunk.

And for all that they faced less punishment than Arizona got for talking to guys too early or Ottawa got for Vegas not reading a contract.

I know, it's like beating a dead horse with a broken record to say it, but it still boggles my mind.
when you read all that together its really is infuriating when my team gets nailed for a cap penalty for a legal contract.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That face is on every Post Office wall in Appalachia.

I can't even remember the last time I actually walked into a post office building. Has to be at least 12 years ago. Now you find them at the back of drug stores (London Drugs) and even party supply stores.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even remember the last time I actually walked into a post office building. Has to be at least 12 years ago. Now you find them at the back of drug stores (London Drugs) and even party supply stores.
last time for me was when I was a realtor 10 years ago. everything is in a drug store now

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This conversation is funny because I had to go to a post office yesterday to pick up a new mailbox key (lock on the box was stiff and barely turning) and it was an individual post office not in a London Drugs or Shoppers lol

Dewdney Trunk and 207th in Maple Ridge if anyone wants to see what life was like in Dash’s era.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dewdney Trunk and 207th in Maple Ridge if anyone wants to see what life was like in Dash’s era.

@dash on his way to work

giphy.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comedy here...

Police say a man is in custody after shots were fired and a Molotov cocktail was thrown from the second floor of Edmonton's city hall Tuesday morning.

Officers arrived at the scene around 10:30 a.m. after a public committee meeting was interrupted by the sound of gunshots.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
No comedy here...

Police say a man is in custody after shots were fired and a Molotov cocktail was thrown from the second floor of Edmonton's city hall Tuesday morning.

Officers arrived at the scene around 10:30 a.m. after a public committee meeting was interrupted by the sound of gunshots.

Corey Perry is such a trouble maker

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I believe this...Seems pretty minor for contract termination.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
"made a pass" covers a very wide range of actions.
The devil is in the details.