• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gzxx6hhycgfc1.jpeg

Okay, I mean Seravelli is the kind of shit stirrer that twatwaffle wants to be when he grows up. But damn if it's not easy to believe every word of this.

this_is_fine.jpg
That’s any city that isn’t nice and warm. Who the hell wants to play in Detroit in January but some of the best players to ever live stuck around there for nearly two decades because they were consistently good. Ditto for Boston.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s any city that isn’t nice and warm. Who the hell wants to play in Detroit in January but some of the best players to ever live stuck around there for nearly two decades because they were consistently good. Ditto for Boston.

You can add St. Louis to that list as well - A lot of guys who have played for the Blues tend to hang around St. Louis post-career.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can add St. Louis to that list as well - A lot of guys who have played for the Blues tend to hang around St. Louis post-career.
Three current NHL players for other teams still live here (Gavrikov, Foligno and Atkinson) and Bjorkstrand's wife is from here so they spend a lot of their summers here. You can't swing a dead cat around the rinks around here without hitting a former Blue Jackets player. In the last two weeks alone, I have run into Jody Shelley, JLGP, Mark Letestu, RJ Umberger, Andrew Cassels and Freddie Modin at the rink. 3 of them are coaching and Letestu, Shelley and JLGP all have kids who are playing.

Players love the city. What they hate, apparently, is Jarmo.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three current NHL players for other teams still live here (Gavrikov, Foligno and Atkinson) and Bjorkstrand's wife is from here so they spend a lot of their summers here. You can't swing a dead cat around the rinks around here without hitting a former Blue Jackets player. In the last two weeks alone, I have run into Jody Shelley, JLGP, Mark Letestu, RJ Umberger, Andrew Cassels and Freddie Modin at the rink. 3 of them are coaching and Letestu, Shelley and JLGP all have kids who are playing.

I think like STL, quiet town where your dollar goes a long way and there’s likely a lot of hockey-related activity to keep your days occupied if that’s what you want.

I get it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Next time you see umberger, tell him he's a coont.
"Puckhead says you're a coont"

He'll look at you weird, like he doesn't know what going on, but he'll know.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you actively avoiding Jared Boll? Are you afraid of him?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you actively avoiding Jared Boll? Are you afraid of him?
I've been on the ice with him. He's actually a really nice guy, and real positive with the kids.

Shit hockey player though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Okay, this Jiricek thing is starting to look bad on us. But we need to stand firm on the fact that we need him working on his skating and playing top line, meaningful minutes. Just stick to that script, and it will cool down eventually. Just don't make it worse"

Pascal Vincent:
"He's like an impatient middle school girl, all of the young players are"
xhammjq21mfc1.jpeg

*sigh*

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter didn't want her own car at 13, she just wanted her dad to chauffeur her around lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How it started:
maxresdefault.jpg

How the Jackets think it's going:
54ecf5937e1a5.image.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My daughter didn't want her own car at 13, she just wanted her dad to chauffeur her around lol
We had to force our kid to finally get her license at age of 18.
She had no interest. Of course, we spoiled her way too much with the taxi-on-demand as well.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blue Jackets played a full 60 and record their first shutout in more than 2 years.

Can't wait for the "media" to say that the struggles must be related to Fantilli, how treating Jiricek like Veruca Salt is the right thing and how Elvis only played well because he wants to be traded. Also, Olivier was in, so he's clearly a spark plug.

Truth is, both teams were checked out and mentally in the AirBNBs for the long weekend.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a Martin Erat hanging around Columbus?
A mid-level guy who is never reaching his potential but is dramatically overrated by the fans and team?

WE HAVE DOZENS

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comedy here

Voronkov is our only challenger for the Calder now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of these women played for me for 3 years and is now a peer on the bench with my JV team. Her two older brothers played with my son and her younger brother plays on our JV team now. Nice to see some recognition. Good story.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The internet was a tremendous technological advancement and could have been the greatest thing humans ever created, but in the end it will only be remembered as a medium for awful people to sit in echo chambers, convincing themselves that their shitty opinions and jokes are not only valid, but useful.

Fuck that guy with a chainsaw.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The internet was a tremendous technological advancement and could have been the greatest thing humans ever created, but in the end it will only be remembered as a medium for awful people to sit in echo chambers, convincing themselves that their shitty opinions and jokes are not only valid, but useful.

Fuck that guy with a chainsaw.

Just heard the actual quote. Could not agree more @forty_three

There have always been losers in society, people with mouths that just need to shut up. The internet gives them a platform far in excess of what they deserve.

And yes, I note the irony as I post this on an online message board.