• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goaltenders duel in Columbus tonight.
the game i was at ended 27-22, so a lot of goalie duels around town.

Yes, it was a hockey game. Our club alumni game. It was played for 3 hours and without a lot of tight intensity.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this kid.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is scratched again. Hasn't played in 11 days. And even though the coach said it's due to him having had COVID over Christmas and needing to see if Tarasov can carry a starter's load, people are convinced we were moments away from trading him for Nylander and now have to settle for trading him for Zegras.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is scratched again. Hasn't played in 11 days. And even though the coach said it's due to him having had COVID over Christmas and needing to see if Tarasov can carry a starter's load, people are convinced we were moments away from trading him for Nylander and now have to settle for trading him for Zegras.

You're holding out for Lindholm anyways.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zegras is injured again anyways.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass gonna have a numb ass for a while.

c8l0dpu0htbc1.jpeg

Seriously, double hip surgery at 19? Gonna be a rough road ahead.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Bald Finnish Fuckwit and Bald French Fuckwit are gonna chase away a goalie who has been considerably improved in favor of a guy who cant stay healthy nor consistently stop pucks because first goalie got punchy with the biggest douchecanoe in the league. They legit want their tandem to be Tarasov and Knight?

@dash what we need to add to get Lindholm?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Follow up: Everyone is going crazy saying that "new scenario" HAS to mean Elvis is getting traded because Tarasov is playing.

Asked about it Pascal Vincent said Elvis is "a tremendous goalie" and those decisions are above his pay grade. He said the on-ice personnel decision is to see what Tarasov has in him when carrying the starter's load.

Tonight, Tarasov has given up 6 on 33 shots, three of which blew past him from above the circles.

Maybe the "new scenario" is Tarasov gets traded and Elvis gets 80% of the starts with Spencer or Jet behind him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An I cannot escape the fact that Jarmo has created this situation because he doesn't seem to know what to do about the goalie we got OFF WAIVERS and is alienating the clear #1 because of it.

Hint: put him back on waivers

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis celebrated that shootout victory like he won the cup ... he now wants to leave the building

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis celebrated lthat shootout victory like he won the cup ... he now wants to leave the building

He also said that he needed that win and now he was laughing. He was celebrating like crazy and the team really celebrated it with him.

Another relationship ruined by Jarmo and there is literally nothing in the pipeline in net behind him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was at the game, he stopped just short of pointing at the GMs box but he absolutely celebrated in their direction. Also, the team was all over him and I did notice before every faceoff someone came back and gave him a tap on the pads. If the room hates him, it's not immediately evident on ice.

Elvis gave an interview with Latvian media and there were a few things of note:
- He was incredibly depressed last year and knows he didn't handle himself well and played really badly. He feels he made amends with the team.
- It was about 6 days of being the 3rd goalie before he had to call his agent to find out what was going on. Zero communication to him from the team of why it was happening.
- His time in practice is even cut down

Again, the "third" goalie thing is because Jarmo cannot figure out what to do with the guy they got on waivers..

If the coach or org is not communicating with Elvis that's bad. It's worse when the guy they are not communicating with is a very outspoken big personality in the room. When the room is so young, and having just gone through the Babcock thing, failing to communicate is a death blow. Young guys will look around and wonder when it's going to happen to them. Pascal Vincent has said the situation is above his paygrade. If that is the case, he is a puppet coach and will fail. If it's not, he's lying about alienating an outspoken leader and will fail. Jarmo should not, under any circumstances be allowed to hire another coach. There needs to be a straight up purge before that.

Also, Elvis is an average to above average goalie. Tarasov is looking like a bust and the only other option is a guy who couldn't hang on as backup behind the best defense in the league. When you get outplayed by Casey DeSmith. The AHL guys are Jet Greaves who is 5 foot 7 and, well, not good. We have a decent one in Russia, but no clue when he'll come over or what he will look like when he does. So in order to not handcuff the team as the youth comes together, we need a #1 goalie. So we have to get back a #1 goalie in trade.

And who the fuck that has a #1 goalie is going to want to trade him for our #1 goalie?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, unless the Jackets believe that re-uniting Johnny with Lindy is going to recapture the magic those two had a couple of years ago, I don't think trading for Lindy makes a whole lot of sense.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, unless the Jackets believe that re-uniting Johnny with Lindy is going to recapture the magic those two had a couple of years ago, I don't think trading for Lindy makes a whole lot of sense.
Johnny needs a center who can get pucks from corners and back opposing D off and give Johnny space to create. Elias was that guy in Calgary, but you cannot deny the impact that Tkachuk had in that as well. And the Jackets seem unwilling or unable to let Johnny build that with any of the three young Cs we have (Fantilli, Sillinger and Johnson). And when they do finally put him with one of those centers the off wing is always someone like Danforth or Roslovic.

Personally, I would be willing to give it a chance to work again and put Laine there with them. Boone Jenner is not the guy to drive play, and both Johnny and Patty get themselves out of their game trying to force it.

Laine - Lindholm - Johnny
Johnson - Fantilli - Marchenko

Personally, I'd be fine sending Boone and Sillinger for Elias, signed at 5 years.

Sounds like you need some Samsonov in your life.
If Elvis was to go to Toronto and lead them to the promised land, I would personally burn Nationwide down.

I couldn't imagine the kool-aid drinkers wanking themselves off over getting a "proven" goalie like Samsonov. It would be unbearable. I think Backstrom could help him, but he's gonna take work to get to even where Elvis is now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny needs a center who can get pucks from corners and back opposing D off and give Johnny space to create. Elias was that guy in Calgary, but you cannot deny the impact that Tkachuk had in that as well. And the Jackets seem unwilling or unable to let Johnny build that with any of the three young Cs we have (Fantilli, Sillinger and Johnson). And when they do finally put him with one of those centers the off wing is always someone like Danforth or Roslovic.

Personally, I would be willing to give it a chance to work again and put Laine there with them. Boone Jenner is not the guy to drive play, and both Johnny and Patty get themselves out of their game trying to force it.

Laine - Lindholm - Johnny
Johnson - Fantilli - Marchenko

Personally, I'd be fine sending Boone and Sillinger for Elias, signed at 5 years.
I think they'd be insane to let this management group make any addition at this point. Let them sell off at the deadline, fire them, get new people in and let them rebuild as they see fit.

Lots of good young pieces and if they can sell off guys like Provorov, Jenner and Laine (somehow) there's lots of cap space to play with. One year of patience under someone smart will do this club wonders.