• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am purposely staying off of social media today (Facebook) for the most part because I think I will flip out on somebody.

I guess me and my son are part of the “liberal elites”

I took 29k in loans for his bachelors and masters. He took over 40k.

I’ve been paying since 2015 and still owe 21k. Granted I haven’t paid on it since the pause. He graduated in Dec. 2019 and made one payment before the pause started.

So 10k will help tremendously. But I would pay back every cent as I planned. My gripe is I am paying 7.6% and 6.84% interest rates on the 2 loans that i took on. That’s outrageous.

Anyhow me and him are gaming the system according to these fuckfaces.

The kid graduated with his masters and bachelors simultaneously in 4.5 years. Double major in accounting and sports management. Masters in data analytics. He’s been working for the same company as an international tax consultant since his junior year in college. So the people who want to say he shouldn’t have went to school to major in cat gender studies etc…can kiss my fucking ass.

Also we went to the same school. When I went it was 6k a year. Now it’s almost 50k.

Sorry for the long rant but fuck the conservative pricks that are bashing this.

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God forbid those now with an extra couple hundred per month buying a new car, new house, take a trip or something to put money back in to the economy.
I’m the farthest thing from an economist but given what central banks have been doing this year I’ve been made to understand that this is exactly what we don’t want at the moment?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the government's hands are tied to some extent, just too bad they can't do anything about private education loans.

And FTR, my partner works in public health (not a Dr./nurse, otherwise being intentionally vague, but has many friends and current colleagues who work(ed) for organizations like CDC or community health departments*). She has six-figures of outstanding loans. Damn her and her worthless *checks notes* public health major.

* Many are or will be eligible for relief under the existing public service relief program, but many of the people who end up in those fields have significant loans that are not eligible for that (or this) program.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am purposely staying off of social media today (Facebook) for the most part because I think I will flip out on somebody.

I’ve been paying since 2015 and still owe 21k. Granted I haven’t paid on it since the pause. He graduated in Dec. 2019 and made one payment before the pause started.

So 10k will help tremendously. But I would pay back every cent as I planned. My gripe is I am paying 7.6% and 6.84% interest rates on the 2 loans that i took on. That’s outrageous.

The kid graduated with his masters and bachelors simultaneously in 4.5 years. Double major in accounting and sports management. Masters in data analytics. He’s been working for the same company as an international tax consultant since his junior year in college. So the people who want to say he shouldn’t have went to school to major in cat gender studies etc…can kiss my fucking ass.

Also we went to the same school. When I went it was 6k a year. Now it’s almost 50k.

I wish I had cat gender studies where I studied but instead I now deal with taxes, tax law and the irs on a daily basis.

I’ve got no skin in the game anymore as I paid off my loans in full almost a decade ago but to me this seems fair. I just hope it isn’t inflationary like the opposition party states nor does it incentivize shitty behavior in universities raising rates because of this.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to take out a student loan to finish my university education, but this was back in the late 80's when university (like housing) was still affordable. My wife and I are not wealthy, but we managed to put together some RESP funds for out two daughters to attend university (one is done and the other has two years left). We should provide any and all opportunities for young people (including trade schools) to follow their aspirations and anybody who doesn't support even partial student loan forgiveness needs to have their head examined.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EKgdT1IXkAAaBaz.jpg

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to take out a student loan to finish my university education, but this was back in the late 80's when university (like housing) was still affordable. My wife and I are not wealthy, but we managed to put together some RESP funds for out two daughters to attend university (one is done and the other has two years left). We should provide any and all opportunities for young people (including trade schools) to follow their aspirations and anybody who doesn't support even partial student loan forgiveness needs to have their head examined.

The cost of a higher education is unbearable for a lot of families.

I was lucky where my ex wife and I split the costs. Basically she paid for 2 years and I paid for 2. She had the cash, I didn’t lol. Alex had approximately a 15k scholarship per year and he still had to take undergraduate loans and a graduate loan.

Also the government should be providing these loans interest free. JMO

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cost of a higher education is unbearable for a lot of families.

My daughters have told me several of their friends are not attending university because their families are unable to afford it and even taking out student loans are out of the question. A university degree does not guarantee success down the road, but it certainly helps in opening doors to possible success.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

and now that your son is well educated and on his career path, I'm guessing that he will pay a whole bunch of income tax going forward.
that's a good thing, and certainly better than discouraging students from furthering their educations.

so odd that republicans like to do everything possible to keep the voter base uneducated.

and yes, student loans should be interest-subsidized at the very least.

and TAX THE MOTHERFUCKING CHURCHES

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She put all her eggs in the MAGA grift and now realizing it is all over.

Yep fully expect to find her in some gutter soon.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the time comes, she has a spot reserved next to Ivana at Bedminster.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad if already posted but these maga dipshit hypocrites make me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.