• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0qr6qw3ox9x71.jpg

Say what you want, but you have to respect their ability to get shirts and flags printed so fast.

Not their ability to know what year it is, it seems.
When they realize Kennedy was a democrat
chapelles-show-head-exploding.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until they find out that JFK Jr was a Democrat.

WAS a democrat. That's the key word there, man!

He's learned a lot in the last 20 years. Now he's flat out the smartest man (yeah I said man, not woman or person) in the entire Republican Party.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all perception and the reality of the issues behind it will never truly be seen. Since the focus was all on the protests due to the location of it running over Indian Reservations.

That blame lies on Biden at this point, even though he didn't start it.

1. A pipeline already exists so the oil isn't just sitting there. keystone-xl-pipeline-route-map-overall-2_0.png
2. This is currently an issue and will continue to be one: This type of oil is very dirty and if a leak/spill occurs it will be a very costly environmental clean up.
3. The oil from the sandpits can't be refined into Gasoline. And only can be used in certain plastics and polymers. So it would never change the economy of gas prices.
4. There would be no net benefit of this pipeline until well after Biden was President, or even alive for that matter.
5. The cost benefit really wasn't there. It was marketed perfectly from Trump and the Oil industry that would eliminate reliance on foreign oil and would lower gas prices. Stupid folks from the US fell for it, NOT realizing this is FOREIGN oil and would never be used for Gasoline.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all perception and the reality of the issues behind it will never truly be seen. Since the focus was all on the protests due to the location of it running over Indian Reservations.

1. A pipeline already exists so the oil isn't just sitting there. View attachment 282584
2. This is currently an issue and will continue to be one: This type of oil is very dirty and if a leak/spill occurs it will be a very costly environmental clean up.
3. The oil from the sandpits can't be refined into Gasoline. And only can be used in certain plastics and polymers. So it would never change the economy of gas prices.
4. There would be no net benefit of this pipeline until well after Biden was President, or even alive for that matter.
5. The cost benefit really wasn't there. It was marketed perfectly from Trump and the Oil industry that would eliminate reliance on foreign oil and would lower gas prices. Stupid folks from the US fell for it, NOT realizing this is FOREIGN oil and would never be used for Gasoline.

Not to say that Biden was wrong but point three is partially wrong. Upgrading at one of the biggest oil producers in the oil sands (at least one) produces synthetic crude, which CAN be used to make fuel.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to say that Biden was wrong but point three is partially wrong. Upgrading at one of the biggest oil producers in the oil sands (at least one) produces synthetic crude, which CAN be used to make fuel.
I thought that was not considered economically sustainable due to the process needed to bring in the upgrade agent just to transfer the oil to a refinery?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. A pipeline already exists so the oil isn't just sitting there. View attachment 282584
The stuff that can't be transported via the existing lines still reaches the US but it goes by train which is both less productive and much more dangerous, even compared to a nasty pipeline rupture. The fact remains the US will need oil for the foreseeable future, the US has basically lost the ability to frack because of opposition being fierce within the Democratic Party, and there's a human rights element to all of this where begging the leaders of KSA, Russia, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Venezuela etc. to increase oil production to give them more money with which to commit atrocities on their own people and others, use slave labour to fund their extravagant construction projects, fund terrorism and influence American and other western politics kinda offsets the bit of pollution Canada causes with the oil sands while also starting to lead the front on creating a greener society.

I thought that was not considered economically sustainable due to the process needed to bring in the upgrade agent just to transfer the oil to a refinery?
It's sustainable economically so long as the oil price is above a certain threshold, which it has been almost entirely other than a spell in the mid-10's when oil plunged and during the early days of the pandemic.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop polluting and eating meat and traveling so we can save the planet.

Now excuse me as I eat my haggis and hamburger before I run back to my private jet to go to a meeting with Dow Chemical to re-up their subsidy.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stuff that can't be transported via the existing lines still reaches the US but it goes by train which is both less productive and much more dangerous, even compared to a nasty pipeline rupture. The fact remains the US will need oil for the foreseeable future, the US has basically lost the ability to frack because of opposition being fierce within the Democratic Party, and there's a human rights element to all of this where begging the leaders of KSA, Russia, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Venezuela etc. to increase oil production to give them more money with which to commit atrocities on their own people and others, use slave labour to fund their extravagant construction projects, fund terrorism and influence American and other western politics kinda offsets the bit of pollution Canada causes with the oil sands while also starting to lead the front on creating a greener society.

It's sustainable economically so long as the oil price is above a certain threshold, which it has been almost entirely other than a spell in the mid-10's when oil plunged and during the early days of the pandemic.

As you made mention of the part of it being delivered via Train that is very true. It is yet another of the lack of bit of info folks don't realize or is even told. Like stated they look at the perceived danger of one and not the overall issue. Same can be said about the current supply chain issues. In a multi-modal logisitics system never, is one part the supply chain the issue but the reliance on each part of the supply chain is grand. To the extent if one part fails the whole system fails.

As for the threshold I though the price per barrel would have to stay well above $80 per just for the cost justification? I could be wrong but that's what I thought.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Upgrading is done on site in some cases. Including one of the biggest producers. It then goes to a refinery for further processing before it hits any of those terminals on that map.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ Whether it is currently used for vehicle fuel I don't know.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrading is done on site in some cases. Including one of the biggest producers.
Interesting, I thought that had to be transported to specific refineries for the process to even occur.

And if that is the case and the oil is refined onsite, doesn't that eliminate the need for the XL pipeline to a degree?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice to see Trevor let Dan, on his own, show his Grift without being confrontational.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop polluting and eating meat and traveling so we can save the planet.

Now excuse me as I eat my haggis and hamburger before I run back to my private jet to go to a meeting with Dow Chemical to re-up their subsidy.

60%!?!

I can honestly say (my wife is vegan) that figure is pretty damn high.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I don' t know either and if it could that would be great.

It definitely is used for energy generation so it doesn't really matter, as that would free up other oil for gasoline refinement.

None of this does anything for the environmental mess associated with all this though.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely is used for energy generation so it doesn't really matter, as that would free up other oil for gasoline refinement.

None of this does anything for the environmental mess associated with all this though.
So true. Short-term net gain vs long term cost towards cleanup on the environment never seems be accounted for.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's Go Brandon (clap clap clapclapclap)

/It seems to be a chant sweeping the country
//Not that I endorse it
Clue me in...why Brandon and is it derogatory?

I don't get it

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clue me in...why Brandon and is it derogatory?

I don't get it
Childish Right way of saying "Fuck Joe Biden"
It started at, of all things, a Nascar event where the announcer mistook the fuck Joe Biden chant for "Lets go Brandon".

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Childish Right way of saying "Fuck Joe Biden"
It started at, of all things, a Nascar event where the announcer mistook the fuck Joe Biden chant for "Lets go Brandon".
Also don't forget: and then idiots took that announcer's response and screamed about it being evidence of liberal media bias and such.

Because obviously the media covering NASCAR in Alabama is gonna be a bunch of uber liberal elites.

Status
Not open for further replies.