• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep pocket donors... current players.... former players... all want Gibby!

Gee wants Fickell.

Lyons wants Brown.

How will Shane handle all of the power struggles?

Fickell/Brown interviews going on yesterday/today. I'm not sure Gibby has been interviewed.

Here’s what cracks me up about the WVU coaching selection - everybody knows you have to spend money to make money. If you are serious about being a big dog, spend some money. Not sure why big money donors would settle for Gibby and not pony up for a bigger named established HC.

Gee should have a say, but not the final decision. If Fickell is hired, it just shows me how much Gee is overreaching his role and the lack of juice No Balls really has. If Brown is Lyin’ Shane Lyons man, get him. If Gibby’s is hired, then we didn’t learn from our Bill Stewart brainless decision.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets pray to god that Gibby is not the next HC.......I can not for the life of me see what fans see in his defense?? Every year the same thing, blown coverage, and can not tackle.....I personally would like to see a clean slate, if we are going to start over, let the new HC get his guys, and if he wants to keep any assistance that are here so be it, but would like to see a change in our Defense to.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBW heard that Gibby is in the mix...I hope so...I love Deja Vu...I will be sitting on the couch with popcorn in hand watching the Billy Stewart debacle all over again...outcome...GEE OUT...LYIN" Shane OUT!:hardy:
Man, I would hate that, winning nine games a year, competitive in EVERY game, actually playing defense, what a horrible thing!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBW heard that Gibby is in the mix...I hope so...I love Deja Vu...I will be sitting on the couch with popcorn in hand watching the Billy Stewart debacle all over again...outcome...GEE OUT...LYIN" Shane OUT!:hardy:
Man, I would hate that, winning nine games a year, competitive in EVERY game, actually playing defense, what a horrible thing!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my thoughts on Gibby and the push behind him...

Donors... our deep pocket donors... have been unwilling to support the program since Rich left.

In order to take the program to the next level, Shane truly needs their backing. We can’t improve salaries and construction of facility upgrades to catch up in the facility arms race without them.

I know Shane started a $100 million campaign in August. That was for all sports though. I don’t know how that campaign is going. Could it be off to a poor start?

Shane may be forced to take Gibby by the deep pockets. And, the deep pockets may be supporting Gibby because they feel they can influence him to hire Rich Rodriguez as the OC.

Because Rich is the one the deep pockets truly want as the HC.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets pray to god that Gibby is not the next HC.......I can not for the life of me see what fans see in his defense?? Every year the same thing, blown coverage, and can not tackle.....I personally would like to see a clean slate, if we are going to start over, let the new HC get his guys, and if he wants to keep any assistance that are here so be it, but would like to see a change in our Defense to.
Plus as mentioned like him or no the fanbase desperately needs to unite under one flag/camp ect. As much as Id like for a qualified WV guy to be ready to make that happen, Gibby aint it at this point imo.

Just ask yourself, what does your gut tell you, they hire Gibby today, from what you feel and have read/heard ect. Does that hire unite or continue to divide?
Remember, 2007 caused the fracture, Granted it wasnt his fault but he was a part of that era/staff, lets finally put it to bed!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Donors... our deep pocket donors... have been unwilling to support the program since Rich left.

In order to take the program to the next level, Shane truly needs their backing. We can’t improve salaries and construction of facility upgrades to catch up in the facility arms race without them.

I know Shane started a $100 million campaign in August. That was for all sports though. I don’t know how that campaign is going. Could it be off to a poor start?

Shane may be forced to take Gibby by the deep pockets. And, the deep pockets may be supporting Gibby because they feel they can influence him to hire Rich Rodriguez as the OC.

Would just.... be awful from a moral standpoint.

Many fans underwhelmed by a Gibby hire then Roots brought in as his OC?

WVU would lose a TON of support imo.

Now could it actually work on the field?... meh maybe to at least where we are right now I suppose :noidea:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we drop down to the AAC... you may enjoy all of these horrible things again.

Ain’t nobody playing defense in the Big 12=
Would just.... be awful from a moral standpoint.

Many fans underwhelmed by a Gibby hire then Roots brought in as his OC?

WVU would lose a TON of support imo.

Now could it actually work on the field?... meh maybe to at least where we are right now I suppose :noidea:

That’s the whole point though. Lyons is being played by the donors. They have a hold of his balls in their hands.

They think Rich is a visionary. He is their man!

If Shane doesn’t select Gibby, he can kiss getting anything out of this group of donors goodbye. Maybe forever...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If all that happened I wouldn't watch another game. Bring back Dick Rod and I'm done.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get it, why would they invest in a guy who had his shot and blew it, he hasn't done much since he left to impress???? Go get the Troy guy and get to shoring up recruiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

???:surprised::surprised:...WE move back to the Big East and someone forgot to tell me??..I BLAME YOU BBW FOR NOT SHARING!!...

Billy Stewart would not have come remotely close to winning 4 games in the BIG12....could you even imagine a Jeff Mullens offense in the Big 12?...WE would have been run out of the gym by 4 TD's on a weekly basis, between Casteel/Gibby and Mullen..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Stewart would not have come remotely close to winning 4 games in the BIG12....coould you even imagine a Jeff Mullens offense in the Big 12?...WE would have been run out of the gym by 4 TD's on a weekly basis, between Casteel/Gibby and Mullen..
If you say so......we were told Holgorsen was the guy, would bring championships to wvu.......Stewart would probably done about the same record wise as Holgorsen, probably not the gaudy numbers, but comparable results. Anyway, hire a damn coach, mr. Lyons!!!!!!

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Bring back Dick Rod, I will be a Houston fan, or Uconn......... Fuck that shit, now you got me all fucked up.....make we want to go smoke something I haven't smoked in 20 years

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all that happened I wouldn't watch another game. Bring back Dick Rod and I'm done.
Yup, I would become a buckeye fan if fraud is hired.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Bring back Dick Rod, I will be a Houston fan, or Uconn......... Fuck that shit, now you got me all fucked up.....make we want to go smoke something I haven't smoked in 20 years

Screw It...I say we have come this far...give the fans what they want...BRING BACK RICH./..and will have Rita's WV Cheerleading outfit dusted off for her when she gets back!...it should be the ULTIMATE SHIT SHOW!!..

I suspect many West Virginia University football fans have followed with great interest (or at least morbid curiosity) the news about Rich Rodriguez and the University of Arizona. The school fired him Tuesday night following an unremarkable six seasons and amid a sex scandal.

Rodriguez’ former administrative assistant, Melissa Wilhelmsen has accused the coach of sexual harassment. According to the claim, Rodriguez made unwanted sexual advances toward Wilhelmsen and also pressured her to help keep his wife, Rita, from finding out about an affair he was having with another woman.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.and will have Rita's WV Cheerleading outfit dusted off for her when she gets back!...

:eyebrows:

Easy slaton, you bout talked me back into getting on board with Roots coming back.

Jokes aside though, you nail it, RichRod aint NEVER gonna be our HC again, I guarantee it.Donors or no donors.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we drop down to the AAC... you may enjoy all of these horrible things again.

Ain’t nobody playing defense in the Big 12=

That’s the whole point though. Lyons is being played by the donors. They have a hold of his balls in their hands.

They think Rich is a visionary. He is their man!

If Shane doesn’t select Gibby, he can kiss getting anything out of this group of donors goodbye. Maybe forever...

I dunno if I buy that about the donors. There may be a couple that like him Kendrick comes to mind but I also think that they are smart enough to know that it would be a disastrous move for several reasons.

I think Lyons is handling this VERY well TBH. Other than maybe communicating with the assistants left behind on what Dana was doing (great move by Dana there too right? Left his staff swinging in the wind) a little more not sure what else we could ask of him at this point. He has done everything correctly.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if I buy that about the donors. There may be a couple that like him Kendrick comes to mind but I also think that they are smart enough to know that it would be a disastrous move for several reasons.

I think Lyons is handling this VERY well TBH. Other than maybe communicating with the assistants left behind on what Dana was doing (great move by Dana there too right? Left his staff swinging in the wind) a little more not sure what else we could ask of him at this point. He has done everything correctly.

It is known that there are deep pockets who loved Rich and have failed to donate to the football program since his departure. Lyons cannot get in with them... can’t get them back.

If I remember correctly, some car dealer in Parkersburg was one of the old boys.

Like we know, donors help provide the real income/salary we pay our HC and staff.

Lyons pushed Dana out the door. That is fine.

What if Brown/Fickell decline the job? G5 coaches turning down WVU. Our 3rd best candidate is a below average DC.

The only way Gibby is a candidate right now is because of the donors.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is known that there are deep pockets who loved Rich and have failed to donate to the football program since his departure. Lyons cannot get in with them... can’t get them back.

Maybe I'm missing something (entirely possible currently :D)

So why give a flip what they want if that's the case?

They haven't given in 12 years so imo they are NOT our donors. We have moved on.

The scenario about both walking away crossed my mind too, imo THAT is why Gibby is getting any play at all. I hate the thought of more stack but there WOULD be at least SOME continuity should he be hired as far as recruits/staff ect.
I hope that in the end that's not how it plays out but and Lyons and co. would have fallen on their faces imo but... stranger things