• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chargers in Arrowhead

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs favored by a touchdown as I type this. One of the bigger favorites as of right now for this week.

Would like to see the passing game come after Flowers in particular. Hoping to see more of this from Conley this week and going forward. Need some of those developing players such as Conley, Jones, and Gaines to take the next leap for the Chiefs to really get a stranglehold on this division. Not really much else to write that hasn't been mentioned ad infinitum at this point. Just shut up and play football.

Conley-1.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game I cannot wait to watch! Chargers hoping to put last year behind them and the Chiefs trying to show they are the top team in the AFC West. Seen actually a few picking the Chiefs for the Super Bowl lately.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game I cannot wait to watch! Chargers hoping to put last year behind them and the Chiefs trying to show they are the top team in the AFC West. Seen actually a few picking the Chiefs for the Super Bowl lately.
Seems a bit odd to me considering I thought last year's team was significantly better, at least to start the year, on paper. Guess people take the team more seriously when you blow up a playoff team 30-0.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a bit odd to me considering I thought last year's team was significantly better, at least to start the year, on paper. Guess people take the team more seriously when you blow up a playoff team 30-0.

I would guess part of it too is the fact that they are looked at more than seasons past as the front runner for the division. When you add in the Patriots without Tom Brady for a while. Steelers have some big question marks. Pretty much there is no true front runner in the AFC so the Chiefs look like as good of a bet as any with an established coach, pretty good QB, and probably one of the most balanced teams on both sides of the ball. So I can definitely understand it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs favored by a touchdown as I type this. One of the bigger favorites as of right now for this week.

Would like to see the passing game come after Flowers in particular. Hoping to see more of this from Conley this week and going forward. Need some of those developing players such as Conley, Jones, and Gaines to take the next leap for the Chiefs to really get a stranglehold on this division. Not really much else to write that hasn't been mentioned ad infinitum at this point. Just shut up and play football.

Conley-1.gif
remember this play when i was at the Coluseum for our 2nd preseason game. told the wife at the time that plays like that are what Chris Conley's capable of. he just needs to be more consistent. kid's ALREADY an athletic freak...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess part of it too is the fact that they are looked at more than seasons past as the front runner for the division. When you add in the Patriots without Tom Brady for a while. Steelers have some big question marks. Pretty much there is no true front runner in the AFC so the Chiefs look like as good of a bet as any with an established coach, pretty good QB, and probably one of the most balanced teams on both sides of the ball. So I can definitely understand it.

was actually kinda thinking the same. it feels like the AFC is sort of in a state of flux. and i won't make any predictions but we just MIGHT be seeing a "changing of the guard" soon...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs inactives:

RB J. Charles
WR D. Thomas
QB T. Bray
CB K. Russell
CB K. Acker
OL B. Witzmann
DL R. Nunez-Roches

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love a good ole week 1 goose egg. Flat as a piece of paper.
They're going to have a much easier time without Allen in the 2nd half, but a lot of the damage is already done. Not sure what Sutton is thinking but the short passing game continues to be ignored for some very strange reason.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's Packer game was still a lot worse than this game, but this game is trying hard to annoy me with all of the underachieving talent on the Dline. There's really no reason to be down 24-3 to any team in the NFL. Too much talent.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's Packer game was still a lot worse than this game, but this game is trying hard to annoy me with all of the underachieving talent on the Dline. There's really no reason to be down 24-3 to any team in the NFL. Too much talent.
It happens all the time in the NFL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to come off as a hot take, but Nelson looked pretty solid as an outside CB and was in the small spattering of snaps last year too. He's sub-optimal as a slot guy. Move Gaines to the slot and I think we have a lineup we can work with.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In first 38:58 of game, Alex Smith was 10-16 for 101 yds.

In final 26:09...was 24-32 for 262 yds w/ 3 TDs (1 rush).

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing the team perform so much better in the 2nd half in concert with established players being out of assignment kind of tells me Andy Reid, and Sutton, had a dogshit gameplan going in and got flatout outcoached because of it. The good news is once they got a real chance to regroup, they team clamped down on both sides of the ball + special teams. Not often Andy Reid is the LVP on a given week, but he really dropped the ball on this game, imo.

It's one thing to take a shot to the jaw, it's another to take a clean shot to the temple. I largely trust Reid, but this is not one of his finer outings.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid did make adjustments at the half, though.

Chiefs secondary was all sorts of lost at the start of the game. Lots of issues with dbs ignoring players. Chargers were winning the trenches early which is inexplicable. Ware in the passing game really bailed the offense out. Chiefs made 3 or 4 tough grabs, converted on 4th down and took advantage of blown chargers decisions.

Denver got a lucky win last year in week 2 against kc. Lucky wins are still wins as long as the team learns something.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid did make adjustments at the half, though.

Chiefs secondary was all sorts of lost at the start of the game. Lots of issues with dbs ignoring players. Chargers were winning the trenches early which is inexplicable. Ware in the passing game really bailed the offense out. Chiefs made 3 or 4 tough grabs, converted on 4th down and took advantage of blown chargers decisions.

Denver got a lucky win last year in week 2 against kc. Lucky wins are still wins as long as the team learns something.
There were apparently combo coverages that were being exploited with underneath routes such as slants and crossing patterns. Probably something they'd tone down going forward. Or so I hope- that was very ugly to start the game. Can't believe Rivers still ended up with a YPA under 7 for the game.